or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Entourage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Entourage - Page 21

post #301 of 772
i have Sloane crush
post #302 of 772
Sloane is back?

Now I can't wait to see this week's. Don't tell me Seth Green is the guys she dumped E for. The idea of her being with Kevin Connelly was strange enough.
post #303 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T View Post
i have Sloane crush

As you rightly should. She was smoking hot in that dress she wore. Even the girls who were at our Entourage viewing were commenting that she's "Waaaaaay to hot for E".
post #304 of 772
Good episode but it had that "filler" vibe. Could just be a build-up to final two episodes though. Good stuff: - Sloane's appearance. Always a pleasure - The Wii scene, although dated, was funny. I could relate when I first tried the system out. - Ari crashing the benefit - Oh, and his daughter looks really cool. It's been a while.
post #305 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
Good episode but it had that "filler" vibe. Could just be a build-up to final two episodes though.

Good stuff:
- Sloane's appearance. Always a pleasure
- The Wii scene, although dated, was funny. I could relate when I first tried the system out.
- Ari crashing the benefit
- Oh, and his daughter looks really cool. It's been a while.

I actually thought that, by far, the most interesting part of the episode was the development of Vince's role in Smoke Jumpers. Actually, the most interesting part was the snippet of next week's episode where the director disses him. I genuinely feel queasy about the whole situation - which is welcome after a relatively flat and uneventful emotional experience for the viewer throughout the first X episodes of Season 5.
post #306 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
I actually thought that, by far, the most interesting part of the episode was the development of Vince's role in Smoke Jumpers. Actually, the most interesting part was the snippet of next week's episode where the director disses him. I genuinely feel queasy about the whole situation - which is welcome after a relatively flat and uneventful emotional experience for the viewer throughout the first X episodes of Season 5.

That's a great point. It's the first time we've seen Vince really challenged as far as advancing his acting skills. It's good for him to get a wake up call like that, especially since he really needs to transform himself after his last debacle. I'm still on the fence regarding the Herr Director and if he truly concerned about Vince progressing or only looking out for the film (his own neck). Could be a combination of both...
post #307 of 772
I suppose I forgot to add the scene where Vince and the director are discussing the movie in the screening room. The director's criticisms sound legit enough but it just comes off quirky. Puzzling stuff indeed.
post #308 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
I actually thought that, by far, the most interesting part of the episode was the development of Vince's role in Smoke Jumpers. Actually, the most interesting part was the snippet of next week's episode where the director disses him. I genuinely feel queasy about the whole situation - which is welcome after a relatively flat and uneventful emotional experience for the viewer throughout the first X episodes of Season 5.

I haven't seen the new one but this is exactly how I felt about the first episode where Vince was on set. There was actual dramatic content in seasons 1 & 2 to go along with all of the male fantasy gloss, but in the last couple of seasons I really couldn't care less about Vince's career. It's nice to have them actually show something real about in the industry beyond Ari running around making phone calls to studio personnel that he's slept with or director/actor cameos.
post #309 of 772
Count me as a fan of this season. After a few years of Vince as Master of Hollywood it's good to see him back on his heels, struggling to fulfill the promise that he originally had. Whether Herr Director is screwing up Vince or not is something I'm interested in seeing.

Also, I like the fact that we're seeing different sides of Ari -- though his performance at the women's banquet was classic -- not to mention hilarious.
post #310 of 772
God damn Ari is awesome. The banquet scene was too funny.
post #311 of 772
I can't get over how bad of an actor Vince is. This is his range: -> |
post #312 of 772
Well, Ari did tell Vince he didn't think he was a great actor. Maybe that's the whole point of the show. Vince is a great celebrity not a great actor. His entourage for years gave him the impression he was hot shit and now he is coming to understand that his hype is gone and now he actually has to try to work at it.
post #313 of 772
I'd really like to watch Queens Blvd. though. That actually looked half-decent.
post #314 of 772
I wonder how good an actor Adrian Grenier is in real life. I haven't really seen much of his work outside Entourage, except Devil Wears Prada, and he didn't really leave an impression there.
post #315 of 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroStyles View Post
I wonder how good an actor Adrian Grenier is in real life. I haven't really seen much of his work outside Entourage, except Devil Wears Prada, and he didn't really leave an impression there.

He is brilliant in playing himself. ....Which is usually the case with old ,worn out actors like DeNiro or AlPacino. But they have reached that stage after actually having done something noteworthy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Entourage