Originally Posted by username79
To summarize the OP:
- Don't want to get a degree (work) because taking classes is too hard (work is too hard). Especially, taking classes I am not interested in is too hard for me!
I do want to get a degree.
- Looking for a job that doesn't require education (work) and provides money to allow someone to pursue interests/leisure activities (not work).
I am looking for something temporary that doesn't require education, to make money to pursue education.
- Don't see myself going to trade school because I wouldn't find myself "enjoying" it (work)
I haven't mentioned being against a trade school, only that it isn't my first choice.
- Don't see myself being a welder (work), electrician (work), apprentice (work)
- Don't see myself figuring out what I want to do because personality tests don't show me careers that will bring me fulfillment (See above, I want to do no work to be able to not work)
I've mentioned that I am not against hard work/physical labor... its something I've done, and will gladly do if it is how I am to provide for my future wife and down the road a piece our family.
- If I have to "tolerate a job/career" (direct quote) I at least want to make money.
I don't get why this is an issue. I think its saying, I am willing to work something I don't love in order to get by.
- My gf will marry me even if I am flat broke. I guess she will take care of herself and our kids while I work at Target.
I mentioned wanting to better myself.
Are you fucking serious? This is a prime welfare candidate. Don't want to do anything (especially if it is not completely enjoyable) but want to make money. The lack of self-responsibility is astounding, and people here encourage it!
I live on my own, I pay my bills. As a matter of fact I attended this high school
. I worked as much as the law allowed me to at the time (I was 14) in order to pay 80% of my tuition. I did similarly when I was in college.
I have never, and will never be on unemployment or welfare. I attend church and have a loving supportive family, I don't believe the government owes me anything aside from the ability to pursue life liberty and happiness.
I am not 'too good' for any job ANY JOB. I am not above education, or work either.
There is no silver spoon in my mouth, and I feel no sense of entitlement.
I am simply struggling, and this forum is a community I feel can offer me some insight.
And FWIW, I inquired about volunteering w/ an adult literacy program. I also hand-wrote a letter to Phil Mooney (historian/archivist for Coca-Cola) inquiring as to the job requirements for a position at the archives of The Coca-Cola Company.