I have to give my +1 to Nelson, I think he deserves a spot on the OP if it is still even being updated.
Related Forum Threads
- BB Friends and Family Sale 25% off... should I wait? Last post on 5/10/11 at 5:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors - Page 38
Styleforum Top Pickspost #557 of 81912/8/11 at 12:13pmI've also had a bad experience with L&S. They basically made a shirt of mine unwearable after alterations. In fact, I am trying to find a tailor to fix the denting/dimpling of the sleeve heads of a blazer I own (originally altered by L&S). Funny how the more you browse/view styleforum, the more tweaks you need made! The customer service at L&S is good but overpriced.
I also have had mixed results with George's European Tailor (80th and Lex). He did an OK job shortening sleeves. He really did a poor job on altering a pair of pants for me. He is also kind of rude/short with customers/me. Overpriced in my opinion.
I've had minor alterations done a YW Custom Tailor on 88th and 3rd. She has done a good job shortening sleeves on jackets and coats for me. Very polite service and reasonably cheap prices.
I think I am going to try Alexis on 77th Street per the recommendations of this thread.post #558 of 81912/19/11 at 7:13pm
Has anyone had any experience with either of these places:post #559 of 81912/19/11 at 7:29pm
Has anyone used J. Lucas tailors? A guy in my office has used them before and the suits look nice, but he doesn't know anything or care about the construction of the product. Ie) fully canvassed. I must say, the finished product is impressive, but I'd like to hear from someone more sartorially inclined who has been there before.post #560 of 81912/20/11 at 11:58amQuote:Originally Posted by msart84
Has anyone used J. Lucas tailors? A guy in my office has used them before and the suits look nice, but he doesn't know anything or care about the construction of the product. Ie) fully canvassed. I must say, the finished product is impressive, but I'd like to hear from someone more sartorially inclined who has been there before.
No personal experience, but two pieces of evidence from their website:
1. "Imagine your new tailored suit.....
•Naturally soft, romantic shoulder..."
2. Package deals
Exhibit 1 + 2 = stay away.post #561 of 81912/20/11 at 3:15pm
Does the use of the word romantic bother you in some way? It seems to me that the website is pretty generic, which I don't think makes them a necessarily bad option.
I am a bit skeptical of the package deals and if I did commission something, I wouldn't go that route. I imagine some assembly line of suits being made, with no unique characteristics.
If anyone else has any experience, it would be great to hear.post #562 of 81912/21/11 at 12:02pmQuote:
yes it does - what does it mean? hardly tailor talk...
in general, tailors that offer package deals are best to be avoided.post #563 of 81912/21/11 at 12:05pmpost #564 of 81912/21/11 at 12:39pmpost #565 of 8191/2/12 at 11:37ampost #566 of 8191/3/12 at 9:42ampost #567 of 8191/3/12 at 5:33pmpost #568 of 8191/4/12 at 5:30ampost #569 of 8191/4/12 at 6:27am
- The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 9 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...