or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Custom dress shoes Toronto
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Custom dress shoes Toronto

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
Can any one recommend where to get dress shoes made in Toronto? I have heard of Nick's custom boots on Dupont any comments? I was thinking of getting a moulded plastic last made in Toronto and sending it to Mannina to get a pair of cap toes made, any comments?
post #2 of 27
Bespoke Mens dress shoes in Toronto? I am definitely paying attention to this thread. Just a thought.. Hermes in Toronto carries John Lobb RTW 130 Bloor Street West Toronto, ON M5S 1N5 (416) 968-8626 http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&um=...ns-to&resnum=1 I made a quick phone inquiry just moments ago, and they said 'no' to the bespoke option. (the young man that took my call didn't even know what 'bespoke' meant, and had to ask his manager, who said no) If you could find a place that will even do the lasts for you here, as you say, they could then be sent to Lobb in England perhaps, or another manufacturer of your choosing. Best of luck on this venture. Anyone else have any ideas?
post #3 of 27
Holt Renfrew is also carrying Lobbs. I don't know why Hermes would be carrying Lobb.

Either way, I've seen that shoe place on Dupont and I always wondered about it. If you go let me know what they are charging for a decent cap toe.
post #4 of 27
I don't know why Hermes would be carrying Lobb.

Hermes of Paris France owns the John Lobb company.
As for shoe factories in Canada that make better mens shoes.I would like to know?
post #5 of 27
WG Harris Custom Shoes.

Lakeshore and First.

I drove by this place the other day. Don't know anything about it. The former RCMP commissioner - Zacardelli - had his boots made there.

http://www.toronto.com/shopping/listing/218685
post #6 of 27
House of Salgado in the TD Tower downtown claims to sell custom shoes.
post #7 of 27
Thread Starter 
can anyone comment comment on WG Harris. I spoke to him today and he is planning on closing down in 2 months. He said he is not taking any new orders and currently makes riding boots for the Police.
post #8 of 27
Wondering if anyone can ref. to any pictures or more information on the Canadian Companies?
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnyboy View Post
can anyone comment comment on WG Harris. I spoke to him today and he is planning on closing down in 2 months. He said he is not taking any new orders and currently makes riding boots for the Police.

I think that's the story with Nick's as well. I've bought supplies there, and they seem to make mainly boots for police officers. They're neither Goodyear welted nor Blake stitched, but use some sort of other welting/stitching method the name of which I can't remember now... Not the most elegant boots, but extremely sturdy-looking!
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by navysuede View Post
Wondering if anyone can ref. to any pictures or more information on the Canadian Companies?
Dacks used to make their shoes in Canada, but AFAIK their production was taken over by Church's in the 90s (this was what the store manager here in Ottawa told me). Their top-grade shoes are made in the same factory as Church's, but receive a different label. "Bench-grade" shoes, selling at around $250/pair (two years ago, anyway) were made in Mexico. Aside from that, I don't think anyone makes shoes in Canada anymore - even John Fluevog has most of his stuff made overseas, I hear. If someone can prove me wrong I'd be happy to find out.
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander View Post
Dacks used to make their shoes in Canada, but AFAIK their production was taken over by Church's in the 90s (this was what the store manager here in Ottawa told me). Their top-grade shoes are made in the same factory as Church's, but receive a different label. "Bench-grade" shoes, selling at around $250/pair (two years ago, anyway) were made in Mexico.

Aside from that, I don't think anyone makes shoes in Canada anymore - even John Fluevog has most of his stuff made overseas, I hear. If someone can prove me wrong I'd be happy to find out.

Speaking with the gentlemen from Dack's, Cheaney currently makes their shoes.
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by osc View Post
Speaking with the gentlemen from Dack's, Cheaney currently makes their shoes.

So does Mexico.
They carry both.

There was a 50% off sale going on recently..
doen't know if it is still going on until the end of the month.
A great oppourtunity to buy the Cheaney Dack's for $250/pr if the sale is still on,
or if they'll even have size selection to choose from.
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
So does Mexico.
They carry both.

There was a 50% off sale going on recently..
doen't know if it is still going on until the end of the month.
A great oppourtunity to buy the Cheaney Dack's for $250/pr if the sale is still on,
or if they'll even have size selection to choose from.

Additional 50% off sale is still on for all discontinued styles. So, if you can find your size, the current sale price is $250 - 50% off which is a very good deal.
post #14 of 27
www.roots.com not to dressy but still made in Canada
post #15 of 27
I walk past Nick's Custom Boots quite frequently, and sometimes buy shoe polish there. I think his custom shoes start at around $350, but I don't know what you're getting at that price. He does have a website, but I don't think it's been updated very recently:

http://www.nickscustomboots.com/products_shoe.html#
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Custom dress shoes Toronto