or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... - Page 132

post #1966 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

@ajchen will those chairs ever be available in a production model? I have long desired one and that would be perfect for our new home

For many reasons, they will not be in production for general availability. We really pushed for it but the nature of the leather has Herman Miller concerned that customers will complain about it. All the leathers they offer have been extensively tested and they have stringent requirements for them. Of course, the beauty of this makeup is how much it will change but I can understand their commitment to their brand. It's too bad that there won't be more out there, but we are still very thankful for the opportunity.

If you're really into the idea, you can always track down a vintage set with damaged leather (you should be able to get it on the cheap) and then have it reupholstered. I can find out some authorized Herman Miller restoration folks for you if that's a path you want to take.

Thanks for the kind words!
Edited by ajchen - 12/10/15 at 8:20am
post #1967 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajchen View Post


For many reasons, they will not be in production for general availability. I really pushed for it but the nature of the leather has Herman Miller concerned that customers will complain about it. All the leathers they offer have been extensively tested and they have stringent requirements for them. Of course, the beauty of this makeup is how much it will change but I can understand their commitment to their brand. It's too bad that there won't be more out there, but we are still very thankful for the opportunity.

If you're really into the idea, you can always track down a vintage set with damaged leather (you should be able to get it on the cheap) and then have it reupholstered. I can find out some authorized Herman Miller restoration folks for you if that's a path you want to take.

Thanks for the kind words!


That is a shame for sure. I completely understand, and respect, their viewpoint. bUt for those of us willing to take that journey its too bad. I could imagine a pre-order done through you guys with an accompanying waiver to be signed related to wear of the leather or something. I understand it not going for sale to the general public but instead some specialized run. That may very well not fit within their model though.

I will reach out to you if thats ok as that is definitely a path I would like to pursue. We are currently building a new home set on some conservation land and this would make the perfect bedroom chair to listen tot some headphones and get lost staring at the trees :D

post #1968 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


That is a shame for sure. I completely understand, and respect, their viewpoint. bUt for those of us willing to take that journey its too bad. I could imagine a pre-order done through you guys with an accompanying waiver to be signed related to wear of the leather or something. I understand it not going for sale to the general public but instead some specialized run. That may very well not fit within their model though.
I will reach out to you if thats ok as that is definitely a path I would like to pursue. We are currently building a new home set on some conservation land and this would make the perfect bedroom chair to listen tot some headphones and get lost staring at the trees biggrin.gif

That's exactly how this chair should be used. Please reach out to me directly whenever you're ready, I'll help out in any way that I can!
post #1969 of 2123

does anyone know if the DSPTCH x 3sixteen Daypack's are waterproof?

post #1970 of 2123

The new shirts are pretty nice

post #1971 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd View Post
 

The stadium jacket always goes sold out very quickly, the should produce more and maybe more colors.

 

Is the stadium a winter jacket? 

post #1972 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkd80 View Post
 

does anyone know if the DSPTCH x 3sixteen Daypack's are waterproof?


They're waxed, so i would say yes.

post #1973 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd View Post

The new shirts are pretty nice

agreed. I'm wearing my crosscut flannel today and the quality is amazing. it's super warm too which is perfect for these aweful Midwest winters.
post #1974 of 2123

I'm torn between what color to get in the 3sixteen stadium jacket. Can't decide if I should go with the olive or tan. Any suggestions? Thanks

post #1975 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by berq97 View Post
 

I'm torn between what color to get in the 3sixteen stadium jacket. Can't decide if I should go with the olive or tan. Any suggestions? Thanks


I have the tan and love it, but that was before the olive version was released again this season. I really like both. Flip a coin.

post #1976 of 2123
Can type 3s owners chime in. I had the jacket in a large and it fit good with a tee but was pretty smug with some layering. I exchanged it for an XL and it fits great with layers but is big with a tee. I guess I'm wondering if it will shrink with a warm or hot soak so get it to be a L/XL or will the large stretch with wear?

Here's a pic with the XL. I'm wearing the ISC shirt and a long sleeve under that.

post #1977 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by berq97 View Post

I'm torn between what color to get in the 3sixteen stadium jacket. Can't decide if I should go with the olive or tan. Any suggestions? Thanks

Olive
post #1978 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit402 View Post

Can type 3s owners chime in. I had the jacket in a large and it fit good with a tee but was pretty smug with some layering. I exchanged it for an XL and it fits great with layers but is big with a tee. I guess I'm wondering if it will shrink with a warm or hot soak so get it to be a L/XL or will the large stretch with wear?

Here's a pic with the XL. I'm wearing the ISC shirt and a long sleeve under that.

[/quote

I don't own this jacket but my understanding was that you should size up. What's your height/weight? When I look at your pic the sleeve length looks a little long which creates added wrinkling of the fabric. The shoulders seem kinda boxy on your frame too. the length looks good though. My guess is a warm/hot soak will shrink the fabric a little. I think these type3's are intended to be fitted, no?
post #1979 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit402 View Post

Can type 3s owners chime in. I had the jacket in a large and it fit good with a tee but was pretty smug with some layering. I exchanged it for an XL and it fits great with layers but is big with a tee. I guess I'm wondering if it will shrink with a warm or hot soak so get it to be a L/XL or will the large stretch with wear?

Here's a pic with the XL. I'm wearing the ISC shirt and a long sleeve under that.

[/quote

I don't own this jacket but my understanding was that you should size up. What's your height/weight? When I look at your pic the sleeve length looks a little long which creates added wrinkling of the fabric. The shoulders seem kinda boxy on your frame too. the length looks good though. My guess is a warm/hot soak will shrink the fabric a little. I think these type3's are intended to be fitted, no?

Yea...I sized up 2 actually. I usually wear medium in 3sixteen shirts. I had the the jacket in large and think I wasn't used to it being a little snug with layering, but I should've stuck with it. Dammit.

If anyone is interested in this XL let me know. Worn just this one time in the pic.
post #1980 of 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit402 View Post

Yea...I sized up 2 actually. I usually wear medium in 3sixteen shirts. I had the the jacket in large and think I wasn't used to it being a little snug with layering, but I should've stuck with it. Dammit.

If anyone is interested in this XL let me know. Worn just this one time in the pic.

don't get me wrong, if you're comfortable with the fit then you should keep it, but if not then it's an easy flip. I can't offer any advice on soaking the jacket for further shrinkage but i'm sure someone can chime in. I think it's really up to you what use you want out of the jacket. I've never viewed 3sixteen's type3 as the layering type. That is, they're perfect with just a tee or button up underneath but not with a hoody, unless that's what you're going for.

I've debated on picking this jacket up myself. I wear a large in the crosscut flannel and would be an xl in the type3, unfortunately, my funds are being diverted to other denim purchases.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...