I'm very familiar with LV especially their Epi leather line and what I meant is pretty much what you wrote, it was just easier to write it like that and it sort of got my point across
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Gucci vs Prada suit ? Last post on 8/31/12 at 5:37am in Classic Menswear
- Tuxedo, Made to Order or RTW? Last post on 7/19/12 at 5:53am in Classic Menswear
- Esquire Spring 2011 Big Black Book Last post on 6/21/11 at 7:12pm in Classic Menswear
- DROPS: Prada, Costume National, Gucci, Jil Sander, etc Last post on 4/7/11 at 1:10pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014 - Page 144post #2146 of 28063/9/12 at 1:20ampost #2147 of 28063/9/12 at 1:24amThread StarterQuote:
I understand! Epi has never thrilled me AT ALL... some of the bags absolutely look like plastic. The naxos grained leather is decent... but again not up to Hermes Clemence, but priced very high (again, $3000+). Taiga is so-so. Nomade I like, but it also is extremely pricey. Utah's grain fades over time and is not as hard wearing as it should be, given it's "rugged" marketing. Epi has never thrilled me.
The runway collections often are really neat, but again so pricey as to be insane. I loved the Kangaroo leather bags they did back a few years ago, and also some of the very thick calf and wool bags from AW 2006.post #2148 of 28063/9/12 at 3:30amQuote:Originally Posted by _yoo
^ L'eclaireur (via farfetch) has them.
still looking for my perfect (relatively affordable) work bag i really hope i could find this somewhere, or that isaac reina will re-release it this season in similar finish. their website has yet to be updated with info about ss12.
Btw Andreas Murkudis has just put their ss12 buy online, lots of *very* tempting pieces
The store also has nice valextra and felisi collections
Going to kop like 3k worth of Isaac Reina when I get to Paris in June
Two Zip Wallets, Zip Portfolio, Large Doctors Bag and Zipped Briefcase.
Will post for Rach <3post #2149 of 28063/9/12 at 3:56ampost #2150 of 28063/9/12 at 4:22ampost #2151 of 28063/9/12 at 6:54ampost #2152 of 28063/9/12 at 10:40amQuote:
My sister has/had 10 or so epi leather bags and I didn't get the feeling they were worth the tag and my mother more than once referred to them as plasticy, as I see it the only plus is the very discreet branding.post #2153 of 28063/9/12 at 7:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hobbs
Monocle have another Delvaux collaboration.
I don't get this at all, the regular Delvaux Newspaper and President bags are stunning. The leather here reminds me of window blinds.
I have the original brown Delvaux x Monocle bag. The leather color variations give it its visual interest, I just don't think it makes sense in black. From the serial number on mine, I doubt they've sold more than the low dozens of units. It's a great design, elegant and one that discourages overpacking. The quality is top-notch. I just wish they'd use Riri zippers instead of YKK. The handles are a little bit thin, I'd prefer a little more heft with rolled handles.
The next step up is to go bespoke. I live in SF and have been eyeing April in Paris for a while, and visited Glaser Designs, and talked with Myron Glaser for quite a while. I remember them from their ads in The Economist back when, but the economics don't make sense for him any more - he advertises in petroleum industry trade press, as those people appreciate the quality. He was also complaining about Tyler Brulé and how he can't advertise in Monocle.post #2154 of 28063/10/12 at 12:41amThread Starterpost #2155 of 28063/10/12 at 1:10ampost #2156 of 28063/10/12 at 2:04amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Find Finn
It's a Estime (Paris) Bertrand
Thanks! retail in the 300 euros or so, from a glance at the website.
I like the style and color a lot, though I'd definitely want to see it in person. The leather quality looks iffy, as does the hardware (from first glance). BUT, for ~$300, it might be a good pick. Do you have experience with the brand?post #2157 of 28063/10/12 at 3:46pmpost #2158 of 28063/10/12 at 4:23pm
Thanks rach2jlc !! Great thread that you have created here !
As stated by Find Finn, this is the Estime Bertrand in navy blue leather.
They discontinued a black leather/twill version and a black leather/grey twill version about 6 months ago.
I could not see the bag in person in the store in Paris since the bag was in a warehouse and shipped directly to your home or to the store after purchase, however the holdall 'Jordane' in the same navy blue was in store.
I would say that by touching the leather, in my opinion it is good quality and it is a soft not grained leather. It does not feel like it is made of plastic.
The interior is made of light purple twill. There is a compartment especially padded for a computer to sit in.
The hardware is made of nickel silver. And there is a magnetic closing flat pocket in the front so that you can just slip a newspaper. see the pic below
But I am not an expert at all, I am just 24 and the most expensive bags I have ever bought in my life is the Filson Original Briefcase !
So I can't judge the quality of the leather as you do, since you have owned quite powerhouse brand bags The bag is made in Spain.
I consider buying it but I need to make up my mind since to me this is still quite a lot of money to spend on a bag.
According to estime.com, the store United Arrows in Tokyo, Japan sells Estime bags.
Hope it helped !
Edited by riton - 3/10/12 at 4:40pmpost #2159 of 28063/10/12 at 9:44pmThread Starter^Thanks for the info!
In other news... looking through the 2012 Spring Lookbooks... it's official: the CELINE bug has bitten every single brand that exists making bags for men or women. It's even infected Dior Homme. You name it, there is a Celine-esque bag being made (haha.)
P.s. this is NOT a recommendation; Dior is about the lowest quality bag I've ever seen, at the most ridiculously high price. I always thought so, and a friend who worked for LVMH just confirmed it telling me the horror stories.post #2160 of 28063/14/12 at 8:54pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official... 9 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Rogue territory isc work shirt medium 7 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 21 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 23 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 23 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding