I have to give my +1 to Nelson, I think he deserves a spot on the OP if it is still even being updated.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- BB Friends and Family Sale 25% off... should I wait? Last post on 5/10/11 at 5:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors - Page 38post #557 of 96012/8/11 at 12:13pmI've also had a bad experience with L&S. They basically made a shirt of mine unwearable after alterations. In fact, I am trying to find a tailor to fix the denting/dimpling of the sleeve heads of a blazer I own (originally altered by L&S). Funny how the more you browse/view styleforum, the more tweaks you need made! The customer service at L&S is good but overpriced.
I also have had mixed results with George's European Tailor (80th and Lex). He did an OK job shortening sleeves. He really did a poor job on altering a pair of pants for me. He is also kind of rude/short with customers/me. Overpriced in my opinion.
I've had minor alterations done a YW Custom Tailor on 88th and 3rd. She has done a good job shortening sleeves on jackets and coats for me. Very polite service and reasonably cheap prices.
I think I am going to try Alexis on 77th Street per the recommendations of this thread.post #558 of 96012/19/11 at 7:13pm
Has anyone had any experience with either of these places:post #559 of 96012/19/11 at 7:29pm
Has anyone used J. Lucas tailors? A guy in my office has used them before and the suits look nice, but he doesn't know anything or care about the construction of the product. Ie) fully canvassed. I must say, the finished product is impressive, but I'd like to hear from someone more sartorially inclined who has been there before.post #560 of 96012/20/11 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by msart84
Has anyone used J. Lucas tailors? A guy in my office has used them before and the suits look nice, but he doesn't know anything or care about the construction of the product. Ie) fully canvassed. I must say, the finished product is impressive, but I'd like to hear from someone more sartorially inclined who has been there before.
No personal experience, but two pieces of evidence from their website:
1. "Imagine your new tailored suit.....
•Naturally soft, romantic shoulder..."
2. Package deals
Exhibit 1 + 2 = stay away.post #561 of 96012/20/11 at 3:15pm
Does the use of the word romantic bother you in some way? It seems to me that the website is pretty generic, which I don't think makes them a necessarily bad option.
I am a bit skeptical of the package deals and if I did commission something, I wouldn't go that route. I imagine some assembly line of suits being made, with no unique characteristics.
If anyone else has any experience, it would be great to hear.post #562 of 96012/21/11 at 12:02pmQuote:
yes it does - what does it mean? hardly tailor talk...
in general, tailors that offer package deals are best to be avoided.post #563 of 96012/21/11 at 12:05pmpost #564 of 96012/21/11 at 12:39pmpost #565 of 9601/2/12 at 11:37ampost #566 of 9601/3/12 at 9:42ampost #567 of 9601/3/12 at 5:33pmpost #568 of 9601/4/12 at 5:30ampost #569 of 9601/4/12 at 6:27ampost #570 of 9601/8/12 at 5:38am
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sz EU50 NWOT jackets, Sartorio Napoli, Southwick/Loro Piana cashmere 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway