or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Definitive MANBAG Thread: Post Feedback/Brands Here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Definitive MANBAG Thread: Post Feedback/Brands Here. - Page 82

post #1216 of 2753
Like some painter spills beer on the canvas and calls it "Art"
post #1217 of 2753
uhh yeah, great analogy...

the first bag is pretty iffy
post #1218 of 2753
IMA COP if you sell
post #1219 of 2753
the 'designer' calls out matt on his post http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1081) via facebook. LINK
While I don't have anything against the stuff he's making, the bag in question is probably as minimalist as a weekender can be. You can't 'knock off' something like that, just like you can't knock off a bomber jacket or any other timeless piece. I also get the feeling matt's post was more of a tongue-in-cheek jab at the lack of design and finising rather than an actual interest check
post #1220 of 2753
His design is not a trademark, therefore anyone can copy. Welcome to the fashion world Basil.
post #1221 of 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by softy View Post
I was more curious to know which shape you preferred, but thank you for this interesting piece of trivia.
Is this verifiable? It sounds like it could be apocryphal.
To be honest, I was thinking more of getting the brown, though. I'm going through a muted-color phase.

Cheers Softy,
I like them all - v nice stuff. Brown is more practical but London is stunning and will mellow down and acquire a much loved/used patina over the years. RE trivia, I got the info from a long serving tanner in Northhampton so have to think it is probably true. Best, Tim
post #1222 of 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibadiba View Post
the 'designer' calls out matt on his post http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1081) via facebook. LINK While I don't have anything against the stuff he's making, the bag in question is probably as minimalist as a weekender can be. You can't 'knock off' something like that, just like you can't knock off a bomber jacket or any other timeless piece. I also get the feeling matt's post was more of a tongue-in-cheek jab at the lack of design and finising rather than an actual interest check
Wow! EDIT: To be honest while the rest of the collection is not my thing, the weekender in question here is really nice. I would be interested in finding out more if it had an optional shoulder strap. It's a must for me.
post #1223 of 2753
I really like the classic shape of this bag and the price is not bad for the construction and materials used:



Qara Medico Bag
post #1224 of 2753
i like the bag but i'd imagine it'd be really hard to pull off
post #1225 of 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1 View Post
i like the bag but i'd imagine it'd be really hard to pull off

Really? I don't think so at all. It's very masculine.
post #1226 of 2753
He means it would make you look like a medical doctor from the old west and therefore be difficult to pull off without looking campy. "Modern" takes on dr. bags and brief bags and other profession-specific bags can look douchey when used as a handbag.
post #1227 of 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by softy View Post
He means it would make you look like a medical doctor from the old west and therefore be difficult to pull off without looking campy. "Modern" takes on dr. bags and brief bags and other profession-specific bags can look douchey when used as a handbag.

Yeah I can see what you mean, but I think it's classic enough to not look douchey.
post #1228 of 2753
This is actually how I feel about mailbags/messenger bags as well, but those became such an established form of common sense that I guess no one but me thinks they look like props.
post #1229 of 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post
I really like the classic shape of this bag and the price is not bad for the construction and materials used:



Qara Medico Bag

To be honest, on second view it looks kind of like a fancy gym bag :/
post #1230 of 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by softy View Post
He means it would make you look like a medical doctor from the old west and therefore be difficult to pull off without looking campy. "Modern" takes on dr. bags and brief bags and other profession-specific bags can look douchey when used as a handbag.

I think most of the bag styles we have these days for men are basically derivatives of classic bag designs. For example, the Billykirk/John & Mary/Sir and Madame weekender bags are just updated versions of the old tool bag. Messenger bags...self-explanatory. I have yet to see a good take on the old doctor bag though! Ideas ideas...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Definitive MANBAG Thread: Post Feedback/Brands Here.