• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Band Of Outsiders S/S 09 Discussion

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly we didn't have a thread for S/S 09, so I am creating one...

Anyone know how the shorts fit this season?

I am sorta into this pair, a nice redish tone

Specifically:
IMG_5188.jpg

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The waist on the shorts is true to a little big but they do tend to be a bit snug and tight in the legs.

Oxnard

Reaction score
The only thing I really wanted to get from this season was an overdye batiste shirt. I got the wine overdyed one from last year and it is easily one of my favorite shirts, nice and lightweight for summer with a vivid color. **** sells out so quickly at full retail though, its amazing. Oh well, maybe next year.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Ah I see, I am a 33 waist, should I go for the 32s or 34 then?

I see the pic was taken from South Willard, I'd call them. I didn't try those shorts on, but I did try on the green/red/blue plaid ones. Like I said the waist was fine, maybe even a bit big by BoO standards, but they were much more snug in the legs than most of shorts I wear.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oxnard
The only thing I really wanted to get from this season was an overdye batiste shirt. I got the wine overdyed one from last year and it is easily one of my favorite shirts, nice and lightweight for summer with a vivid color. **** sells out so quickly at full retail though, its amazing. Oh well, maybe next year.

I got the grey overdyed SS shirt and was shocked at how more snug and tighter the overdyed shirts are compared to their other fabrics.

bsyde82

Reaction score

Just picked up a red batiste shirt...love the fit of this one. fits a lot better on me than the oxfords, which I find to be a bit too snug for a medium.

I would really like to get another batiste shirt...either the grey or dark blue, but can't find them anywhere anymore

Oxnard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer
I got the grey overdyed SS shirt and was shocked at how more snug and tighter the overdyed shirts are compared to their other fabrics.

the overdyed short sleeves are not batiste shirts. They only make the batistes in long sleeves, the short sleeves have similar colors but its a different fit. The l/s batiste are larger than regular boo shirts, found that out the hard way when I ordered a s/s in the same size, was so much smaller.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they stop producing XXL this season? Or is it just really rare to find?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the overdyed short sleeves are not batiste shirts. They only make the batistes in long sleeves, the short sleeves have similar colors but its a different fit. The l/s batiste are larger than regular boo shirts, found that out the hard way when I ordered a s/s in the same size, was so much smaller.

That's good to know. I am typically an XL in BoO, but when I ordered a XL S/S Overdyed I swear I thought I was going to go Incredible Hulk on it and explode through it, I mean it was not even funny, it fit like a typical BoO Medium, I think it might have even been miss tagged.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CityHunter
Did they stop producing XXL this season? Or is it just really rare to find?

They still do, just harder to come across. South Willard has some XXL's, or at least they did. Seems like most stores buy limited XXL (for whatever reason) and they tend to seel quickly.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually wear a 31 and found the Size 1 more appropriate than Size 0.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BoO remains transformative i see. wait, does transformative mean J. Crew?

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
BoO remains transformative i see. wait, does transformative mean J. Crew?

Only if it's tailored.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads