or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 262

post #3916 of 4058

They can't seem to get rid of the Stussy collabs:  http://www.myhabit.com/homepage?rts=1402618981095#s?sr_p_4=Gitman%2520Vintage&dept=men&node=1040658

post #3917 of 4058
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmonar View Post
 

They can't seem to get rid of the Stussy collabs:  http://www.myhabit.com/homepage?rts=1402618981095#s?sr_p_4=Gitman%2520Vintage&dept=men&node=1040658

I literally laughed^ haha thank man. 

post #3918 of 4058

quick sizing question: J Crew reg fit oxford vs Gitman Vintage oxford - Size the same?

post #3919 of 4058
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post
 

quick sizing question: J Crew reg fit oxford vs Gitman Vintage oxford - Size the same

I'd go the same size (L->L). Gitman's gonna have a more tapered fit rather than the more straight cut of the Reg J Crew sizes. 

post #3920 of 4058
That Madras shirt from this season is so damn long on me.
post #3921 of 4058

Awesome, thank you. 

Seems I'm XL in most brands but for whatever reason L in J Crew shirting. I remember somebody saying GV was in the same line as J Crew but wanted to check.

post #3922 of 4058
Depends on what shirt you're looking at. If you're looking at prints or the more exotic fabrics, I would not go with J. Crew sizing since the waist taper can be pretty intense. Oxfords, etc you can be safe with the same size. Then again my cherry seersucker fits like a M but I bought a S, so really you have to gamble a lot
post #3923 of 4058
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post
 

Awesome, thank you. 

Seems I'm XL in most brands but for whatever reason L in J Crew shirting. I remember somebody saying GV was in the same line as J Crew but wanted to check.

It should also be noted that Gitmans are pretty shirt-to-shirt via sizing. If I'm ordering online, I just brave it was a L and it usually works out well, but small variations might occur. Obviously if you can try it on initially, great, but as someone said some of the more eccentric patterns tend to be a bit more slimming (this could because they use lighter fabrics on em, but I'm no expert.) 

post #3924 of 4058

Also, what brands are you an XL in usually? Might be able to give more insight. 

post #3925 of 4058

Hey guys. Im currious about sizing on the gitman flannels. I am trying to scrounge around and find an indigo flannel dot in red for sale, but first I want to figure out my size. NWT measurements of the small fit me perfectly. Does that mean I should size up one? or will I be fine with a small?

post #3926 of 4058
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskamobob1 View Post
 

Hey guys. Im currious about sizing on the gitman flannels. I am trying to scrounge around and find an indigo flannel dot in red for sale, but first I want to figure out my size. NWT measurements of the small fit me perfectly. Does that mean I should size up one? or will I be fine with a small?

 

I'd go with a small. I've heard some people say that flannel shirts are more likely to shrink but in general Gitman shirts don't shrink. I generally air dry them anyway.

post #3927 of 4058
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentpope View Post
 

 

I'd go with a small. I've heard some people say that flannel shirts are more likely to shrink but in general Gitman shirts don't shrink. I generally air dry them anyway.

they're washed and shrunk @ the factory post creation

post #3928 of 4058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnap View Post

That Madras shirt from this season is so damn long on me.
which one did you get? I got the navy/green madras and it is long as hell. Think I'm gonna get it turns into a short sleeve at the tailor- everywhere was sold out of the s/s in my size, but now unionmade has em... don't think my tailor could shorten it much, though
post #3929 of 4058
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjonesd2 View Post

which one did you get? I got the navy/green madras and it is long as hell. Think I'm gonna get it turns into a short sleeve at the tailor- everywhere was sold out of the s/s in my size, but now unionmade has em... don't think my tailor could shorten it much, though

Yea same one. You don't think your tailor could shorten it because of the hem shape? I've never actually taken a Gitman to the tailor. I'm 5'7" and buy a large, usually just roll with the longness but this one is extra long.
post #3930 of 4058
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage