or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Altering pleated to flat front pants
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Altering pleated to flat front pants - Page 3

post #31 of 44
How exactly is this alteration performed? I expect it must entail completely reconstructing either the fly or the front pockets, or both?
post #32 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptolbert View Post
Well, if it is a nice suit, ie really nice OTR (an oxymoron of course), most of them come with pleats, and some people just dont work well with pleats.
Which people are those again? It couldn't be fat guys, or thin guys, or tall guys, or short guys. Perfectly average guys?
post #33 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Alexandre, how does one alter trousers to a skirt, or as we know it today, the single leg trouser?

As you know, seams are for the low brow.

Thank you.


- B

French cuffed trousers; your thoughts?
post #34 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Alexandre, how does one alter trousers to a skirt, or as we know it today, the single leg trouser?

As you know, seams are for the low brow.

Thank you.


- B

single leg trousers are for those who are single minded about pleats.
post #35 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Is it possible to convert single vent pants to double vent pants? - B
sorry but it can only be done with a center back vent.
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by a tailor View Post
single leg trousers are for those who are single minded about pleats.

What are your thoughts on pleated plackets?


- B
post #37 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCorso View Post
French cuffed trousers; your thoughts?

I would consider cocktail cuffed trousers instead.

- B
post #38 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
What are your thoughts on pleated plackets?


- B

very confused thoughts.
post #39 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I would consider cocktail cuffed trousers instead.

- B

the french have no taste when it comes to cocktails.
post #40 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by a tailor View Post
the french have no taste when it comes to cocktails.

I think there was someone recently on AAAC who converted a pair of RTW pants into his version of a fishtail back by simply cutting the seam of the seat down a few inches.

I bet you never thought of that.


- B
post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I think there was someone recently on AAAC who converted a pair of RTW pants into his version of a fishtail back by simply cutting the seam of the seat down a few inches.

I bet you never thought of that.


- B

wouldnt think of what???
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I think there was someone recently on AAAC who converted a pair of RTW pants into his version of a fishtail back by simply cutting the seam of the seat down a few inches.

I bet you never thought of that.


- B


Like Yoda says, there's no trying, there's just doing.

I didn't even have to think of it. I just did it.

I'm a sartorial Jedi.

With really wierd pants.
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo#4 View Post

I realize this has been discussed before, but I'm wondering how simple it would be to alter a pleated pant to a flat front one. I recently had a tailor tell me it was possible, but I can't imagine it would be easy.

The only easy way I can think of is if the pants are single pleated and the tailor just took the pleat and folded it into itself to make a dart.

Thoughts?

This begs the most obvious question of all time ever since the universe came into existence: why don't you just buy some new flat-front pants instead??
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitMyself View Post
This begs the most obvious question of all time ever since the universe came into existence: why don't you just buy some new flat-front pants instead??

It makes sense if the trousers are part of a suit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Altering pleated to flat front pants