or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › toddler fights
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

toddler fights - Page 2

post #16 of 35
Teach your kid to hit below the belt.  A good groin strike can negate any size advantage.
post #17 of 35
Quote:
My children will be lethal with a blade by age 5.
My daughter was dragging one of my bokken around the house by the time she was 3. I thought it was cute until she hit me on the instep with it.
post #18 of 35
Quote:
Quote:
(Tokyo Slim @ June 10 2005,11:32) My children will be lethal with a blade by age 5.
My daughter was dragging one of my bokken around the house by the time she was 3. I thought it was cute until she hit me on the instep with it.
heh... good work. Did she follow up with a shot to the side of the knee and then under the chin in the meaty part of the neck? If not, I can teach her a couple tricks for a modest price. I'm gonna open up a Playschool Assassin Daycare Center. It's gonna rule.
post #19 of 35
training rooms to include angry orangutans, 40 midgets, and a lion.
post #20 of 35
Wow, Styleforum does parenting too... One stop shopping for advice.
post #21 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Wow, Styleforum does parenting too... One stop shopping for advice.
well, the only fathering sites I know recomend wearing synthetics, so I couldn't possibly hang around
post #22 of 35
Quote:
My children will be lethal with a blade by age 5. I'll also teach them how satisfying it is to hold the anger and pain of public insults inside, while plotting to get revenge far from the prying eyes of the adults. Daddy, daddy, little timmy "fell" down the well. (again) Sort of reminds me of my childhood.
Nothing wrong with a little well-plotted revenge. When I was in 2nd grade, I got revenge on the class bully (who reveled in tormenting me) by growing some virulent cold/flu strain  (donated by my sister) in an agar dish and smearing said biological weapon all over the bully's stuff.  He was very very sick for the better part of a week.  I had threatened him ahead of time that I was going to put a curse on him through black magic and voodoo, so when he really did get violently ill, he became  convinced I was a dangerous person, and left me alone.   Martial arts aren't the only way to defend yourself.
post #23 of 35
biological warfare, awesome. wow, a 2nd grader with access to agar, and the wherewithal to use it. your parents must've been lab biologists...?
post #24 of 35
I have concluded that we were a pretty evil bunch of little boys. Now we are a pretty evil bunch of preening men. Like Doctor Evil, but with a fetish for fancy dress. Very attractive.
post #25 of 35
Quote:
Quote:
(Tokyo Slim @ June 10 2005,12:32) My children will be lethal with a blade by age 5. I'll also teach them how satisfying it is to hold the anger and pain of public insults inside, while plotting to get revenge far from the prying eyes of the adults. Daddy, daddy, little timmy "fell" down the well. (again) Sort of reminds me of my childhood.
Nothing wrong with a little well-plotted revenge. When I was in 2nd grade, I got revenge on the class bully (who reveled in tormenting me) by growing some virulent cold/flu strain  (donated by my sister) in an agar dish and smearing said biological weapon all over the bully's stuff.  He was very very sick for the better part of a week.  I had threatened him ahead of time that I was going to put a curse on him through black magic and voodoo, so when he really did get violently ill, he became  convinced I was a dangerous person, and left me alone.   Martial arts aren't the only way to defend yourself.
You better let the UN weapons inspectors in when the knock. Lord knows you don't want to be part of the "axis of evil".
post #26 of 35
Quote:
biological warfare, awesome. wow, a 2nd grader with access to agar, and the wherewithal to use it. your parents must've been lab biologists...?
Mom was in medical school at the time. She was excited to give me stuff for my "science experiments."
post #27 of 35
Thread Starter 
wow, Kai, I no longer admire you only for your extensive collection of bespoke shoes. such extensive revenge in second grade indicates some serious evil plotting abilities. one would think that you could grow up to be a..... let's see.... maybe a lawyer
post #28 of 35
Globetrotter, what was said to the 5 year old after this happened? It might have been good to help him and your son get through this by deconstructing the occurance. When we were in Paris last week, our apartment was 50 yards from the Square Necker (it has a children's playground) and spent quite a few hours there with our 2 1/2 year old. I didn't hesitate to discipline a kid who wasn't mine. If I see a 3 year old throwing sand at an 18 month old's face, I will intervene if the parents are not watching. When I was six or seven, a bully (a boy) tormented me for a few weeks. Finally, I snapped, although I was much smaller than he was. I began hitting and shouting in a rage. He ran away in tears and never bothered me again.
post #29 of 35
Quote:
Quote:
(Tokyo Slim @ June 10 2005,12:32) My children will be lethal with a blade by age 5. I'll also teach them how satisfying it is to hold the anger and pain of public insults inside, while plotting to get revenge far from the prying eyes of the adults. Daddy, daddy, little timmy "fell" down the well. (again) Sort of reminds me of my childhood.
Nothing wrong with a little well-plotted revenge. When I was in 2nd grade, I got revenge on the class bully (who reveled in tormenting me) by growing some virulent cold/flu strain  (donated by my sister) in an agar dish and smearing said biological weapon all over the bully's stuff.  He was very very sick for the better part of a week.  I had threatened him ahead of time that I was going to put a curse on him through black magic and voodoo, so when he really did get violently ill, he became  convinced I was a dangerous person, and left me alone.   Martial arts aren't the only way to defend yourself.
I'm no lawyer, Kai, but I think you just copped to attempted murder Maybe we can plea you down to felonious assault.
post #30 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Globetrotter, what was said to the 5 year old after this happened?  It might have been good to help him and your son get through this by deconstructing the occurance. When we were in Paris last week, our apartment was 50 yards from the Square Necker (it has a children's playground) and spent quite a few hours there with our 2 1/2 year old.  I didn't hesitate to discipline a kid who wasn't mine.  If I see a 3 year old throwing sand at an 18 month old's face, I will intervene if the parents are not watching.   When I was six or seven, a bully (a boy) tormented me for a few weeks.  Finally, I snapped, although I was much smaller than he was.  I began hitting and shouting in a rage.  He ran away in tears and never bothered me again.
F, I was wondering when you would get in, I was waiting for your input.... I am not of the opinion that it is benifitial to either discipline somebody else's child, or to be overly protective of my child, when there is not a life, limb or soul threatening situation (as FIH mentioned, it can happen). I fugure that we disagree on this, if somebody else is raising there kid to be a bully it is not my position to try and shape the kid - one repremand from a stranger will do nothing but confuse the kid. (on the other hand, one of our sons friends has a bad home situation that is reflected in his behavior and a lot of us have taken to spending time with him to give him stability, to help, but that is an entirely differnet situation). I have pulled kids apart to prevent somebody from getting hurt, but not to try to teach the kids who aren't mine (or part of my circle of friends and family) my values. this kids mother, who actually was a minor friend of ours, who I realy don't think we will see much of from now on, didn't seem overly concerned about the whole thing, although she may not have seen what promted the whole conflict. also, my son will be faced with violence and with unfairness his whole life,I don't want to give him so much protection that he isn't prepared, like some type of galapogas tortoise, unprepared for hunters.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › toddler fights