or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) - Page 97

post #1441 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnyc View Post

Took this one out for a spin today. 60 miles with a few stops for photos smile.gif. Sweet pics! (Click to show)









Sweet ride, definite euro-points there!! What are the wheels, r-sys premium?
post #1442 of 1822
Very nice indeed! Weight?
post #1443 of 1822
Thanks! They're Ksyrium SLR wheels. All super record components. Weight? I dunno...16lbs or so.
post #1444 of 1822
For anyone who likes Crank Brothers pedals, they are currently running a deal with CX magazine where you can trade in a pair of clipless peals and get a new Crank Brothers (the 3 level) pair for $60. Find a pair on Craigslist for $20 and trade them in to save $60? Could be a good deal. I found the deal on CX Magazine's FB page.

I have no experience with Crank Brothers except for one day's ride on a friend's bike. So you takes your risks.

edit: the link: http://www.crankbrothers.com/rt_ticket_add.php


b
post #1445 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssnyc View Post

Thanks! They're Ksyrium SLR wheels. All super record components. Weight? I dunno...16lbs or so.

Would guess it'd be less, my old CAAD8 with 105/ultegra, Dura-Ace wheels weighs less than that.
post #1446 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Would guess it'd be less, my old CAAD8 with 105/ultegra, Dura-Ace wheels weighs less than that.

Agreed. I'd think that frame weighs closer to 15.3 - 15.5 lbs.
post #1447 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Would guess it'd be less, my old CAAD8 with 105/ultegra, Dura-Ace wheels weighs less than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

Agreed. I'd think that frame weighs closer to 15.3 - 15.5 lbs.

the bike's frame is a Cinelli XCr - made of steel... stainless steel. 16lbs is an awesome weight for a steel framed bike.

its an awesome bike as well.

edit: i just looked up the claimed frame weight of a medium XCr... its supposedly 1450g.... but I always take the italian claims of weight with a grain of salt.
post #1448 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

the bike's frame is a Cinelli XCr - made of steel... stainless steel. 16lbs is an awesome weight for a steel framed bike.
its an awesome bike as well.
edit: i just looked up the claimed frame weight of a medium XCr... its supposedly 1450g.... but I always take the italian claims of weight with a grain of salt.

I thought it was polished Ti or something. 1450 for a steel frame is INCREDIBLY light. Most normal CF frames come in around 1100 or so, it seems.
post #1449 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

I thought it was polished Ti or something. 1450 for a steel frame is INCREDIBLY light. Most normal CF frames come in around 1100 or so, it seems.

1450 for a 48 cm frame maybe, Still an awesome frame and I loves me some steel.
post #1450 of 1822
been noticing more people riding fat bikes...

post #1451 of 1822
My former coworker in Denver had a Surly Pugsly. I think it had 4 inch tires. Great snow or sand bike. My Surly Long Haul Trucker can handle some pretty wide tires but I'm fine running Schwalbe Marathon 1.75 inch tires with fenders.
post #1452 of 1822


Not my build - Chinese carbon, MC053, Scott Foil clone

http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/xiaolongbao-6193
post #1453 of 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

been noticing more people riding fat bikes...

I've ridden one around a bit on some frozenish sand (that I had just been riding on with my CX bike and having to work really hard) and some big rocks/grass and it was pretty awesome. My impression was that you don't actually go all that fast since you have to spin so much wheel and tire, but it feels quick since it just goes where you point it and rolls over everything without effort.

Now that everybody has "sustainable" trails that can't be too steep or ridden on in too bad conditions, a single speed pugsley is really all you need--especially as a great winter bike.
post #1454 of 1822

My little baby! New this season. Got my position tuned in and will slam my stem and cut my steerer. Don't mind the crappy instgram pic

 

post #1455 of 1822
Guess what's finally built and picked up today??

f7e523f4e920daa4217ba50870c1b833.jpg


biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn)