or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Definitive MANBAG Thread: Post Feedback/Brands Here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Definitive MANBAG Thread: Post Feedback/Brands Here. - Page 158

post #2356 of 2773

Nordstrom is about to start carrying Ghurka products inlove.gif

 

 

Must....resist.....purchases!

post #2357 of 2773
Quote:
Originally Posted by quuz View Post

Im going to Paris for one week and am looking for a nice overnight duffle.
Im leaning towards either the filson small duffle:
Dark%2BTan%2BDuffle.jpg
Or
Acne Everest tan
1KJ121-731_D_689_1.jpg
I think Im going to go with the acne bag since I already have a filson 256, the bags are roughly the same size . However the Acne bag is 100 bucks more expensive (328 USD)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Impulsv View Post

Any recommendations for a Filson-like bag, but with natural, undyed leather trim? I'd prefer the fabric be tan or grey, waxed canvas a plus.

that acne one is a pretty handsome turn in that style, not waxed but a good look, no?

post #2358 of 2773
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
Nordstrom is about to start carrying Ghurka products inlove.gif

I regret not buying a Ghurka briefcase back when they were still made in Connecticut, and they had a store in SF on the same block as my office. Quality has reportedly gone down since they transferred production to China. Not that the Chinese are incapable of quality, after all, Hermes has set up shop there specifically to tap into nearly gone imperial artisan skills like lacquerware, but most other Western firms transfer production there for only one reason, cost-cutting.

post #2359 of 2773
post #2360 of 2773
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmajid View Post

I regret not buying a Ghurka briefcase back when they were still made in Connecticut, and they had a store in SF on the same block as my office. Quality has reportedly gone down since they transferred production to China. Not that the Chinese are incapable of quality, after all, Hermes has set up shop there specifically to tap into nearly gone imperial artisan skills like lacquerware, but most other Western firms transfer production there for only one reason, cost-cutting.

Hmm. I did not realize the brand was sold and the new owners are taking production back to CT. Encouraging, although it remains to be seen whether the craftsmanship of the originals will successfully be resuscitated.

post #2361 of 2773
Anyone know what bag this is?

post #2362 of 2773
^ looks like a seatbelt tote bag

SB3a.jpg
post #2363 of 2773
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex99 View Post

Anyone know what bag this is?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

^ looks like a seatbelt tote bag
SB3a.jpg

i think he means the messenger bag? that looks more like the bag the girl is carrying.. 

post #2364 of 2773
WTF Mismo nylon duffel bag going for $1000 these days?
post #2365 of 2773
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmajid View Post

I regret not buying a Ghurka briefcase back when they were still made in Connecticut, and they had a store in SF on the same block as my office. Quality has reportedly gone down since they transferred production to China. Not that the Chinese are incapable of quality, after all, Hermes has set up shop there specifically to tap into nearly gone imperial artisan skills like lacquerware, but most other Western firms transfer production there for only one reason, cost-cutting.


If quality has gone down, that's too bad.  My mom has a set that was my dads when he was a pilot and the entire set (carry on, medium duffle and a large duffle) is amazing. 

post #2366 of 2773
Quote:
Originally Posted by quuz View Post

Im going to Paris for one week and am looking for a nice overnight duffle.
Im leaning towards either the filson small duffle:
Dark%2BTan%2BDuffle.jpg
 

 

That Filson small duffle is indeed small.  You won't be able to fit much into it.

post #2367 of 2773
I really am feeling something about the new Coach debossed stripe duffles.
post #2368 of 2773
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

WTF Mismo nylon duffel bag going for $1000 these days?

Price points jumped like crazy once shops like TBS got it and menswear blogs started mentioned them. Materials and construction are so good but not at $1k. Wish studiohomme still existed (French Mr. Porter now?) you could always get Mismo there for ~50% off
post #2369 of 2773
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

WTF Mismo nylon duffel bag going for $1000 these days?

crackup[1].gif

They often do factory sales, where things can be had at 50-70% of.
post #2370 of 2773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

crackup[1].gif
They often do factory sales, where things can be had at 50-70% of.

Where?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Definitive MANBAG Thread: Post Feedback/Brands Here.