or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 253

post #3781 of 3976
Something about the La Mer print that makes me want to buy it.
post #3782 of 3976

Bahia shirt came in the mail today. Very cool print.

 

but first thing I noticed it looked very long.

 

Have a bunch of gitman shirts so I checked with my measuring tape down the back from the collar seam and its a little over 31" inches. Others were all about 28-29.5". Wondering if the short sleeve gitmans run a bit longer or if the others have shrank a bit with wash and hang dry. Since Im most likely going to only wear this shirt untucked hoping maybe I can give it a wash and lose a inch or so on the length. Has anyone noticed any of their gitmans being longer or had any luck shrinking them a bit in the past. thanks

post #3783 of 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdbitchh View Post

Bahia shirt came in the mail today. Very cool print.

but first thing I noticed it looked very long.

Have a bunch of gitman shirts so I checked with my measuring tape down the back from the collar seam and its a little over 31" inches. Others were all about 28-29.5". Wondering if the short sleeve gitmans run a bit longer or if the others have shrank a bit with wash and hang dry. Since Im most likely going to only wear this shirt untucked hoping maybe I can give it a wash and lose a inch or so on the length. Has anyone noticed any of their gitmans being longer or had any luck shrinking them a bit in the past. thanks

What size did you get?
post #3784 of 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjonesd2 View Post


What size did you get?

medium. I actually just took another look and Needsupply did have the length listed as 31". I never really check closely for that measurement since it has never been a problem. Normally just check the pit to pit and shoulder.

 

Strange thing I just noticed is the front length is similar to my other gitmans but the back goes down further. The fabric is heavy so that might account for part of the difference in size.

 

I know people say they are pre-washed and dont shrink much but I might give this one a wash and throw it in the dryer. I normally just hang them to dry. Any downside to drying the shirt once?? I know using a dryer is not great for shirts but dont think once would do much harm.

post #3785 of 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdbitchh View Post

medium. I actually just took another look and Needsupply did have the length listed as 31". I never really check closely for that measurement since it has never been a problem. Normally just check the pit to pit and shoulder.

Strange thing I just noticed is the front length is similar to my other gitmans but the back goes down further. The fabric is heavy so that might account for part of the difference in size.

I know people say they are pre-washed and dont shrink much but I might give this one a wash and throw it in the dryer. I normally just hang them to dry. Any downside to drying the shirt once?? I know using a dryer is not great for shirts but dont think once would do much harm.

I wouldn't do it. Drying clothing in a dryer can cause uneven shrinking and bunching of the fabric at the seems. I always air dry.
post #3786 of 3976
Shirts are washed and dried by Gitman already, shouldn't be too much shrinkage


And for my mediums I'd say it's always between 28.5 - 32 ranges all over though usually consistent to fabric types
post #3787 of 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Shirts are washed and dried by Gitman already, shouldn't be too much shrinkage


And for my mediums I'd say it's always between 28.5 - 32 ranges all over though usually consistent to fabric types

Yeah sounds right. Guess it just happens that this one falls on the longer side of that range. 

 

Never had a shirt shortened by a tailor is this a fairly simple alteration with good results or not worth the effort. 

post #3788 of 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdbitchh View Post

Yeah sounds right. Guess it just happens that this one falls on the longer side of that range. 

Never had a shirt shortened by a tailor is this a fairly simple alteration with good results or not worth the effort. 
It's a relatively simple procedure, but results depends on your tailor's level of competency. You'll also shorten the distance from the hem to bottom button- too much might look wierd. You should post a fit pic here
post #3789 of 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjonesd2 View Post



It's a relatively simple procedure, but results depends on your tailor's level of competency. You'll also shorten the distance from the hem to bottom button- too much might look wierd. You should post a fit pic here

I will post one when I get in but its definately a bit long untucked.  

post #3790 of 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post

Something about the La Mer print that makes me want to buy it.

Where's this from? I can't seem to find the long sleeve version anywhere.

post #3791 of 3976
A few Gitmans
post #3792 of 3976

^ 16 counts as "a few"? haha. Great collection.

post #3793 of 3976
Quote:
Originally Posted by roflzlmao View Post

^ 16 counts as "a few"? haha. Great collection.
Thanks, there are a few brooks brothers mixed in there haha
post #3794 of 3976
Nice collection. How do you like that quilted one?
post #3795 of 3976

can't speak for @stevent but i have it as well and i love mine. considering it's f/w it's pretty light but you can feel how sturdy it is. plus it looks way good 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage