or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Definitive MANBAG Thread: Post Feedback/Brands Here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Definitive MANBAG Thread: Post Feedback/Brands Here. - Page 47

post #691 of 2774
Not sure if this kind of request fits for this thread, But instead of creating a new thread I figured I would start here first. I am looking for a travel size bag that I can throw a few days of clothes in for vacation. I would like something along the lines of http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...6702/26702.jsp or http://jfold.com/usstore/index.html (The trooper bag) Just wanted a few opinions or other options. Nothing fancy, just something that will last for a long time and is somewhat reasonable compared to my Adidas sports bag lol.
post #692 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uker View Post
Not sure if this kind of request fits for this thread, But instead of creating a new thread I figured I would start here first.

I am looking for a travel size bag that I can throw a few days of clothes in for vacation. I would like something along the lines of
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...6702/26702.jsp
or
http://jfold.com/usstore/index.html (The trooper bag)


Just wanted a few opinions or other options. Nothing fancy, just something that will last for a long time and is somewhat reasonable compared to my Adidas sports bag lol.

Check out Ernest Alexander's stuff. It's slightly cheaper than your J. Crew bag and will be of infinitely better quality.
post #693 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehlol View Post
Check out Ernest Alexander's stuff. It's slightly cheaper than your J. Crew bag and will be of infinitely better quality.

Oh wow, those look really nice, thanks.
Any other suggestions ?
post #694 of 2774
i remember a brand that was brought up that makes dutch school bags in an array of colors from red to green. can't remember the name now even though i try.
post #695 of 2774
^ Fjällräven.
post #696 of 2774
Cross-post from Flyertalk...but maybe might get some suggestions here for something VERY foldable and compact..... A bag that can fold and not take up a lot of space within a carry-on, looks good, and isn't a Murse. Main purpose is to carry a camera or two (not DSLR), some paper and a pen (perhaps a moleskin), magazines, travel guide, ipod, etc. Obviously some sort of ballistic nylon would probably be the best solution. (or is it?) http://www.tumi.com/alpha-bravo/hori...s-body-146143/ was something I was thinking of. I actually checked out a Porter x Monocle bag though: http://shop.monocle.com/travel/porter-city-bag Any suggestions in this genre of bags? Would a really thin backpack work? I have a "messenger bag" but it seems a bit large for this purpose.
post #697 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
i remember a brand that was brought up that makes dutch school bags in an array of colors from red to green. can't remember the name now even though i try.
Like aqhong said, Fjällräven (or are they Swedish? Idk....). Or...if you want Danish leather school bags, also in a variety of colors: http://www.pietbreinholm.dk/ Quite noiice...
post #698 of 2774
Thread Starter 
^Those are pretty neat. Anyway, looks as though the pricing is around $780 for the smaller size, $860 or so for the larger one (based on a net search)... that's a lot more than I would have guessed or that I'd want to pay for a utilitarian school-bag. Anybody have one and could give a report?
post #699 of 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsf View Post
yeah that was exactly the brand i was looking for but really hate the stitching. 700+ is a lot too. Any danish school shops around that sell for cheaper?
post #700 of 2774
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi View Post
yeah that was exactly the brand i was looking for but really hate the stitching. 700+ is a lot too. Any danish school shops around that sell for cheaper?
If you look on their website, they have tonal/matching stitching too (not just white). That doesn't change the price tag, unfortunately... as I think they're all still in the $700-900 range.
post #701 of 2774
^ email them. They have samples for sale from time to time. They gave me a quote of about $200 less than the original price. Very limited sizing and color choices of course..
post #702 of 2774
Thread Starter 
Found this pic from the last Balenciaga men's season. These are the sorts of bags I like... relatively simple in design, made from nice/luxe materials, functional, but with a hint of flare that keeps them from looking like the dull Targus shit your IT guy carries to work. And one bag for Uncontrol... a $34,000 Gucci Croco number for which he probably would give a kidney:
post #703 of 2774
i saw that but it's so fucking expensive it's not something that even registers in my brain
post #704 of 2774
I might be able to get this one in black leather, big discount
WANT Les Essentiels DE LA VIE 'De Gaulle' 14″ Laptop Bag






What do you think of the style for a laptop bag? Any experience with the brand?
post #705 of 2774
i only hear good things about Want les. Given the brand's majestic use of color though I would prefer something different than a basic black/gray. Still no reason to pass it up if the deal is real good!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Definitive MANBAG Thread: Post Feedback/Brands Here.