JAB's undershirts are pretty good. The white, short sleeve ones. I wear them everyday. The weird thing is that out of the 6 or so I've had, two of them shrunk. Yet they're not supposed to shrink. And five or so years ago, I bought one of their leather jackets on sale (the sale was like 75% off or so) and I've had it since. It's really nice.
Related Forum Threads
- Jos Bank Sig GOLD suit $179 clearance Last post on 11/28/12 at 7:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Deal or Not? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Getting a suit in Northern Virginia. Last post on 4/29/13 at 8:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
JoS. A. Bank - Quality/Contruction/Pricing Answers - Page 12post #166 of 17112/26/13 at 5:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #167 of 1713/9/14 at 7:25pm
I find that JAB takes a beating on these forums, but I just bought 2 Signature dress pants today for the 2/$195 deal. The fit was great and I can't say I was taken back by the quality. I am waiting for the dreaded in store tailoring to be complete. While the jury is still out...I can't say that I am having buyers remorse.post #168 of 1713/9/14 at 8:14pmpost #169 of 1715/26/14 at 9:09amYou are lying about the quality. I know clothing, and have been deciding on what brand and where to get my clothes based on where the company's clothing is made. The practice of doing that is despicable. The quality of clothing that is made in developing countries except Peru is bad. China made clothing is horrid, and so is in any Asian country including Vietnam, Pakistan, and etc.., and any developing country. The best countries to make clothing is France, Peru, USA, England, and Italy but it might be a sweatshop if it something besides silk ties or leather boots.post #170 of 17111/2/14 at 7:14pm
To start, JAB adverts are very cheesy and "gypsy" like. I will 100% agree with this. But when it comes to quality of fabric for the price... That is hard to beat. If you do the research on where the fabric is from then you are getting the answer for how luxurious the fabric is. Then you bring me to my next point, for the most part if i walked by you on the street wearing a JAB signature $895 and a BB $1499 you would not be able to tell me which one was a better suit. The fabric quality is the same. JAB does make a $1295 signature gold, $1695 Centocinquanta, and a $2195 Platinum suit (which is super 150s made in Italy). If you are able to buy a made in Italy super 150s wool suit from JAB Buy 1 (at $2195) Get 3 Free what makes it any worse than a BB suit at 2 for 1400 or other equally valued brands that offer Italian made suits?
This is to just ponder and converse over not to argue about which high end suit is better than JAB. I know there are much better suits out there. All I am trying to say is why bash a company over its adverts before you even put on any of there suits. My MTM suit that cost me an arm and a leg is just as nice as my JAB sig gold. The only difference is i paid the same price for 4 suits with tailoring as I did for 1 MTM.
I receive compliments on both suits, people are just surprised when I tell them one is JAB. My feeling on the matter is people let there egos get in the way when purchasing suits.
If suit A and suit B are the same quality then doesn't it come down to saving your self some money? or is it about the "prestige" that you want to buy?post #171 of 17111/4/14 at 7:37pmI'm having a problem with the front button placat shrinking on both the button hole side and the button side. The results are the buttons don't line up and looks terrible. I buy the all cotton travelers shirts and have them laundered at the cleaners. They say it's poor workmanship, the materials don't withstand the commercial laundry process. I do not have this problem with any of my all cotton regular shirts...just traveler...whats the cause, what's the fix?
- JoS. A. Bank - Quality/Contruction/Pricing Answers
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 33 seconds ago
- › The Official Classic Men's Coats Thread 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 1 minute ago
- › LAWLESS DENIM (LD&Co) OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › Sebastian Ward Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...