• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suede wingtips

rick

Reaction score
hi everyone i am thinking about suede wingtips but am not sure how to wear them. very casual flant font pants and jeans, or can you dress them up with dress pants or a suit. thanks for the help.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear mine with everything from jeans to cords to flannel trousers. Never with a suit.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that would depend on the suit and the color of the shoes.. I have these:

sat4.jpg

I think I was wearing an olive colored sport coat up top. I think they would also work fine with seersucker or cotton suits, but I am not sure how I would wear them with a wool suit. Maybe if the suit were less formal looking, like a brown or even olive colored wool..

meauounji

Reaction score
I think it also depends on the style/look you're trying to pull off. If you're wearing suede shoes with a suit to a business function, forget it. But if you're going for more of a fashion/club look then I see nothing wrong with pairing it with a suit. Jeans/Slacks/Sportcoat are free game, I think.

NaturalShoulder

Reaction score
I like pairing them with my charcoal trousers. I have worn them with certain suits on days when I have not had meetings. They seem to look better with my flannel suit.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chocolate brown on Lamborghini CEO Stephan Winkelmann

482f557617e80_normal.jpg

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't like it..It reminds me of kenneth Clark the former Tory chancellor of the exchequer famous for wearing his dark brown suede shoes with suits..

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only suede shoe one could pull of with a suit is possibly the dark plain cap.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Don't like it..It reminds me of kenneth Clark the former Tory chancellor of the exchequer famous for wearing his dark brown suede shoes with suits..

Brown suede with a suit is classic- dating back several decades.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
The only suede shoe one could pull of with a suit is possibly the dark plain cap.
I wear all sorts of suede shoes, including wingtips, with a suit. Seems normal, and not about "pulling it off."

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I wear all sorts of suede shoes, including wingtips, with a suit. Seems normal, and not about "pulling it off."

Have you considered the possibility that you are not pulling it off?
stirpot.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I don't have any suede wingtips but now I want some.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of suede longwings that I like a lot. I've never worn them with suits, but I do think suede shoes can look great with suits. This time of year I prefer suede in lighter colors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads