or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › You know what? I'm REALLY lonely.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know what? I'm REALLY lonely. - Page 3

post #31 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
Retail jobs are the soul-sucking vampires of the working world.


Also...you kinda come across as a bit of an asshole, maybe that's part of the reason?

What? why do you say that?



I'm telling the truth here.. I'm honestly SUPER nice in person/real life. I say hi to everyone, I smile constantly (part of my job but still I'm friendly by nature), I treat everyone equally.
Maybe people think nice guys are creepy because they haven't met many before?

There are people at work with ego's though, stuckup etc. You can just tell they think they're hot shit or better than other people and they act like it.

To be honest I know that I have great qualities that, in some people's eyes, make me "better than" other people but I never think like that. I treat everyone equally well and don't have an ego.
post #32 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
i'll hang with you bro

+1

tagutcow is cool.
post #33 of 66
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
cummon guys i know people who have moved from other countries and with in 6 months have a solid group of people to hang with. they may just be lucky but you guys also cant be trying hard enough.

Well they have charisma. Or they don't have any fears about talking extensively and randomly to strangers. They don't have any problems opening up. They don't fear what others are going to think of them or that they'll think they're weird. I do. I was born that way and it's not easy to change.
post #34 of 66
I thought this was style forum where the kool kids hang; I guess not?
post #35 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post
I thought this was style forum where the kool kids hang; I guess not?
This is the internet. The kool kids are behind the bleachers having secks with the cheerleaders. (Except for me. I'm a kool kid.)
post #36 of 66
Seriously, get up and go out. There's a whole world out there filled with people wanting to meet people. And if you don't know how to approach anyone, read The Game or Dale Carnegie.
post #37 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
Have you considered paying?







You should feel lonely. There are billions of people in the world and none of them want to spend time with you.
post #38 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneFig View Post
No, sorry. I'm an atheist for life..

Well, you got one thing going for you. That silly god crap is the lamest.
post #39 of 66
If Liebot saw this thread he would probably tell Phillipe that it is the saddest thing I know how you guys feel. I have a couple of friends at school, couple at work, but that is it. Sometimes I care, sometimes I don't.
post #40 of 66
Sometimes reading these threads make me sad. Is this what all adulthood life is like?
post #41 of 66
Thank god i'm still in school. Maybe if I get a PhD I can milk being in uni til I'm 31-32.
post #42 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post

You should feel lonely. There are billions of people in the world and none of them want to spend time with you.

That's the thing that kills me, though (and I know your comment wasn't directed at me)-- I know there are tons of people who would love to have me as a friend, I know there are tons of girls who would love to have me as a boyfriend... They just never get to meet me.

And no, it's not because I'm "shy"-- at least not how I understand the term. I'm not "insecure"-- I have alot of shit weighing down on my shoulders, but an inferiority complex isn't one of them. I just have great difficulty insinuating myself into groups of people in situations where purely social interaction is cast in bare relief.

Hey, if there's a pool table, I'll put some money up, and be guaranteed some level of social interaction. You can talk a little bit with the people you're playing with (I'm always 10x better when others initiate), but at the same time there's no pressure to "perform"-- not socially, at least. For a person looking from the outside, it may even appear that I'm with friends, and they in turn are far more likely to initiate conversation with me than if I'm just a creepy loner in the corner. I've made a handful of passing acquantinces this way. The few times in recent memory I've attempted to go somewhere that doesn't have a pool table, I realized what a social crutch it's become for me.

Seat me at a table with five or so people I know reasonably well, and I'll have all of them roaring with laughter in no time. This is my best side, but a situation in which I find myself precious few times (seriously, I get to go to a restaraunt with non-relatives about once a year on average.) Put me in a club full of total strangers, and with nothing to do, and I'm totally useless.

I'm not in denial. When people make it known that they don't want anything to do with me, I can read the signs. This happens to everyone, though, and I don't think anyone could realistically believe that social rejection alone accounts for my loneliness.

I do have a mild form of prosopagnosia, more demotically known as face-blindness. Basically, I usually have to see a person five or six times before I can remember them, which may nip prospective friendships in the proverbial bud. It also raises the possibility that all the strangers I see around me may not necessarily be strangers. I can't help but believe prosopagnosia has a subtle but profound impact on my social life... I'm always amazed at the sheer number of other people most other people know, and the vast, cross-referenced mental database of social information they have at their disposal. Having to remember all those friends'-friends, relatives, jobs, significant others, ex-significant others, etc. strikes me- quite honestly- as hard work of the most mundane variety, and if it's a choice between that and being lonely, I'd almost prefer to be lonely.

It's certainly not all a direct result of prosopagnosia, but maybe the prosopagnosia has caused certain social skills to atrophy. When I go to the gym, sometimes the guy who works there tries to have a little conversation with me, or occasionally I'll make a joke about a video they're showing on the tvs. It doesn't always go smoothly, and it makes me feel bad- in situations like these in general- that I can't be more yielding.
post #43 of 66
nc ain;t that bad. just go out more tagutcow.
post #44 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagutcow View Post
That's the thing that kills me, though (and I know your comment wasn't directed at me)-- I know there are tons of people who would love to have me as a friend, I know there are tons of girls who would love to have me as a boyfriend... They just never get to meet me.

And no, it's not because I'm "shy"-- at least not how I understand the term. I'm not "insecure"-- I have alot of shit weighing down on my shoulders, but an inferiority complex isn't one of them. I just have great difficulty insinuating myself into groups of people in situations where purely social interaction is cast in bare relief.

Hey, if there's a pool table, I'll put some money up, and be guaranteed some level of social interaction. You can talk a little bit with the people you're playing with (I'm always 10x better when others initiate), but at the same time there's no pressure to "perform"-- not socially, at least. For a person looking from the outside, it may even appear that I'm with friends, and they in turn are far more likely to initiate conversation with me than if I'm just a creepy loner in the corner. I've made a handful of passing acquantinces this way. The few times in recent memory I've attempted to go somewhere that doesn't have a pool table, I realized what a social crutch it's become for me.

Seat me at a table with five or so people I know reasonably well, and I'll have all of them roaring with laughter in no time. This is my best side, but a situation in which I find myself precious few times (seriously, I get to go to a restaraunt with non-relatives about once a year on average.) Put me in a club full of total strangers, and with nothing to do, and I'm totally useless.

I'm not in denial. When people make it known that they don't want anything to do with me, I can read the signs. This happens to everyone, though, and I don't think anyone could realistically believe that social rejection alone accounts for my loneliness.

I do have a mild form of prosopagnosia, more demotically known as face-blindness. Basically, I usually have to see a person five or six times before I can remember them, which may nip prospective friendships in the proverbial bud. It also raises the possibility that all the strangers I see around me may not necessarily be strangers. I can't help but believe prosopagnosia has a subtle but profound impact on my social life... I'm always amazed at the sheer number of other people most other people know, and the vast, cross-referenced mental database of social information they have at their disposal. Having to remember all those friends'-friends, relatives, jobs, significant others, ex-significant others, etc. strikes me- quite honestly- as hard work of the most mundane variety, and if it's a choice between that and being lonely, I'd almost prefer to be lonely.

It's certainly not all a direct result of prosopagnosia, but maybe the prosopagnosia has caused certain social skills to atrophy. When I go to the gym, sometimes the guy who works there tries to have a little conversation with me, or occasionally I'll make a joke about a video they're showing on the tvs. It doesn't always go smoothly, and it makes me feel bad- in situations like these in general- that I can't be more yielding.

Sounds like you are too real. You have to be fake and put up a persona for some social lubricant.
post #45 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
Sounds like you are too real. You have to be fake and put up a persona for some social lubricant.

Are you saying I should follow the Arthur Kade program for success?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › You know what? I'm REALLY lonely.