or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Entourage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Entourage - Page 5

post #61 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post
At the risk of hijacking....strange. I found Deadwood to be incredibly riveting. Then again, an economics major watching an economic themed western...big surprise there.

+1. Last I heard they were making what would have been the final two seasons into films.
post #62 of 772
Yeah that's not going to happen, HBO was blowing smoke up our asses. They destroyed the set last year and then Ian McShane pretty much said 'don't hold your breath, nothing's going to happen here'.
post #63 of 772
Were the ratings that bad?
post #64 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
Were the ratings that bad?

Ratings were fine. Costs were extreme. Same for Rome.
post #65 of 772
Yeah. IMO they pulled the plug way too early, just like with Carnivale and Rome. They have been looking for another insta-hit show like the Sopranos, so if it didn't catch on like wildfire immediately it got canned. Too bad.

HBO has gotten to be as bad as Fox for canceling good shit and keeping idiocy on the air. I still can't believe HBO turned away Arrested Development because it was "too secular" for their audience.
post #66 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post
Yeah. IMO they pulled the plug way too early, just like with Carnivale and Rome. They have been looking for another insta-hit show like the Sopranos, so if it didn't catch on like wildfire immediately it got canned. Too bad.

HBO has gotten to be as bad as Fox for canceling good shit and keeping idiocy on the air. I still can't believe HBO turned away Arrested Development because it was "too secular" for their audience.

Show me your secular world, Michael. Take me into your secular world now!
post #67 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by javyn View Post
Yeah. IMO they pulled the plug way too early, just like with Carnivale and Rome. They have been looking for another insta-hit show like the Sopranos, so if it didn't catch on like wildfire immediately it got canned. Too bad. HBO has gotten to be as bad as Fox for canceling good shit and keeping idiocy on the air. I still can't believe HBO turned away Arrested Development because it was "too secular" for their audience.
HBO wasn't quite as bone headed as Fox with their decisions. A friend of a friend works for HBO and was a part of Deadwood, and the story they were told is that it got pulled due to production costs and thats about it. HBO didn't want to compromise the integrity of the series and the network by cutting costs and continuing on with a lesser product. Same for Rome. Rome was able to learn from this mess and integrate the end of the series into the story. Deadwood, unfortunately, couldn't.
post #68 of 772
Yes I was very happy that they at least finished the story in Rome. Anyway, Entourage fans, don't get too complacent. HBO doesn't need much of a reason to pull the plug on a good show to replace it with a shitty one....like Extras or The Comeback.
post #69 of 772
Actually The Comeback (the Lisa Kudrow show?) was growing on me when they cancelled it.
post #70 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Vince, really? I'd say that Ari, Drama and Lloyd are awesome, in that order.

My boss and I love Entourage, and he told me that many of us guys:

1. Know we can't be Vince,

2. aspire to be Ari and

3. think we are E

but in reality most of us are in reality either Drama (clueless egotists) or Turtle (ordinary working stiffs).
post #71 of 772
UGH! I can see someone saying they liked Extras, because Ricky Gervais is rather funny, I'll give them that....but The Comback...good god man what's wrong with you lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
Actually The Comeback (the Lisa Kudrow show?) was growing on me when they cancelled it.
post #72 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ld111134 View Post
My boss and I love Entourage, and he told me that many of us guys:

1. Know we can't be Vince,

2. aspire to be Ari and

3. think we are E

but in reality most of us are in reality either Drama (clueless egotists) or Turtle (ordinary working stiffs).

Interesting analysis, and probably more true than many guys would like to admit.

BTW, this has been one of my Tivo Season Passes from Epsiode One. Looking forward to the new season.
post #73 of 772
I also found Deadwood superb and to a lesser extent Rome. TV has sucked lately for the most part and it is almost painful to think about these stellar shows...
post #74 of 772
Yeah Deadwood is probably the most well written show to come out in a long, long while. Funny how the dialogue can be so intelligent even though every adjective is "cocksucking" or "motherfucking".
post #75 of 772
Love Entourage, it's depressing that the writer's strike pushed season 5 back until this September!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Entourage