or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 243

post #3631 of 3813

Did anyone every try one of the Gitman x Journal Standard Oxfords? How was the sizing on them? Look slightly wider...

post #3632 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnyc View Post


Yup. I ordered one. Sounds like they are a bit behind schedule. Not surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersilVouchers View Post
 

 

Yes - I ordered one, but online. How are people keeping tabs on them? Received the fabric sample in the post, just waiting for the shirt to turn up.

havn't seen mine (winter aloha long sleeve) or tracking info either, did get the button though. I was just curious if there was anyone else. I ordered over email as well, which was good of them to do. 

post #3633 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1445 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnyc View Post


Yup. I ordered one. Sounds like they are a bit behind schedule. Not surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersilVouchers View Post
 

 

Yes - I ordered one, but online. How are people keeping tabs on them? Received the fabric sample in the post, just waiting for the shirt to turn up.

havn't seen mine (winter aloha long sleeve) or tracking info either, did get the button though. I was just curious if there was anyone else. I ordered over email as well, which was good of them to do. 


I've received 0 communications from them. I did shoot them an email a few weeks back and the response said production was a bit slower than they thought and they expected to be shipping shirts out first or second week of Feb.
post #3634 of 3813
Opening Ceremony has some Gitman collab stuff for cheap in crazy prints in larger sizes. Lol one of the shirts is called Kawaii.

I wish Gitman would pre-wash their fabrics before making their shirts. I think I am in between sizes. Some GV shirts from a few years ago fit me well in medium but others like the Star shirt look a size too small. I still need to get around to selling that. Going up a size to large would probably be too big.
post #3635 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

Opening Ceremony has some Gitman collab stuff for cheap in crazy prints in larger sizes. Lol one of the shirts is called Kawaii.

I wish Gitman would pre-wash their fabrics before making their shirts. I think I am in between sizes. Some GV shirts from a few years ago fit me well in medium but others like the Star shirt look a size too small. I still need to get around to selling that. Going up a size to large would probably be too big.

They prewash all of them?
post #3636 of 3813
I thought the fabrics were prewashed. I never had any shrinkage issues but I always wash cold and air dry.

Also, I'm pretty sure the F/W generally run slimmer than the S/S shirts.
post #3637 of 3813
Sorry for the confusion. Gitman washes the shirts after they're sewn. I find that the sizing isn't consistent due to this.
post #3638 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post

I thought the fabrics were prewashed. I never had any shrinkage issues but I always wash cold and air dry.

 

Same here, until recently. I usually air dry them but threw a chambray shirt in the dryer recently and it shrunk a bit. That ever happen to anyone else? I've occasionally used the dryer on other Gitman fabrics without trouble so I'm curious if this is specific to chambray or this shirt in particular:

 

https://www.shopacrimony.com/products/gitman-bros-vintage-blue-japanese-chambray-polka-dot

 

Anyway, if you want the shirt in something that is now slightly smaller than the Small it's tagged at, gimme a shout :)

post #3639 of 3813

Hey guys this is my first post on style forum. Have any of you gotten ss14 shirts yet? A few of them seem interesting...

post #3640 of 3813
Question: how rare is the micro floral from 2012? I remember seeing this and thinking it was the most beautiful shirt I had ever seen. Still do... So does anyone have an idea of it's rarity? Seems like you can't find them anywhere.



post #3641 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosslovethreads View Post

Question: how rare is the micro floral from 2012? I remember seeing this and thinking it was the most beautiful shirt I had ever seen. Still do... So does anyone have an idea of it's rarity? Seems like you can't find them anywhere.




I've seen that shirt at Barneys outlets for about a year might want to try calling one of them? Was priced at $100 I believe
post #3642 of 3813
That would be crazy surprising.
post #3643 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

I've seen that shirt at Barneys outlets for about a year might want to try calling one of them? Was priced at $100 I believe
post #3644 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosslovethreads View Post

That would be crazy surprising.

Surprising in what way?
post #3645 of 3813
Just that they have been so available. There are countless WTB ads in the marketplace. Not only here but also on sufu. When they finally do come up they sell FAST! I bought one a week ago (thank god!) and I've been looking for like two years! If Barney's outlets have them I'll buy a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Surprising in what way?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage