• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who would you like to meet on Style Forum?

marc37

Reaction score
Who are the people you would most like to meet on this forum?

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you are all just figments of my imagination. a bunch of text that lives in the box on my desk. as such you are facets of my own psyche, and lord knows i don't want to be meeting any of my alter-egos. marc, you may just be my inner Paul Hogan. *shudder* Out, demon. I command you. Mate. Fair Dinkum.

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to meet:

LAGuy when he comes back to LA. He could introduce me to all the adult video performers he knows.

Manton. I could be his padawin, and learn from Yoda himself.

Horace. It seems we've got other things in common besides this forum.

Jerry's Friend.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'd like to meet Kabbaz... Right before he offers to make me free shirts.
smile.gif
And then, I absolutely MUST meet Ernest. He can show me how to exploit the French welfare system, and I too can buy dunhill and h&k at a steep discount. Then whnay and I will have a flintlock pistol duel at dawn for the fate of the balance of the senate and house majority. If I survive that, I'm taking Fabienne and Alexis out to dinner. At Master b8man's wheatgrass restaraunt.
smile.gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
nice thread

id like to trail J around thrift shops and pounce-n-snatch every time he looks at an item for longer than a few seconds

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LAGuy when he comes back to LA. He could introduce me to all the adult video performers he knows.
Would love to,  but my future wife (in a week and a half, wow)  would kill me.  I  enjoy living.

Incidentally, my fiancee told me I reminded her of the Hitch character in the eponymous movie. I *guess* it was a compliment. Personally, I feel more like his friend at the pool hall, for those who have seen the movie.

arrogant

Reaction score
(esquire. @ June 21 2005,00:08) LAGuy when he comes back to LA. He could introduce me to all the adult video performers he knows.
Would love to,  but my future wife (in a week and a half, wow)  would kill me.  I  enjoy living. Incidentally,  my fiancee told me I reminded her of the Hitch character in the eponymous movie.  I *guess* it was a compliment.  Personally, I feel more like his friend at the pool  hall, for those who have seen the movie.
HAHAHAHA....some people...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
nice thread

id like to trail J around thrift shops and pounce-n-snatch every time he looks at an item for longer than a few seconds
Thats my job you are talkin about pal.

arrogant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy,June 21 2005,07:31
Originally Posted by esquire.,June 21 2005,00:08
Would love to,  but my future wife (in a week and a half, wow)  would kill me.  I  enjoy living. Incidentally,  my fiancee told me I reminded her of the Hitch character in the eponymous movie.  I *guess* it was a compliment.  Personally, I feel more like his friend at the pool  hall, for those who have seen the movie.

More like the guy in the pool hall who initially attempts to pick up eva mendez's character and gets shut down hard and gets made fun of by will smith's character... I am guessing your like 5'7 max...buck 20...balding and pretty ugly.....certainly not big player or casanova.... HAHAHA "internet-pimp"...I can picture this ugly bum ass dirtball, all sweaty and dirty, sitting in some cheap leather chair all day.. Both SAD and LAME

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
I'd like to meet Kabbaz... Right before he offers to make me free shirts.
smile.gif
And then, I absolutely MUST meet Ernest. He can show me how to exploit the French welfare system, and I too can buy dunhill and h&k at a steep discount. Then whnay and I will have a flintlock pistol duel at dawn for the  fate of the balance of the senate and house majority. If I survive that, I'm taking Fabienne and Alexis out to dinner. At Master b8man's wheatgrass restaraunt.
smile.gif
I have met Ernest. Although he knows his shopping for great clothes and shoes in Paris (at good prices) and is as irrepressible in person as on the forum, he is not what you would expect of the typical Frenchman. He does not drink (not even coffee) or smoke; nor is he a gourmet. I cannot comment about his abilities with the ladies, except to say that he has a really adorable girlfriend who dotes on him.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(arrogant @ June 21 2005,12:20)
Originally Posted by LA Guy,June 21 2005,07:31
Originally Posted by esquire.,June 21 2005,00:08

More like the guy in the pool hall who initially attempts to pick up eva mendez's character and gets shut down hard and gets made fun of by will smith's character... I am guessing your like 5'7 max...buck 40...balding and pretty ugly.....certainly not big player or casanova.... HAHAHA "internet-pimp"...I can picture this ugly bum ass dirtball, all sweaty and dirty, sitting in some cheap leather chair all day.. Both SAD and LAME
Hmmm, a troll, I see. Actually, there is a picture of me on the site, if you must see for yourself - not the best photo, but it does show me and my fiancee. I should repost the picture of me and my friend at the pool hall, in fighting mood (old time posters might remember the image), and see how you like it the lamb after that. No, I'm actually 5'11", and between 163 (current weight) and 175 (fighting weight). Balding, no, but I crop my hair short, and sometimes shave it. Fat, well, I'm don't have my 23 year old body anymore, but not so much. Sweaty? Only when it's hot. And cheap leather chair? I wish. I have a crappy rolling office chair - the Harvard Home Depot special, I'm sure. As for being shut down - sure it's happened. Laws of averages. And as for being a big Casanova, I've never claimed to be. What's your beef bud. Haven't gotten laid in 15 years, and then only by the marsupialed girl in junior high? Sad. How about you? Prove that you're for real and post and image with you holding an "LA Guy sucks" sign in the members photo section.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, arrogant. Elementary lesson. It's an old wisdom that girls go for "bad boys". Maybe you misunderstood. Girls are generally turned off by guys who act like assholes right off the bat. Not saying that you are. But you could be...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd personally like to meet:

1) Manton - I'm sure we'd get along, sort of like Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan do in Rush Hour. Plusl, would love to grill him on esoteric rules.

2) Tokyo Slim - Because he seems like he has too much time on his hands, and that usually makes people fun.

3) j. - corresponded with him, sent him gifts and money, etc... got jeans from him. And I spend way too much time here. He's like my dealer. Seems like I should meet my enabler.

4) Carlo (Chuck Franke) - When are you coming to Boston anyway? Anyway, I'll be in Texas soon enough - would love to see you if fates allow.

5) Alex Kabbaz - crotchety, opinionated old artisans are generally fun to talk with.

I've already met quite a number of the rest of you. All good. It was nice to meet Steve after having known him virtually for years. And nice to know that Brian looked exactly as I imagined him. JN3 spied on me for a long time before revealing himself. Bastard. No, seriously, a really good, decent guy.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nor is he a gourmet.
I am a gourmet as i like watermelon, sandwiches and croque monsieur .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads