or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) - Page 89

post #1321 of 1758
Here is my baby:

263

She is a mid-80's Eddy Merckx. Late 90's dura-ace build for the most part.
Edited by Biscotti - 6/12/12 at 4:23pm
post #1322 of 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

Here is my baby:
263
She is a mid-80's Eddy Merckx. Late 90's dura-ace build for the most part.

Is that a uni-crown fork? Hard to tell from the pic.
post #1323 of 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Second bike is better..
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

To Joffrey: That Trek easily is the better bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

yeah...that Trek is a nice looking bike, and will be so much better quality


And I've been totally outvoted. You should listen to them and not me. smile.gif They actually have good reasons.


b
post #1324 of 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Is that a uni-crown fork? Hard to tell from the pic.

Yes indeed, I had it made by Vicious Cycles awhile ago.
post #1325 of 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

Yes indeed, I had it made by Vicious Cycles awhile ago.

abomination!nest.gif
post #1326 of 1758
Think I am going with silver campy Veloce (or maybe Athena...but...11sp? really?) on my CX bike now.

Brakes will probably be shimano cx70 or tektro mini-v (both with the logos acetone'd off). Veloce is pretty inexpensive and everything seems great about it. It might weigh a bit more...but I am not overly concerned about weight.

Still have to decide on a fork...may end up with steel if I can't find anything besides high-end carbon that would flow with the bike.
post #1327 of 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

abomination!nest.gif

lool....why?
post #1328 of 1758
Thanks for all the answers. I'm scheduling viewings this weekend. Haven't heard back from the Trek's owner but will see this one on Sunday.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/bik/3069853182.html

What do you think? Frame is 55 cm or 21" which seems a little large.
post #1329 of 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

lool....why?

Just a personal opinion, classic steel frame should have lugged forks. Also looks like you have one of those abominable threaded to thread-less stem adapters, and some kind of adjustable stem, makes my eyes bleed.
post #1330 of 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Just a personal opinion, classic steel frame should have lugged forks. Also looks like you have one of those abominable threaded to thread-less stem adapters, and some kind of adjustable stem, makes my eyes bleed.

I agree in some respects; however, bikes are to be ridden and I was able to get this fork for a great deal, fits the frame well...and I really like the guys over at Vicious.

That is a spacer on the top of the stem.
post #1331 of 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Thanks for all the answers. I'm scheduling viewings this weekend. Haven't heard back from the Trek's owner but will see this one on Sunday.
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/bik/3069853182.html
What do you think? Frame is 55 cm or 21" which seems a little large.

Basically made of gas pipe, well not that bad but not worth $200.
post #1332 of 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

I agree in some respects; however, bikes are to be ridden and I was able to get this fork for a great deal, fits the frame well...and I really like the guys over at Vicious.
That is a spacer on the top of the stem.

Sure. So it's a thread-less stem?
post #1333 of 1758
Yup. Thomson one.
post #1334 of 1758

234

 

she's my steed: 80's Velos with old school Shimano 600! I've changed the seat to a honey Brooks B17 Champion Flyer (spring loaded). she's a dream to ride. 

post #1335 of 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
350x234px-LL-4345d31f_7248433894_3436a13f5c_b.jpeg

she's my steed: 80's Velos with old school Shimano 600! I've changed the seat to a honey Brooks B17 Champion Flyer (spring loaded). she's a dream to ride. 

^nice!!! (i'd like to get my bike into its original specs: actually the shimano 600 STIs you have on your bike).

here's the latest itineration of my Bridgestone RB-1. I found a huge 62cm RB-1 frame that had a fork totally rusted. The fork was salvagable - i had it powder blasted and re-painted, found a place that sells proper vintage decals, and turned it into a proper threadless fork conversion. The frame was in good shape - it sold quickly here in NYC.

here's the vintage decal shop: VELOCALS

new: headset (cane creek 100 classic), thomson masterpiece setback seatpost (ugly, but needed a setback post).


7317345892_f3d9a59962_z.jpg

7317345022_eb66df4d05_c.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn)