or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Geely GE: Chinese Rolls-Royce?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Geely GE: Chinese Rolls-Royce? - Page 2

post #16 of 30
for a second, I thought this would be the ultimate car for all the small-timers out there... until I saw the price tag.
post #17 of 30
Geely Excellence somehow doesn`t sound as right as Rolls-Royce
post #18 of 30
I'll probably get flamed for saying this but it looks like the bastard child of a Rolls Royce and a Hyundai
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonic View Post
It appears much inspiration has been taken from Pope Paul VI's special Mercedes-Benz 600 Landaulet.


this is kind of crap that comes to mind when they ask me if i would like to make a donation.
post #20 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmt View Post
uhh... no. Which lexus was an EXACT COPY of a benz again?

not an EXACT copy, but their whole lineup is pretty much a copy of MB. I remember watching a documentary in Japan a long time ago, and the Lexus execs where bragging about how they successfully copied MB styling and engineering, at a much lower price.

Maybe now they try to copy BMW too.
post #21 of 30
Thread Starter 
The Geely is not the only Chinese answer to Rolls-Royce.

This is the Hongqi HQD.

post #22 of 30
Additional examples of "paying homage" to someone else's design: http://creativeadvertisingworld.com/bmw-7-vs-byd-f6/
post #23 of 30
This car would be pretty cool if it didnt have that price tag and if it wasnt a duplicate. I mean, for that price tag you could buy a Benz or Lexus. But I guess to each their own. Good luck to that company when they have to justify to the media why it is worth 150k.
post #24 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityConnection View Post
This car would be pretty cool if it didnt have that price tag and if it wasnt a duplicate. I mean, for that price tag you could buy a Benz or Lexus. But I guess to each their own. Good luck to that company when they have to justify to the media why it is worth 150k.

Unlike the Lexus or Benz that you'd buy for $150k, this thing looks like it serves one purpose: so "slightly rich" guys who can't afford the real deal have a car specifically designed to be chauffeured around in. The owner must feel like a real jackass when he wants to offer someone a ride "sit on my lap?"
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix View Post
Unlike the Lexus or Benz that you'd buy for $150k, this thing looks like it serves one purpose: so "slightly rich" guys who can't afford the real deal have a car specifically designed to be chauffeured around in. The owner must feel like a real jackass when he wants to offer someone a ride "sit on my lap?"

lol....thats true. How on earth are you going to entertain clients and guests? If it were my $150k and I had a chauffeur, I would just get a Lexus LS460L. I saw it in the dealership and it was NICE. Unfortunately my accountant tells me I cant afford it and unfortunately he is absolutely right.
post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityConnection View Post
lol....thats true. How on earth are you going to entertain clients and guests? If it were my $150k and I had a chauffeur, I would just get a Lexus LS460L. I saw it in the dealership and it was NICE. Unfortunately my accountant tells me I cant afford it and unfortunately he is absolutely right.

Usually it seems that the kind of people who can afford to be driven around don't really care what kind of a car it was as long as it was a presentable "business-class" car. A black towncar or a caddy (in the US) or a black s-class (in europe) will do just fine as long as it an extended wheelbase one, and anything more than that will just attract unwanted attention.

Out of the big boys, I actually think I prefer Maybach to Phantom now because it's a little more conservative and unassuming to most people.
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin View Post
150K for a copy of the Rolls? What the fuck? Why not just get a Bently instead of a crappy imitation??

2nd that
post #28 of 30
Looks like a mildy retarded phantom short bus.
post #29 of 30
Backseat is lame. Not enough room for a proper lapdance.
post #30 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharlika View Post
The Chinese is the new Japanese. I recall when the Japanese disassembled a Mercedez- Benz and they created/copied it and launched their Lexus automobiles.

Mercs of early 80s did not even have independent suspension, What are you talking about?

For that price I would get Mazzi Quatroporte. That thing looks like it is built for "Dear Leader"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Geely GE: Chinese Rolls-Royce?