JAB's undershirts are pretty good. The white, short sleeve ones. I wear them everyday. The weird thing is that out of the 6 or so I've had, two of them shrunk. Yet they're not supposed to shrink. And five or so years ago, I bought one of their leather jackets on sale (the sale was like 75% off or so) and I've had it since. It's really nice.
Related Forum Threads
- Jos Bank Sig GOLD suit $179 clearance Last post on 11/28/12 at 7:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Deal or Not? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Getting a suit in Northern Virginia. Last post on 4/29/13 at 8:49pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on Yesterday at 1:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
JoS. A. Bank - Quality/Contruction/Pricing Answers - Page 12post #166 of 17112/26/13 at 5:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #167 of 1713/9/14 at 7:25pm
I find that JAB takes a beating on these forums, but I just bought 2 Signature dress pants today for the 2/$195 deal. The fit was great and I can't say I was taken back by the quality. I am waiting for the dreaded in store tailoring to be complete. While the jury is still out...I can't say that I am having buyers remorse.post #168 of 1713/9/14 at 8:14pmpost #169 of 1715/26/14 at 9:09amYou are lying about the quality. I know clothing, and have been deciding on what brand and where to get my clothes based on where the company's clothing is made. The practice of doing that is despicable. The quality of clothing that is made in developing countries except Peru is bad. China made clothing is horrid, and so is in any Asian country including Vietnam, Pakistan, and etc.., and any developing country. The best countries to make clothing is France, Peru, USA, England, and Italy but it might be a sweatshop if it something besides silk ties or leather boots.post #170 of 17111/2/14 at 7:14pm
To start, JAB adverts are very cheesy and "gypsy" like. I will 100% agree with this. But when it comes to quality of fabric for the price... That is hard to beat. If you do the research on where the fabric is from then you are getting the answer for how luxurious the fabric is. Then you bring me to my next point, for the most part if i walked by you on the street wearing a JAB signature $895 and a BB $1499 you would not be able to tell me which one was a better suit. The fabric quality is the same. JAB does make a $1295 signature gold, $1695 Centocinquanta, and a $2195 Platinum suit (which is super 150s made in Italy). If you are able to buy a made in Italy super 150s wool suit from JAB Buy 1 (at $2195) Get 3 Free what makes it any worse than a BB suit at 2 for 1400 or other equally valued brands that offer Italian made suits?
This is to just ponder and converse over not to argue about which high end suit is better than JAB. I know there are much better suits out there. All I am trying to say is why bash a company over its adverts before you even put on any of there suits. My MTM suit that cost me an arm and a leg is just as nice as my JAB sig gold. The only difference is i paid the same price for 4 suits with tailoring as I did for 1 MTM.
I receive compliments on both suits, people are just surprised when I tell them one is JAB. My feeling on the matter is people let there egos get in the way when purchasing suits.
If suit A and suit B are the same quality then doesn't it come down to saving your self some money? or is it about the "prestige" that you want to buy?post #171 of 17111/4/14 at 7:37pmI'm having a problem with the front button placat shrinking on both the button hole side and the button side. The results are the buttons don't line up and looks terrible. I buy the all cotton travelers shirts and have them laundered at the cleaners. They say it's poor workmanship, the materials don't withstand the commercial laundry process. I do not have this problem with any of my all cotton regular shirts...just traveler...whats the cause, what's the fix?
- JoS. A. Bank - Quality/Contruction/Pricing Answers
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 53 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › Friday Fit Challenge 7/8 "The Black and white Challenge" 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...