or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors - Page 44

post #646 of 803
LNC is closed for abt 3 weeks - he's having an operation. Will be back up and running mid-Feb. Place is as active as ever - he's expanded into the rear rooms, which are now chock full of clothes.
post #647 of 803

I decided to bring the pants to Brooks Brothers Madison Ave store as it's BB suit. $65 to recut the pants - a steal if they do a good job.

 

Let's hope...

post #648 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredrob View Post

I decided to bring the pants to Brooks Brothers Madison Ave store as it's BB suit. $65 to recut the pants - a steal if they do a good job.

Let's hope...
awesome!
post #649 of 803
Any recent Cardelino experiences? Looking for a new tailor, my last one has raised his prices substantially, and the quality of the work made it not worth it anymore.
post #650 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Any recent Cardelino experiences? Looking for a new tailor, my last one has raised his prices substantially, and the quality of the work made it not worth it anymore.

I just gave Pierre of Paris a shot as my previous tailor sold and, even though he's still there, the new owner imposed a 100% price increase across the board (and it wasn't inexpensive to start). PoP charged me $190 to basically remake a sportcoat I love but outgrew and to tweak (numerous small alterations, nothing fits me that well OTR) an isaia trouser. He did basted fittings on both and the work is great.
post #651 of 803
tailoring in nyc is going nuts pricewise
post #652 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

tailoring in nyc is going nuts pricewise

Yup. I lost a pretty good amount of weight recently, such that my favorite TF suit is fitting too large in the shoulders...dreading having shoulder surgery performed as there are only a couple of tailors I would trust and it's going to be outrageous.
post #653 of 803
Hermes has outstanding tailoring, and affordable (shocking) pricing. for hermes only items though.

perhaps take it to TF?
post #654 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

Hermes has outstanding tailoring, and affordable (shocking) pricing. for hermes only items though.

perhaps take it to TF?

I had a really bad experience with TF's tailoring, so they're out. I will probably use Bergdorf, there is a tailor there I really trust.
post #655 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil10 View Post

I just gave Pierre of Paris a shot as my previous tailor sold and, even though he's still there, the new owner imposed a 100% price increase across the board (and it wasn't inexpensive to start). PoP charged me $190 to basically remake a sportcoat I love but outgrew and to tweak (numerous small alterations, nothing fits me that well OTR) an isaia trouser. He did basted fittings on both and the work is greaT

Interesting... I paid 160 recently to have sleeves shortened (no buttonholes), waist taken in, and jacket shortened (admittedly a bit harder). Sounds like PoP is in that same range, and I'm sure they do better work...
post #656 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Interesting... I paid 160 recently to have sleeves shortened (no buttonholes), waist taken in, and jacket shortened (admittedly a bit harder). Sounds like PoP is in that same range, and I'm sure they do better work...

Mine was a let out everywhere keeping patterns matched, sleeves corrected, vents balanced and then final alterations after basted fitting (not including the trousers I had altered too). I highly recommend, he knows his shit, and also sports a pretty money tweed Fendi vest. :-)
post #657 of 803
+1 Peter (PoP) is great! I have some trousers at his shop now. I only wish I could afford for him to make me a suit.
post #658 of 803

Need to get some advice on cleaning up a BB jacket, the BB in-store tailors didn't do it to my liking-

 

Might Cardelino be a reasonable choice for jacket alterations or is PoP better? I'd prefer to use a tailor that would tell me what needed to be done to fix a fit issue, rather than requiring me to indicate, as I'm not exactly sure - basically there are creases in the back that I want to know if can be cleaned up.

 

(I've reviewed this thread over time, I mention Cardelino bc he seems to get pretty good feedback and he is close to me, PoP I am asking about given the most recent and positive feedback, if someone has another suggestion that is great too)

post #659 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesPak View Post

Need to get some advice on cleaning up a BB jacket, the BB in-store tailors didn't do it to my liking-

Might Cardelino be a reasonable choice for jacket alterations or is PoP better? I'd prefer to use a tailor that would tell me what needed to be done to fix a fit issue, rather than requiring me to indicate, as I'm not exactly sure - basically there are creases in the back that I want to know if can be cleaned up.

(I've reviewed this thread over time, I mention Cardelino bc he seems to get pretty good feedback and he is close to me, PoP I am asking about given the most recent and positive feedback, if someone has another suggestion that is great too)

PoP would be great, appropriately proactive. Would be interested to see what BBs folks missed.
post #660 of 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesPak View Post

Need to get some advice on cleaning up a BB jacket, the BB in-store tailors didn't do it to my liking-

Might Cardelino be a reasonable choice for jacket alterations or is PoP better? I'd prefer to use a tailor that would tell me what needed to be done to fix a fit issue, rather than requiring me to indicate, as I'm not exactly sure - basically there are creases in the back that I want to know if can be cleaned up.

(I've reviewed this thread over time, I mention Cardelino bc he seems to get pretty good feedback and he is close to me, PoP I am asking about given the most recent and positive feedback, if someone has another suggestion that is great too)
did you buy it at BB retail full price?

If so, they will alter it as many times as you need to make it perfect.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors