or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014 - Page 184

post #2746 of 2807
http://www.mismo.dk/collections/on-sale-now
post #2747 of 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

Can anyone recommend an all leather, minimal, tote bag that has a zipper closure and handles with not too much of a drop?

Ideally sub $500, would go higher for the right piece since it's something I hope to get a lot of use out of.
(ideal use is for work, overnights, shopping, pretty much anything/anywhere)

thanks in advance

Try and get a Want O'Hare during sale time (like now). I really like mine. Mine is from one of the earlier collections so leather is fab. The leather of the recent offerings is a bit meh, so do check it out carefully.

I just came across this on Yoox: http://www.yoox.com/us/45237993MX/item?dept=newarrivalsmen#sts=sr_newarrivalsmen80&cod10=45237993MX&sizeId=1

I am not that familiar with the brand. Might be a Yoox brand. The designs are minimalist (nice for me). I have checked out a briefcase previously - not bad for the price. I believe they are all made in Italy.
post #2748 of 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsf View Post

Try and get a Want O'Hare during sale time (like now). I really like mine. Mine is from one of the earlier collections so leather is fab. The leather of the recent offerings is a bit meh, so do check it out carefully.

I just came across this on Yoox: http://www.yoox.com/us/45237993MX/item?dept=newarrivalsmen#sts=sr_newarrivalsmen80&cod10=45237993MX&sizeId=1

I am not that familiar with the brand. Might be a Yoox brand. The designs are minimalist (nice for me). I have checked out a briefcase previously - not bad for the price. I believe they are all made in Italy.

Thanks for the suggestion,
I actually just picked up an O'Hare from Barneys at a good price, still on the fence about keeping it, though. I like the style, but the color is "Baltic Blue", which looks great, but just isn't that versatile. I think this bag in black or brown leather would be perfect.
post #2749 of 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

Thanks for the suggestion,
I actually just picked up an O'Hare from Barneys at a good price, still on the fence about keeping it, though. I like the style, but the color is "Baltic Blue", which looks great, but just isn't that versatile. I think this bag in black or brown leather would be perfect.

Is it all leather? Is the "Baltic Blue" quite bright? I love how the softness of the leather brushes against my body (omg did it just eroticize a bag?!). Mine is black. :-)
post #2750 of 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsf View Post

Is it all leather? Is the "Baltic Blue" quite bright? I love how the softness of the leather brushes against my body (omg did it just eroticize a bag?!). Mine is black. :-)

Yes, all leather.
Not too bright, same as the leather on this bag

If it were a bit darker I'd likely keep it
post #2751 of 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

Yes, all leather.
Not too bright, same as the leather on this bag

If it were a bit darker I'd likely keep it

I saw the bag at Barney's yesterday. Yeah I think if it was a bit darker, it'd be more versatile. Nice looking though!! What's your final decision! :-)
post #2752 of 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsf View Post

I saw the bag at Barney's yesterday. Yeah I think if it was a bit darker, it'd be more versatile. Nice looking though!! What's your final decision! :-)

It's going back, want to love it, but I just don't get that lovin feelin for it.

this on the other hand is I think where it's at.
I know Frank Clegg is supposed to be great quality, but I can't help but feel like this is too much for something so basic.

Anyone have a recommendation for something similar, at a little less cost?
post #2753 of 2807
post #2754 of 2807
^good deal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

It's going back, want to love it, but I just don't get that lovin feelin for it.

this on the other hand is I think where it's at.
I know Frank Clegg is supposed to be great quality, but I can't help but feel like this is too much for something so basic.

Anyone have a recommendation for something similar, at a little less cost?

This? http://www.nittygrittystore.com/men/bags/saunter
post #2755 of 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsf View Post

^good deal!
This? http://www.nittygrittystore.com/men/bags/saunter

I'd grabbed that Mismo Utility, along with their Day Pack, from Barneys. Really nice stuff, but just wasn't what I was looking for.

PDSF, that Saunter tote looks awesome.
I just picked up this for $140 and am slightly regretting my decision upon seeing it.
post #2756 of 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

I'd grabbed that Mismo Utility, along with their Day Pack, from Barneys. Really nice stuff, but just wasn't what I was looking for.

PDSF, that Saunter tote looks awesome.
I just picked up this for $140 and am slightly regretting my decision upon seeing it.

You mean upon seeing the Saunter tote? There is a big price difference!! I think that leather postal tote is a bargain for $140, no? How are you going to use it? What will you carry in it? Which colour did you get? I get excited about bag purchases. shog[1].gif
post #2757 of 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdsf View Post

You mean upon seeing the Saunter tote? There is a big price difference!! I think that leather postal tote is a bargain for $140, no? How are you going to use it? What will you carry in it? Which colour did you get? I get excited about bag purchases. shog[1].gif


The more time I've spent with the Stanley and Sons bag the more i think the price was an absolute steal. The quality of the leather is wonderful and it seems to be pretty well made.
I wanted a cleaner aesthetic, which is why i like the Mismo bag, but at this price I can't complain.

Primary use is for the office, overnights at my girlfriends, normal "tote" bag stuff.
Shit, I may even take it to a farmers market.

edit: picked it up in brown.
post #2758 of 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazaza View Post

The more time I've spent with the Stanley and Sons bag the more i think the price was an absolute steal. The quality of the leather is wonderful and it seems to be pretty well made.
I wanted a cleaner aesthetic, which is why i like the Mismo bag, but at this price I can't complain.

Primary use is for the office, overnights at my girlfriends, normal "tote" bag stuff.
Shit, I may even take it to a farmers market.

edit: picked it up in brown.

Thanks for the review. Sounds like a great bag!!! I am glad you like it. The Mismo bag is a very different bag though, so maybe we are comparing apples and oranges, so...I think you should get it woohoo!!!! smile.gif
post #2759 of 2807
This bag whore needs help! I am looking at fairly rugged leather messenger bag/backpack hybrids. For example:

http://www.bexargoods.com/products/leather-satchel-black-handmade

and

http://www.etwasbags.com/collection/backpack/

Has anyone come across other options?

Thanks.
post #2760 of 2807
By the way, I'm still using the navy MMM bag I picked up a while back as a daily bag for work. I'm not carrying a laptop around, but it's been great for a portfolio, small notebook and a few other odds and ends.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014