Related Forum Threads
- Jos Bank Sig GOLD suit $179 clearance Last post on 11/28/12 at 7:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Deal or Not? Last post on 11/15/12 at 9:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Getting a suit in Northern Virginia. Last post on 4/29/13 at 8:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
JoS. A. Bank - Quality/Contruction/Pricing Answers - Page 8post #106 of 1696/7/09 at 2:22amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #107 of 1696/7/09 at 9:07amThread Starterpost #108 of 16910/13/09 at 12:21ampost #109 of 16912/4/10 at 4:44amhope there's no problem bringing up a dead thread... but does anyone have experience with these suits? http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop...1_10050_229136 they look interesting and i'm wondering if it's worth the 40 mile drive to my nearest one.post #110 of 16910/22/11 at 6:11pm
here is my experience with jab suits. i bought a suit there for $200. it was/originally listed at $400. two years later, it is falling apart. meanwhhile, a suit by alfani bought a macys at around the same time. its in great shape and just feels nicer. i probably will not but another suit from jab. i did just today get two sets of shoe trees for $12.50 eachfrom jab, so that was nice!post #111 of 16910/22/11 at 6:59pmI went with my son-in-law to JAB today. He needed a suit. I was talking with the sales associate and he was telling me how good their suits were. I quote, "Our signature gold are the equivalent of the top of the line Hickey Freeman or Oxxford and our Platinum suits are the equivalent of Brioni." I couldn't help myself and I started to laugh, he was offended. He said, "You don't believe me?" and I replied, "No sir, I don't. In fact, you don't know what you are talking about." I wasn't trying to offend him, I just thought it was funny. Why do they train their sales associates to say such things? I have some Signature Gold sport coats and I really like them. I bought them mostly for the patterns. I too hate their advertisements and now I hate the mumbo jumbo that their sa's spout.post #112 of 16910/23/11 at 7:13ampost #113 of 16910/23/11 at 7:42amtheir marketing model im sure works but it is pretty pathetic. i get like 5 emails per week promoting their absurd bogo sales. to take full advantage of these so called sales, they are still separatinng you from $500 or so. for that, id rather get one quality piece that will last a while.post #114 of 16910/23/11 at 8:41ampost #115 of 16910/23/11 at 9:09ampost #116 of 16910/23/11 at 9:59ampost #117 of 1695/29/12 at 8:31amBelieve me...all of our in-store associates are in agreement about the voice-over guy for the commercials. We make fun of him all the time, haha. JOOOSEPH! A! much enjoyedThe avoiceover wasBANK!
I disagree. I very much enjoyed his voice. It was one of the few advertisements I used to look forward to. I found recently that the voice was that of a famous Broadway actor Danny Maseng (look him up on Wikipedia). I realized a few weeks ago just before he was replaced that it reminded me of the Mary Poppins song Fidelity Fiduciary Bank (I do not know whether this was intentional). I am probably showing my age (56 - not that old but not a sprring either).post #118 of 1695/29/12 at 8:36ampost #119 of 1695/29/12 at 9:53ampost #120 of 1698/11/12 at 8:50pm
Traveler vs. Signature Tux?
In my opinion the Traveler looks more like the traditional tux with great contrast between jacket and lapel, where the Signature has an overall "shiney" finish, with little distinction between jacket & lapel,giving it more of a traditional suit appearance. The Signature shine makes the color appear to be a deep grey when placed next to the Traveler which appears solid black. The Signature fabric weight is lighter making the overall feel to be less substantial, even dare I say even a bit "feminine". The Signature shine also made it appeared wrinkled with every crease, where the Traveler looked smooth, polished. masculine.
With the current sale, there is no difference in price between the two, so that is not a consideration.....just the overall appearance.
Question: If two men you just met walked into a room, one wearing a Traveler, the other a Signature....would you noticed the difference? Which would you admire more?
- JoS. A. Bank - Quality/Contruction/Pricing Answers
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 just now
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › 2014 MLB Season Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...