or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors - Page 40

post #586 of 819

The New York Sun had an article where Pierre was reviewed and called "the best bespoke tailor outside of London" and they were correct as far as I can tell and been going ever since. Pierre and his wife run this custom tailoring and alteration shop in a building across from Macy's for over 30 years and do awesome work using old world craftmanship. They are the nicest people and very helpful and miracle workers! They do movie and Broadway and TV productions as well (store full of star's pictures) but are really reasonably priced for everyone.

Pierre Of Paris Custom Tailoring and Alterations 450 7th Avenue Suite 2105 New York, NY 10123 Tel: (212) 947-0316 Open Mondays through Fridays 10:30AM to 8:30PM Call (917) 453-6111 for Saturday availability. https://sites.google.com/site/pierretailoring/ http://pierretailor.blogspot.com/
post #587 of 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpapadoc View Post

The New York Sun had an article where Pierre was reviewed and called "the best bespoke tailor outside of London" and they were correct as far as I can tell and been going ever since. Pierre and his wife run this custom tailoring and alteration shop in a building across from Macy's for over 30 years and do awesome work using old world craftmanship. They are the nicest people and very helpful and miracle workers! They do movie and Broadway and TV productions as well (store full of star's pictures) but are really reasonably priced for everyone.
Pierre Of Paris Custom Tailoring and Alterations 450 7th Avenue Suite 2105 New York, NY 10123 Tel: (212) 947-0316 Open Mondays through Fridays 10:30AM to 8:30PM Call (917) 453-6111 for Saturday availability. https://sites.google.com/site/pierretailoring/ http://pierretailor.blogspot.com/
here is a artical from the NY Sun http://www.nysun.com/style/dapper-in-the-details/45691/

Welcome to the forum!
post #588 of 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Replace working buttonholes? How is that possible? If you are that picky get new suits made.

It is possible to unpick a machined buttonhole and have it redone by hand.
post #589 of 819

Thanks!

post #590 of 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post


It is possible to unpick a machined buttonhole and have it redone by hand.


yes its possible. The tailor i linked above had done this for many years

post #591 of 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpapadoc View Post

The New York Sun had an article where Pierre was reviewed and called "the best bespoke tailor outside of London" and they were correct as far as I can tell and been going ever since. Pierre and his wife run this custom tailoring and alteration shop in a building across from Macy's for over 30 years and do awesome work using old world craftmanship. They are the nicest people and very helpful and miracle workers! They do movie and Broadway and TV productions as well (store full of star's pictures) but are really reasonably priced for everyone.

No affiliation, but they do great work. My wife works in the building and has known them for 10+ years. When I started getting work done on my better suits, I went to them and they did some great work for me.
post #592 of 819

I stumbled across this shop. Unfortunately, the website is in Korean. Does anyone know anything about them?

 

http://www.momotailor.com/customsuit.php

post #593 of 819

I second (or third) this. Took a tuxedo to him last week. He does amazing work. [Pierre]

post #594 of 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post


No affiliation, but they do great work. My wife works in the building and has known them for 10+ years. When I started getting work done on my better suits, I went to them and they did some great work for me.

 

Pierre of Paris that is. Apologies for double post. Thought I quoted the above in the last post. Awesome tailor.

post #595 of 819
Just thought I would add a negative on Stanton.
Does alright work and have used him a number of times but just when in and after measuring to hem 3 pants and waist suppression of a jacket he quotes me 220. Which is ridiculous. I asked him whats up with the pricing and he points to one of the other guys and says he bought the shop and raised the prices. Sounded like BS to me and previous times I was charged different prices for the same job but they were within reason.
Now i need a new tailor for simple work that is reasonable to cheap.
post #596 of 819
Just make sure you get a competent tailor. I recently had some work done at a few places on the LES-SF approved and then I took them to Pierre. He ripped three jackets apart and showed me what kind of work that was done internally-it was a mess.
post #597 of 819

What are Pierre's prices like?

 

I usually just get the sleeves shortened, waste taken in, pants hemmed and possibly tapered a bit.

post #598 of 819
I had the price list at one time. I'll see if I can find it. I get a great deal because of a longstanding relationship.
post #599 of 819

Just in general, is he high end? I don't like blowing more than $150 or so at the tailor on a single suit. This is obviously contingent on how much work I need done, but it's usually pretty standard alterations.

post #600 of 819
Has anyone had sleeve pitch altered in NYC? Any recommendations?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors