Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Gucci vs Prada suit ? Last post on 8/31/12 at 5:37am in Classic Menswear
- Tuxedo, Made to Order or RTW? Last post on 7/19/12 at 5:53am in Classic Menswear
- Esquire Spring 2011 Big Black Book Last post on 6/21/11 at 7:12pm in Classic Menswear
- DROPS: Prada, Costume National, Gucci, Jil Sander, etc Last post on 4/7/11 at 1:10pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Wallets: Tom Ford, Ferragamo / Belts: Santoni, Isaia, Duchamp / Bags: Bottega Veneta Last post on 5/3/11 at 11:59am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014 - Page 166
Styleforum Top Picks
So if it the tag had a reputable European country on it, the jacked up price would be reasonable? even if the quality was the same as one MIC? Different companies have different standards of demand. I'm happy and grateful for your knowledge on bags of different companies, but just how much of what you're saying is bias and maybe over exaggerated? Yes, China's got a bad rap for making low quality stuff, Japan was like that once, believe it or not, but the way I'm reading it, with the stuff you don't seem to like your self, it sounds like they'll fall apart within a year.
And seen a favourable review here:
I like the look of their products, but I wonder if anyone else has any experience with them?
I am quite particular about the kind of leather bags I use and have never really found something that has ticked all those dots if you know what I mean. This led me to work on a bag of my own and I have just received my first prototype.
I would really like if you readers could give me your comments
Please make sure you ignore the colour as this was a bit of a misunderstanding and we are not going with that
If you don't like something I would appreciate if you could also suggest what you think you would like
I'm not much of a "manbag" sort of a person, although I do carry a 5.11 Tactical MOAB 10 sling bag for my EDC items. Not very stylish but it gets the job done. There are are some really nice recommendations in this thread though. I haven't read thru all the pages so I apologize if someone has already posted these but I recommend pretty much anything from Saddleback Leather. I've scene their messenger bag in person and it is a piece of artwork. The quality is outstanding.
One is a beautiful Italian Coated Saffiano Canvas (like the leather, but inifinitely more durable).
The other is a Nylon/Leather briefcase, similar to the Arrive Kennedy.
Any feedback/opinions on the Ecoalf bags on Gilt today? I'm curious particularly about the London briefcase:
Gilt does not have this color, but the pics in the other colors look a little ugly. The only info I have found says they are a Spanish brand that uses recycled materials. The briefcase is nylon with leather details. It has a padded sleeve (I assume for a laptop). I compared the dimensions to the Filson 256, which has been on my wishlist, and this looks very similar in size.
If it ends up being too big I will probably get a fjällräven no 4 duffle (large) or a filson small duffle.
- The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Naked & Famous 'Slim Guy' Jeans just now
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Pester Dress Shirt [Opening Ceremony NY] 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › So long, A Suitable Wardrobe... 4 minutes ago
- › Native Son Button-down [Opening Ceremony NY] 5 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 6 minutes ago
- › Burberry Prorsum Shirt 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...