Mr. Chiu cited eye problems as the reason. Sad to hear, but he seems in good spirits.
Related Forum Threads
- BB Friends and Family Sale 25% off... should I wait? Last post on 5/10/11 at 5:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors - Page 42post #616 of 86410/21/12 at 5:39pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #617 of 86410/21/12 at 6:33pmpost #618 of 86410/21/12 at 7:20pmpost #619 of 86410/21/12 at 8:03pmpost #620 of 86410/21/12 at 8:48pm
Was just there Saturday as well, in fact was my first time there, sorry to hear that they may be closing. As my first experience at a true tailor shop (i.e. had only experience with simple alterations at local cleaners) I was happy that he made suggestions about the suit I brought in which were in keeping with what I was going to request. If he were to close, where might you go in the downtown/chinatown area next?post #621 of 86410/30/12 at 4:36pmpost #622 of 86411/1/12 at 12:05pmis the LNC you guys are referring to the one on 83 baxter? i've been looking for a tailor and was going to check out The Tailoring Room in the LES, but LNC is closer to me.
FYI chinatown and the rest of lower manhattan is closed. i was there yesterday and its been the first time i've seen it so desolate.post #623 of 86411/2/12 at 10:51amThat's the LNC. They do quality work and were, at least initially, inexpensive. Now not sure. Brought in three pants, one for hems, one for hems and tapering and one for repair of a torn seam. Price was $50. I think price is still pretty good but not as inexpensive as the first time I brought stuff in.post #624 of 86411/2/12 at 8:33pmpost #625 of 86411/14/12 at 6:42pmpost #626 of 86411/17/12 at 10:51pmpost #627 of 86411/18/12 at 8:34ampost #628 of 86411/18/12 at 10:59ampost #629 of 86411/20/12 at 7:36pmpost #630 of 86411/29/12 at 10:58am
After reading this entire thread front to back in search of a new alterations tailor, I've dropped off an Isaia suit at Cardelino. The one at 174 5th Avenue. I asked the gentleman there if he was Pedro and he said he was. He was kind, helpful, professional and listened to all of my feedback. Since my proportions are what they are, there usually isn't much fitting to do with better OTR Italian brands for me, so he's just adjusting one sleeve, hemming the trousers with cuffs and sewing on the sleeve buttons with non-functional holes. I decided to try him out before I get surgeon's cuffs, though I did feel pretty confident with him right away. The total bill is only $44. $18 for cuffs, $18 for lengthening the one sleeve and $8 for sewing on the buttons. These prices are lower than my last two places.
I'll report back once I pick up my order, but wanted to put it out there that both Pedro and his son (I went to the Bwy-22/23 shop first and he directed me to his "father" on 5th Ave) were really nice and professional.
- The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 58 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 3 minutes ago
- › Video Games 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Repair of Nomos watch taking way too long 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...