• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cts-v

jjgold

Reaction score
The lease on the S-55 is almost up. I have a CTS now but am considering a CTS V when that lease is up to replace both. Does anyone out there have the 09? Comments?

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjgold
The lease on the S-55 is almost up. I have a CTS now but am considering a CTS V when that lease is up to replace both. Does anyone out there have the 09? Comments?

Can't speak to its reliability, but it is one awesome bang-for-your buck performance sedan, and surprisingly refined. It's too bad they don't race them in the SPEED World Challenge anymore. The old CTS-V was a dominating monster, and the new one would have been more so.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The car looks good and sounds terrific. I've never driven one, but I have admired it. It's not a car I'd buy, but I do think it represents a great value for the performance it provides.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drove one once....its really nice, but not sure it would be suitable for me on a daily basis, but for you it might.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hate domestics but would love a zr1 and a cts-v go for it.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The car is insane...I remember checking it out at the Houston Auto show, I was surprised at how nice the interior was (those Recaro seats were a thing of beauty), it's amazing that GM has not implemented the same treatment in the Vettes.

I say go for it, there are very few sedans that possess the ability to hang with the car.

dave

Reaction score
I have an 06 cts and I love it. My next car is going to be a black cts-v. The only thing I'm waiting on is the possibility of the cts-v coupe. THAT would be perfect. 550 hp in a comfortable daily driver, all backed by a 5/100k warranty for under 60. What more could you want?

The fact that arrogant wanna be's favor imports over us made cars is also a massive bonus in my book.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
I have an 06 cts and I love it. My next car is going to be a black cts-v. The only thing I'm waiting on is the possibility of the cts-v coupe. THAT would be perfect. 550 hp in a comfortable daily driver, all backed by a 5/100k warranty for under 60. What more could you want?

The fact that arrogant wanna be's favor imports over us made cars is also a massive bonus in my book.

Try to import a cadillac from the Netherlands. The european importer went belly-up. Thousands of unsold caddy's en chevy's for sale. I was contacted in december, they were offering more than 20% discount on new cars and still they couldn't find any customers.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CTS-V is a good buy (quality aside, no idea how that is), especially consider how much it costs when compare to its peer (M5, E63).

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982
CTS-V is a good buy (quality aside, no idea how that is), especially consider how much it costs when compare to its peer (M5, E63).
I agree. It looks sharp and has lots of pep. If I wanted that type of vehicle, then I'd have to look at a CTS-V seriously.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
What are the Caddy service departments like? Do you get treated like you do at an import shop?

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
What are the Caddy service departments like? Do you get treated like you do at an import shop?

No, they treat you very well. I have had nothing but crappy treatment at euro import lots here and in my previous location. My Cadillac dealer was Super-nice from the second I walked on the lot and nothing has changed since. They will pick my car up at my home or office, and leave my loaner car for me. I have even had them diagnose and repair a problem with the passenger seat rail that I was unaware I had. All under warranty.

I bought this car when I was 30 so I wasn't exactly the target Cadillac demographic, but unlike the local bmw and mercedes dealers, they acted like they actually WANTED my business and not like they were doing me a favor selling me a car. The audi guys were a close second, I just wasn't as enthused with the A4.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Dave, good to know. My experience has been rather the opposite, and that was what got me into luxury imports in the first place. Nothing like being able to pull up to the service bay at 7am, have a valet take your vehicle, you walk in, spend five minutes with the write up guy, then walk out to find the valet has pulled up a complimentary service loaner, that is comparable to your ride.

The best I ever got out of a non-luxury import dealership, was a 10 minute shuttle ride that took me two hours to obtain.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess it depends on where you're. I think BMW in Cali are a bit more snobbish than other place as there are great demand for 3 series (not so sure about now though)... This is not my personal experience, but my friends in Cali.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Dave, good to know. My experience has been rather the opposite, and that was what got me into luxury imports in the first place. Nothing like being able to pull up to the service bay at 7am, have a valet take your vehicle, you walk in, spend five minutes with the write up guy, then walk out to find the valet has pulled up a complimentary service loaner, that is comparable to your ride.

The best I ever got out of a non-luxury import dealership, was a 10 minute shuttle ride that took me two hours to obtain.

I would say this is actually more of a dealer dependent thing, because I've been to several BMW dealerships for work in CA and most of them are staffed by jackasses. However, when I used one in OK City, I got amazing service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads