or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 227

post #3391 of 3965
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

Also, anywhere with the pineapple in long sleeve?
I think the pineapple shirt (and all of the Indigos) can only be bought from Unionmade.

GBV just updated their site the other day and added some seersucker stuff exclusive to their online store, including this McNairy collab:

post #3392 of 3965

 

going nuts for the cherry shirt.  should i get the short sleeve or longsleeve.  cant decide 

post #3393 of 3965
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

How is the cherry seersucker? Thinking about may picking it up. I actually don't think I know what seersucker is.

Yeah, seersucker is a really lightweight fabric that is perfect for summer. I went with a L and got my standard Gitman size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyy View Post

going nuts for the cherry shirt.  should i get the short sleeve or longsleeve.  cant decide 

It all comes down to personal preference. I usually prefer longsleeves as you have the option to roll the sleeves.
post #3394 of 3965
anyone have any info on the gitman blue line by gitman bros thats on myhabit right now. do the shirts fit similar to gitman bros vintage? thx
post #3395 of 3965
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedundermyclothes View Post

anyone have any info on the gitman blue line by gitman bros thats on myhabit right now. do the shirts fit similar to gitman bros vintage? thx

the fabric on the photo looks like a shirt from last year's vintage so i think they should be the same
post #3396 of 3965

even though the fabrics are the same, the gitman blue line is a lot boxier. I have many gitman vintage shirts and I bought one of the gitman blue shirts off of myhabit and it was about 1" larger in the chest and much larger in the waist, I ended up returning it. Myhabit does have "free returns" so you can try.

post #3397 of 3965
so basically, gitman blue is gitman vintage for fat people?
post #3398 of 3965
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

so basically, gitman blue is gitman vintage for fat people?

Yep. Really boxy, which is odd because the Vintage line is pretty relaxed fitting to begin with compared to other shirts marketed as having a slim-fit.
post #3399 of 3965
Our Gitman Vintage SS13 stock is now available online save for our white linen with honeycomb overlay (which we have to reshoot)
post #3400 of 3965

has anyone seen this in an xs and in long sleeve? http://www.southwillard.com/collections/fall-2012/gitman-vintage/japanese-dobby

I saw it at context but was sold out.

post #3401 of 3965
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniep56 View Post

even though the fabrics are the same, the gitman blue line is a lot boxier. I have many gitman vintage shirts and I bought one of the gitman blue shirts off of myhabit and it was about 1" larger in the chest and much larger in the waist, I ended up returning it. Myhabit does have "free returns" so you can try.

 

Same exact experience.  I have a bit of a paunch and my Gitman Vintage Oxfords fit me just right, but this Gitman Blue I ordered from Myhabit is incredibly boxy and you can tell as soon as you unfold it.  Luckily myhabit has a great return policy.  

post #3402 of 3965

The dobby shirt is nice but looks like a pain in the arse to iron. 

post #3403 of 3965
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamezism View Post

The dobby shirt is nice but looks like a pain in the arse to iron. 

Personally don't think any gitman shirt should be ironed except maybe the oxfords
post #3404 of 3965
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Personally don't think any gitman shirt should be ironed except maybe the oxfords

I personally think all shirts should be ironed unless the material is meant to look wrinkly like linen or seersucker. It's pretty standard decorum to iron ones clothes.

post #3405 of 3965
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamezism View Post

I personally think all shirts should be ironed unless the material is meant to look wrinkly like linen or seersucker. It's pretty standard decorum to iron ones clothes.

the linens could use a press sometimes - out of the box they are sometimes more wrinkled than I'd like. the dobby is a peculiar case - it has elastic cross threads that make it look (and fit) the way it does. you definately wont get it to a point where it's completely flat but some spot ironing could be beneficial
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage