I'm very familiar with LV especially their Epi leather line and what I meant is pretty much what you wrote, it was just easier to write it like that and it sort of got my point across
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Gucci vs Prada suit ? Last post on 8/31/12 at 5:37am in Classic Menswear
- Tuxedo, Made to Order or RTW? Last post on 7/19/12 at 5:53am in Classic Menswear
- Esquire Spring 2011 Big Black Book Last post on 6/21/11 at 7:12pm in Classic Menswear
- DROPS: Prada, Costume National, Gucci, Jil Sander, etc Last post on 4/7/11 at 1:10pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014 - Page 144post #2146 of 28063/9/12 at 1:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2147 of 28063/9/12 at 1:24amThread StarterQuote:
I understand! Epi has never thrilled me AT ALL... some of the bags absolutely look like plastic. The naxos grained leather is decent... but again not up to Hermes Clemence, but priced very high (again, $3000+). Taiga is so-so. Nomade I like, but it also is extremely pricey. Utah's grain fades over time and is not as hard wearing as it should be, given it's "rugged" marketing. Epi has never thrilled me.
The runway collections often are really neat, but again so pricey as to be insane. I loved the Kangaroo leather bags they did back a few years ago, and also some of the very thick calf and wool bags from AW 2006.post #2148 of 28063/9/12 at 3:30amQuote:Originally Posted by _yoo
^ L'eclaireur (via farfetch) has them.
still looking for my perfect (relatively affordable) work bag i really hope i could find this somewhere, or that isaac reina will re-release it this season in similar finish. their website has yet to be updated with info about ss12.
Btw Andreas Murkudis has just put their ss12 buy online, lots of *very* tempting pieces
The store also has nice valextra and felisi collections
Going to kop like 3k worth of Isaac Reina when I get to Paris in June
Two Zip Wallets, Zip Portfolio, Large Doctors Bag and Zipped Briefcase.
Will post for Rach <3post #2149 of 28063/9/12 at 3:56ampost #2150 of 28063/9/12 at 4:22ampost #2151 of 28063/9/12 at 6:54ampost #2152 of 28063/9/12 at 10:40amQuote:
My sister has/had 10 or so epi leather bags and I didn't get the feeling they were worth the tag and my mother more than once referred to them as plasticy, as I see it the only plus is the very discreet branding.post #2153 of 28063/9/12 at 7:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hobbs
Monocle have another Delvaux collaboration.
I don't get this at all, the regular Delvaux Newspaper and President bags are stunning. The leather here reminds me of window blinds.
I have the original brown Delvaux x Monocle bag. The leather color variations give it its visual interest, I just don't think it makes sense in black. From the serial number on mine, I doubt they've sold more than the low dozens of units. It's a great design, elegant and one that discourages overpacking. The quality is top-notch. I just wish they'd use Riri zippers instead of YKK. The handles are a little bit thin, I'd prefer a little more heft with rolled handles.
The next step up is to go bespoke. I live in SF and have been eyeing April in Paris for a while, and visited Glaser Designs, and talked with Myron Glaser for quite a while. I remember them from their ads in The Economist back when, but the economics don't make sense for him any more - he advertises in petroleum industry trade press, as those people appreciate the quality. He was also complaining about Tyler Brulé and how he can't advertise in Monocle.post #2154 of 28063/10/12 at 12:41amThread Starterpost #2155 of 28063/10/12 at 1:10ampost #2156 of 28063/10/12 at 2:04amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Find Finn
It's a Estime (Paris) Bertrand
Thanks! retail in the 300 euros or so, from a glance at the website.
I like the style and color a lot, though I'd definitely want to see it in person. The leather quality looks iffy, as does the hardware (from first glance). BUT, for ~$300, it might be a good pick. Do you have experience with the brand?post #2157 of 28063/10/12 at 3:46pmpost #2158 of 28063/10/12 at 4:23pm
Thanks rach2jlc !! Great thread that you have created here !
As stated by Find Finn, this is the Estime Bertrand in navy blue leather.
They discontinued a black leather/twill version and a black leather/grey twill version about 6 months ago.
I could not see the bag in person in the store in Paris since the bag was in a warehouse and shipped directly to your home or to the store after purchase, however the holdall 'Jordane' in the same navy blue was in store.
I would say that by touching the leather, in my opinion it is good quality and it is a soft not grained leather. It does not feel like it is made of plastic.
The interior is made of light purple twill. There is a compartment especially padded for a computer to sit in.
The hardware is made of nickel silver. And there is a magnetic closing flat pocket in the front so that you can just slip a newspaper. see the pic below
But I am not an expert at all, I am just 24 and the most expensive bags I have ever bought in my life is the Filson Original Briefcase !
So I can't judge the quality of the leather as you do, since you have owned quite powerhouse brand bags The bag is made in Spain.
I consider buying it but I need to make up my mind since to me this is still quite a lot of money to spend on a bag.
According to estime.com, the store United Arrows in Tokyo, Japan sells Estime bags.
Hope it helped !
Edited by riton - 3/10/12 at 4:40pmpost #2159 of 28063/10/12 at 9:44pmThread Starter^Thanks for the info!
In other news... looking through the 2012 Spring Lookbooks... it's official: the CELINE bug has bitten every single brand that exists making bags for men or women. It's even infected Dior Homme. You name it, there is a Celine-esque bag being made (haha.)
P.s. this is NOT a recommendation; Dior is about the lowest quality bag I've ever seen, at the most ridiculously high price. I always thought so, and a friend who worked for LVMH just confirmed it telling me the horror stories.
- The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 42 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › Adidas Horween Veg Tanned Leather Stan Smith 10.5 New 6 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 12 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 21 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 25 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.