or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 225

post #3361 of 3975

Hey Guys,

 

Independence has a bunch of good SS13 shirts available, which you can find here...

 

http://independence-chicago.com/brands/gitman-bros-vintage/

 

I also wanted to give you a heads up on one shirt we have that we are exclusive on in the states, which is the Panda Print. If you have been looking, we have them and have all sizes currently, but they are moving quickly. 

 

http://independence-chicago.com/gitman-bros-vintage-ss-shirt-panda-print/

 

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this particular shirt or any others we have in stock!

post #3362 of 3975
dat panda shirt is cute.
post #3363 of 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by colabear View Post

dat panda shirt is cute.

 

Would look better with less pandas on the shirt imo.

post #3364 of 3975
Nah, it's a great print. From afar it looks like a really nice floral, the blue is great and subtle.
post #3365 of 3975
Okay, I decided to take some pictures of the shirt - wanted to see what you guys thought about the fit and length of the overall shirt - granted this is a new one, so I don't know if it'll shrink after I decide on whether I want to purchase from the Barneys here.





As mentioned before the body is VERY roomy, you can't really tell from the photos. The shoulders feel a tiny bit small and so do the sleeve's length but strangely enough looks okay in the photos.
post #3366 of 3975
button up another button and the body won't feel as roomy lol. all the gitman shirts i've owned always fit tight in the shoulder the fit looks fine with two buttons undone the length looks like it wants to be tucked in though.

if you went down a size it would probably start pulling at the buttons.
post #3367 of 3975
oops double post
post #3368 of 3975
gitman fabrics are prewashed. so there shouldn't be much shrinkage if any post-wash. shirt looks fine. all the gitman vintage shirts have that parachute back
post #3369 of 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by trig View Post

gitman fabrics are prewashed. so there shouldn't be much shrinkage if any post-wash. shirt looks fine. all the gitman vintage shirts have that parachute back

 

^^ this...and length isn't too bad. 

 

 

post #3370 of 3975
Thanks fellas - I think if I do start collecting GBV shirts I'd do it for the casual, untucked look. Most of my shirts are long and are def meant to be tucked in (BBBF and TB).

I've read that certain fabrics/patterns run small - is this true? For instance the 'blackwatch' shirt; if I were a Medium, I'd need a Large - why is that?
post #3371 of 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

Thanks fellas - I think if I do start collecting GBV shirts I'd do it for the casual, untucked look. Most of my shirts are long and are def meant to be tucked in (BBBF and TB).

I've read that certain fabrics/patterns run small - is this true? For instance the 'blackwatch' shirt; if I were a Medium, I'd need a Large - why is that?

this is because they don't wash the shirts till after it's been made and different fabrics shrink differently.

you could always get a shirt shortened if you really wanted.
post #3372 of 3975
Getting the long sleeve too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndependenceChi View Post

Hey Guys,

Independence has a bunch of good SS13 shirts available, which you can find here...

http://independence-chicago.com/brands/gitman-bros-vintage/

I also wanted to give you a heads up on one shirt we have that we are exclusive on in the states, which is the Panda Print. If you have been looking, we have them and have all sizes currently, but they are moving quickly. 

http://independence-chicago.com/gitman-bros-vintage-ss-shirt-panda-print/

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this particular shirt or any others we have in stock!
post #3373 of 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Getting the long sleeve too?

This is exactly what I came into this thread to ask: Who, besides Tres Bien Shop, is carrying the panda print in a long-sleeve version? Looking for a large.
post #3374 of 3975

Unfortunately, we don't have any plans to get the long sleeve. We got luckily and were able to grab a second run of them, but they are all short sleeve.

 

I don't know of anyone carrying the long sleeve, besides Tres Bien like already mentioned. I know most of this print went to Japan though.

post #3375 of 3975
Some quick pics of my recent pick ups. Got a bit carried away but loved some of the prints this season so decided to pick them up just now.

Japanese Dobby




Cherry Seersucker




Animal Aloha




Panda




I think you can take your normal size in all of these. A couple of them are a little slimmer through the body but it's nothing that would make you want to size down in my opinion just a slightly different cut. The one thing I did notice is that the sleeves on the Panda and Animal Aloha are shorter than normal. Hopefully there won't be much shrinkage with these.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage