or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... - Page 99

post #1471 of 1730
So I got a pair of 12BSP at the sample sale and I noticed the selvedge is kind of messed up on one leg. http://imgur.com/a/BThJO First pic is of the messed up leg, second pic is of the other leg. They said sample sale items are final sale, but I'm pretty bummed about this. Do you think this is worthy of an exchange?
post #1472 of 1730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Here are the pics, these are not normal fades. Basically white streaks, and there was no bleach or white/lite colors in the washer.



I bought a pair of gray 3sixteens through B&S early this year and the guy had just washed them and the same thing had happened, though a little differently.






I washed them myself to see if it was detergent or something, but it didn't come out. Then it got weirder: I dyed them but you could still see the streaks through the dye job. I posted about it in the DIY thread.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/235763/the-official-and-awesome-diy-thread/795#post_6188308
post #1473 of 1730

yep, the guys called mythbusters on all the ocean washing, never washing garbage. just wear them and when you need to wash them, turn them inside out. 

post #1474 of 1730
Quote:
Originally Posted by supduck View Post

So I got a pair of 12BSP at the sample sale and I noticed the selvedge is kind of messed up on one leg. http://imgur.com/a/BThJO First pic is of the messed up leg, second pic is of the other leg. They said sample sale items are final sale, but I'm pretty bummed about this. Do you think this is worthy of an exchange?

Hey - this is an easy fix. You can bring it to any tailor and they can open the selvedge back up and rehem the jeans. Sorry about that, but all sales were indeed final and there are no exchanges. The good news is that you got a pair of $250 jeans for more than 50% off and it's just a $5 fix at most. Thanks for the support and enjoy the jeans.
post #1475 of 1730
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL77 View Post

We're looking at Mid-June for our next delivery of Shadow Selvedge. What cut and size are you looking for? We can try to help you track one down.

Thanks for the help. I'm looking for some SL-120x in size 32, but I can/should probably wait until the restock. I ripped my trusty KMW 1980s this weekend and in a grief stricken state, ordered some Momotaros.
post #1476 of 1730
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoonest View Post

also, what temperature water did you wash them in? i have seen this with black pants when it's washed in the machine, not inside, on a more aggressive cycle in warm/hot water. 

Washed it on cold
post #1477 of 1730
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg View Post

I bought a pair of gray 3sixteens through B&S early this year and the guy had just washed them and the same thing had happened, though a little differently.






I washed them myself to see if it was detergent or something, but it didn't come out. Then it got weirder: I dyed them but you could still see the streaks through the dye job. I posted about it in the DIY thread.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/235763/the-official-and-awesome-diy-thread/795#post_6188308

Yup, same thing.

Bummer looks like I fucked them up not washing inside out.

$230 wasted. Live and learn.
post #1478 of 1730
i wouldn't call it wasted; i'd call it a diy opportunity. bleach 'em a little and see what happens, or if it's not that noticeable from afar, just wear 'em anyway
post #1479 of 1730
i just got in my 3sixteen st-120x that i actually bought at retail nobody messaged me to get a proxy for sample sale. i can say at retail or even a small discount these seem worth the money. i support made in usa and so far i would say for made in usa denim these are excellent.

i have owned samurai, pure blue japan, studio d'artisan, apc, kapital, and iron heart. its hard to find a nice fitting quality pair of denim with a higher rise which i like.

i just wished they would have left the back pocket patch natural leather and the back pockets are a bit big for a size 28 creating the illusion that my butt is fabulous when i in reality have no butt? but maybe that was the intended design idea.

now i used to own pure blue japan 007 which most people know the color is excellent so are the fades but the FIT is BALLS you have to size those things to the thighs and nothing else. the fit on these are exactly what i was expecting very good icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif color is beautiful, i just hope these fade really nice i haven't seen a lot of evolution for fades for these for some reason or the straight leg version.

now if i could find a good shirt brand for made in the usa i'd be set.
post #1480 of 1730
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

i just got in my 3sixteen st-120x that i actually bought at retail nobody messaged me to get a proxy for sample sale. i can say at retail or even a small discount these seem worth the money. i support made in usa and so far i would say for made in usa denim these are excellent.

i have owned samurai, pure blue japan, studio d'artisan, apc, kapital, and iron heart. its hard to find a nice fitting quality pair of denim with a higher rise which i like.

i just wished they would have left the back pocket patch natural leather and the back pockets are a bit big for a size 28 creating the illusion that my butt is fabulous when i in reality have no butt? but maybe that was the intended design idea.

now i used to own pure blue japan 007 which most people know the color is excellent so are the fades but the FIT is BALLS you have to size those things to the thighs and nothing else. the fit on these are exactly what i was expecting very good icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif color is beautiful, i just hope these fade really nice i haven't seen a lot of evolution for fades for these for some reason or the straight leg version.

now if i could find a good shirt brand for made in the usa i'd be set.

SL-120x fades:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/116057/3sixteen-denim-series-bracelets-shirts/1320

post #1481 of 1730
jil i saw that one already little off topic but that guys pair the straight leg version but it looks like slim taper on him.... i bought slim taper and it looks like straight legs on me.... lmao

back pockets also clearly show too big for that mans back side.
post #1482 of 1730
those uneven streaks look fucking awesome. what is wrong with you people?
post #1483 of 1730

anyone got some pics of st-211s?

post #1484 of 1730

Hi guys,

 

I'd like some help for a fellow denim newbie like myself. 

 

I've owned/worn a pair of Unbranded UB101 (Skinny Cut) for a year now and it's definitely got me hooked on raw denim. I'm in the market for another pair in a similar cut and have been reading that 3sixteen is pretty good. 

 

I wear a size 31 in Unbranded UB101 and it fits pretty well. Thighs and legs aren't too tight. Only thing that I'd like is for the legs to taper a bit more. According to BlueOwl measurements, I'm a size 30 for the ST-100x, which is consistent with what I've read about sizing (size 1 down). Since BlueOwl offers hemming for free when you purchase a new pair, I'd like to take advantage of that offer and get the sizing right the first time. 

 

Before I pull the trigger, I have a couple of questions:

- Has anyone made the jump from Unbranded UB101 to 3sixteen ST-100x?

- If so, did sizing down 1 work well?

- How much do these stretch in the thighs, legs, and waist (if any)?

 

Thanks for any feedback.

post #1485 of 1730
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydrew View Post

Hi guys,

I'd like some help for a fellow denim newbie like myself. 

I've owned/worn a pair of Unbranded UB101 (Skinny Cut) for a year now and it's definitely got me hooked on raw denim. I'm in the market for another pair in a similar cut and have been reading that 3sixteen is pretty good. 

I wear a size 31 in Unbranded UB101 and it fits pretty well. Thighs and legs aren't too tight. Only thing that I'd like is for the legs to taper a bit more. According to BlueOwl measurements, I'm a size 30 for the ST-100x, which is consistent with what I've read about sizing (size 1 down). Since BlueOwl offers hemming for free when you purchase a new pair, I'd like to take advantage of that offer and get the sizing right the first time. 

Before I pull the trigger, I have a couple of questions:
- Has anyone made the jump from Unbranded UB101 to 3sixteen ST-100x?
- If so, did sizing down 1 work well?
- How much do these stretch in the thighs, legs, and waist (if any)?

Thanks for any feedback.

If you're in San Francisco why not just come to Self Edge and try them on? You can also get them hemmed for free in-store.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...