Related Forum Threads
- Jos Bank Sig GOLD suit $179 clearance Last post on 11/28/12 at 7:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Deal or Not? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Getting a suit in Northern Virginia. Last post on 4/29/13 at 8:49pm in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 27/11-2015: CHALKS AND PINS Last post on 12/5/15 at 11:54am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: Today
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
JoS. A. Bank - Quality/Contruction/Pricing Answers - Page 8post #106 of 1726/7/09 at 2:22amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #107 of 1726/7/09 at 9:07amThread Starterpost #108 of 17210/13/09 at 12:21ampost #109 of 17212/4/10 at 4:44amhope there's no problem bringing up a dead thread... but does anyone have experience with these suits? http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop...1_10050_229136 they look interesting and i'm wondering if it's worth the 40 mile drive to my nearest one.post #110 of 17210/22/11 at 6:11pm
here is my experience with jab suits. i bought a suit there for $200. it was/originally listed at $400. two years later, it is falling apart. meanwhhile, a suit by alfani bought a macys at around the same time. its in great shape and just feels nicer. i probably will not but another suit from jab. i did just today get two sets of shoe trees for $12.50 eachfrom jab, so that was nice!post #111 of 17210/22/11 at 6:59pmI went with my son-in-law to JAB today. He needed a suit. I was talking with the sales associate and he was telling me how good their suits were. I quote, "Our signature gold are the equivalent of the top of the line Hickey Freeman or Oxxford and our Platinum suits are the equivalent of Brioni." I couldn't help myself and I started to laugh, he was offended. He said, "You don't believe me?" and I replied, "No sir, I don't. In fact, you don't know what you are talking about." I wasn't trying to offend him, I just thought it was funny. Why do they train their sales associates to say such things? I have some Signature Gold sport coats and I really like them. I bought them mostly for the patterns. I too hate their advertisements and now I hate the mumbo jumbo that their sa's spout.post #112 of 17210/23/11 at 7:13ampost #113 of 17210/23/11 at 7:42amtheir marketing model im sure works but it is pretty pathetic. i get like 5 emails per week promoting their absurd bogo sales. to take full advantage of these so called sales, they are still separatinng you from $500 or so. for that, id rather get one quality piece that will last a while.post #114 of 17210/23/11 at 8:41ampost #115 of 17210/23/11 at 9:09ampost #116 of 17210/23/11 at 9:59ampost #117 of 1725/29/12 at 8:31amBelieve me...all of our in-store associates are in agreement about the voice-over guy for the commercials. We make fun of him all the time, haha. JOOOSEPH! A! much enjoyedThe avoiceover wasBANK!
I disagree. I very much enjoyed his voice. It was one of the few advertisements I used to look forward to. I found recently that the voice was that of a famous Broadway actor Danny Maseng (look him up on Wikipedia). I realized a few weeks ago just before he was replaced that it reminded me of the Mary Poppins song Fidelity Fiduciary Bank (I do not know whether this was intentional). I am probably showing my age (56 - not that old but not a sprring either).post #118 of 1725/29/12 at 8:36ampost #119 of 1725/29/12 at 9:53ampost #120 of 1728/11/12 at 8:50pm
Traveler vs. Signature Tux?
In my opinion the Traveler looks more like the traditional tux with great contrast between jacket and lapel, where the Signature has an overall "shiney" finish, with little distinction between jacket & lapel,giving it more of a traditional suit appearance. The Signature shine makes the color appear to be a deep grey when placed next to the Traveler which appears solid black. The Signature fabric weight is lighter making the overall feel to be less substantial, even dare I say even a bit "feminine". The Signature shine also made it appeared wrinkled with every crease, where the Traveler looked smooth, polished. masculine.
With the current sale, there is no difference in price between the two, so that is not a consideration.....just the overall appearance.
Question: If two men you just met walked into a room, one wearing a Traveler, the other a Signature....would you noticed the difference? Which would you admire more?
- JoS. A. Bank - Quality/Contruction/Pricing Answers
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Alden Ravello Plain Toe Blucher size 8.5D on Barrie / BNIB 46 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 10 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...