Mr. Chiu cited eye problems as the reason. Sad to hear, but he seems in good spirits.
Related Forum Threads
- BB Friends and Family Sale 25% off... should I wait? Last post on 5/10/11 at 5:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors - Page 42post #616 of 86910/21/12 at 5:39pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #617 of 86910/21/12 at 6:33pmpost #618 of 86910/21/12 at 7:20pmpost #619 of 86910/21/12 at 8:03pmpost #620 of 86910/21/12 at 8:48pm
Was just there Saturday as well, in fact was my first time there, sorry to hear that they may be closing. As my first experience at a true tailor shop (i.e. had only experience with simple alterations at local cleaners) I was happy that he made suggestions about the suit I brought in which were in keeping with what I was going to request. If he were to close, where might you go in the downtown/chinatown area next?post #621 of 86910/30/12 at 4:36pmpost #622 of 86911/1/12 at 12:05pmis the LNC you guys are referring to the one on 83 baxter? i've been looking for a tailor and was going to check out The Tailoring Room in the LES, but LNC is closer to me.
FYI chinatown and the rest of lower manhattan is closed. i was there yesterday and its been the first time i've seen it so desolate.post #623 of 86911/2/12 at 10:51amThat's the LNC. They do quality work and were, at least initially, inexpensive. Now not sure. Brought in three pants, one for hems, one for hems and tapering and one for repair of a torn seam. Price was $50. I think price is still pretty good but not as inexpensive as the first time I brought stuff in.post #624 of 86911/2/12 at 8:33pmpost #625 of 86911/14/12 at 6:42pmpost #626 of 86911/17/12 at 10:51pmpost #627 of 86911/18/12 at 8:34ampost #628 of 86911/18/12 at 10:59ampost #629 of 86911/20/12 at 7:36pmpost #630 of 86911/29/12 at 10:58am
After reading this entire thread front to back in search of a new alterations tailor, I've dropped off an Isaia suit at Cardelino. The one at 174 5th Avenue. I asked the gentleman there if he was Pedro and he said he was. He was kind, helpful, professional and listened to all of my feedback. Since my proportions are what they are, there usually isn't much fitting to do with better OTR Italian brands for me, so he's just adjusting one sleeve, hemming the trousers with cuffs and sewing on the sleeve buttons with non-functional holes. I decided to try him out before I get surgeon's cuffs, though I did feel pretty confident with him right away. The total bill is only $44. $18 for cuffs, $18 for lengthening the one sleeve and $8 for sewing on the buttons. These prices are lower than my last two places.
I'll report back once I pick up my order, but wanted to put it out there that both Pedro and his son (I went to the Bwy-22/23 shop first and he directed me to his "father" on 5th Ave) were really nice and professional.
- The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 second ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...