• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Entourage

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If so, what do you think about it?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Once in a while. Ari is probably my favorite character on the show cause he's such an asshole.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Great show. each character is unique in his own way and Piven is fantastic as Ari. the occasional T&A they throw in is a bonus too.

"let's hug it out *****"

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
I'm a big fan; love the insider-ish L.A. references. Last nite's episode was great, particularly the parts at the Playboy mansion.

Jeremy Piven's Ari is dead-on--a pleasure to watch.

The best episode last season was the one featuring the director of Queens Boulevard. Hilarious--and it looks like that character's coming back in the next episode.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is a great show also. It's one of my favorite shows. Ari is definitely my favorite character. The first season is out on DVD just in case you didn't already know.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Season 3 question:

- that bald friend that just got out of prison...he was on for a couple episodes and then suddenly he was gone like he never existed. Did I miss something (and I've seen all the episodes this season so far)...not that I do, because that character was annoying and I'm glad he's gone. Maybe the show got so much hate mail on him that they just pretended he never existed?

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Season 3 question:

- that bald friend that just got out of prison...he was on for a couple episodes and then suddenly he was gone like he never existed. Did I miss something (and I've seen all the episodes this season so far)...not that I do, because that character was annoying and I'm glad he's gone. Maybe the show got so much hate mail on him that they just pretended he never existed?

He went to a party at a producer's house with the rest of the gang. The producer was putting together a movie Vince wanted to star in. The bald guy actually wowed the producer (played by Bruno Kirby) with a story about Vince, but also stole the producer's one-of-a-kind Shrek doll. He then lied about taking it when confronted (the producer and everyone else suspected him because of his past problems with the law). Everyone eventually finds out that he took it, and it is implied that Vince fires him. The gang returns the doll anonymously by wrapping it in bubble wrap and throwing it over the gate at the front of the producer's home.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
right, saw all that...i guess they just skipped the part where they officially say "laterz" to that guy

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I couldn't stand Dom... it was just sort of implied.

I think Drama is getting a lot funnier now. I'm excited to see how Ari's new agency is going to do, and whether or not he'll be able to work with Marcus Brutus.

Stax

Reaction score
I can't wait for the Vegas episode!

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
right, saw all that...i guess they just skipped the part where they officially say "laterz" to that guy

They talked about it in the car on the way to return the doll...

After Dom admitted he had the doll but said they couldn't give it back or they'd get into trouble... Turtle says he has a plan.

The next scene is in the car, Turtle is back driving and Vince turns to the back seat and says to Drama and E, "Admit it, you kind of miss him" and both Drama and E say "No". Turtle then comments that Vince gave Dom an apartment and the Hummer so it was a pretty good severance package.

It wasn't about people liking or not liking Dom. He was only scheduled for those few episodes, and it allowed them to get rid of the H2 (as they had earlier gotten rid of the Maserati by giving it to the high school kids - and already replaced it with the Mercedes) which is a good set up for the next episode where Vince buys everyone their own Aston Martin.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched an episode here and there....frankly it disgusts me. These are the people who are trying to tell the rest of the country what to think and how to vote? bah! Yay Hollywood, I laugh at you as your ticket sales steadily decline.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
I watched an episode here and there....frankly it disgusts me. These are the people who are trying to tell the rest of the country what to think and how to vote? bah! Yay Hollywood, I laugh at you as your ticket sales steadily decline.

And I'm sure they tremble as the mighty javyn, the cynical, psychotic menopausal maniac goes on another nonsensical editorial which no one cares about.

Are you this smug about everything? It's simple entertainment. Some kids going to parties, ********** with hot girls, some expensive toys, and enjoying mountains of money and the comedic stylings of Ari Gold. Get over it. In fact, wrap a plastic bag around your head. It seems every time you post you're very angry about something.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that HBO seems to recycle its actors? For example, Dom from Entourage plays on The Wire. Allen (from the studio) on Entourage also played on the wire. One of Ari's agents that was in the staff meeting in last week's episode was in an episode in the Krazee Eyez Killah episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
They talked about it in the car on the way to return the doll...

After Dom admitted he had the doll but said they couldn't give it back or they'd get into trouble... Turtle says he has a plan.

The next scene is in the car, Turtle is back driving and Vince turns to the back seat and says to Drama and E, "Admit it, you kind of miss him" and both Drama and E say "No". Turtle then comments that Vince gave Dom an apartment and the Hummer so it was a pretty good severance package.

It wasn't about people liking or not liking Dom. He was only scheduled for those few episodes, and it allowed them to get rid of the H2 (as they had earlier gotten rid of the Maserati by giving it to the high school kids - and already replaced it with the Mercedes) which is a good set up for the next episode where Vince buys everyone their own Aston Martin.

ahh...ok, now I recall that..totally didnt register when I saw it. The fog has finally lifted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads