or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 224

post #3346 of 4038
Picked up the french linen indigo shirt from south willard. returned it because it was TOO DAMN SCRATCHY (and looked too much like denim).
http://www.southwillard.com/collections/fall-2012/gitman-vintage/french-linen-indig

Went with the sky blue sea island cotton. Fucking brilliant.
http://www.southwillard.com/collections/fall-2012/gitman-vintage/blue-sea-island-cotton-short-sleeve

It's a shame, really, because I dig the lavender linen shirt
http://mohawkgeneralstore.net/products/119996650
post #3347 of 4038
A couple new shirts just popped up on Unionmade. Finally got the pineapple print I was looking for!
post #3348 of 4038
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencers View Post

Picked up the french linen indigo shirt from south willard. returned it because it was TOO DAMN SCRATCHY (and looked too much like denim).
http://www.southwillard.com/collections/fall-2012/gitman-vintage/french-linen-indig

Went with the sky blue sea island cotton. Fucking brilliant.
http://www.southwillard.com/collections/fall-2012/gitman-vintage/blue-sea-island-cotton-short-sleeve

It's a shame, really, because I dig the lavender linen shirt
http://mohawkgeneralstore.net/products/119996650
Sky blue is so bomb got mine from indigo and cotton a whole back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post

I thought I was over Gitman Vintage but I'm really loving some of the styles and prints this season. Picked up the Cherry seersucker and animal aloha from Acrimony. Have no idea how I'm going to wear the animal aloha but will give it a bash. Also really like the Japanese dobby, the pin up sailor chambray that was posted above and the panda print. Speaking of which, has anybody seen the panda print in a long sleeve anywhere. I've only seen it at End so far but they only have the short sleeve http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/gitman-vintage/gitman-vintage-ss-panda-print-shirt.html

Damn want that panda print in long sleeve too
post #3349 of 4038
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Damn want that panda print in long sleeve too

Just came across it at Tres Bien but they only have an XL left. The search goes on...
post #3350 of 4038
The panda print near sold out as soon as the Gitman drop was announced. Luckily I was able to snag one for a total of $130!
post #3351 of 4038
I especially love that TBS ordered all of their Gitman's with smaller non button down collars this year, looks smooth. I picked up the japanese dobby and the pin up from them and am mighty happy with the way they were cut as well as the overall look. I don't know if I can fuck with that Panda though, not really my thing.
post #3352 of 4038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post

Just came across it at Tres Bien but they only have an XL left. The search goes on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

The panda print near sold out as soon as the Gitman drop was announced. Luckily I was able to snag one for a total of $130!

Yeah I got that email was out start of weekend and checked this morning, had the damn TBS code too, hopefully TBS does a restock as that print is a must have

Pretty sure I can't rock it but who cares it's a perfect shirt for summer
post #3353 of 4038
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


Pretty sure I can't rock it but who cares it's a perfect shirt for summer

Ha, this is my thinking as well. I've never really worn prints before and I'm just trying to expand what I wear. I've got the aloha animal print on the way from Acrimony as well and I'm not 100% convinced I'll be able to pull off either. Gonna have fun trying though.
post #3354 of 4038
Success. I finally managed to find the Panda print at lunch time, should hopefully be here tomorrow. Found it on www.atoo.co.uk which is new to me but I think I grabbed the last one.
post #3355 of 4038
Looking to buy New/Used Purple Llama shirt in Purple, medium. PM me if you have one to sell (with price)!

post #3356 of 4038
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChance View Post

Looking to buy New/Used Purple Llama shirt in Purple, medium. PM me if you have one to sell (with price)!


Shirt fits one size small just FYI
post #3357 of 4038
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Shirt fits one size small just FYI

I know, thank you. I'm mad that I didnt pull the trigger last time it was on sale at Epaulet's celebrating his new website baldy[1].gif
post #3358 of 4038
I hate the inconsistency in sizing on these shirts - it drives me nuts.

Anyway, finally decided to go try on some GBV shirts at the local Barneys today - Medium fits pretty well, especially on the shoulders. The sleeves are about an inch too short as opposed to most mediums, body is insanely huge, and length (top/bottom) is fairly short...

Is this the same for most people?
post #3359 of 4038

rule of thumb for GBV...

 

the louder the shirt...

 

the smaller it fits..

 

...nobody buys that stuff in XL....or L even ... lol

post #3360 of 4038
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post

I hate the inconsistency in sizing on these shirts - it drives me nuts.

Anyway, finally decided to go try on some GBV shirts at the local Barneys today - Medium fits pretty well, especially on the shoulders. The sleeves are about an inch too short as opposed to most mediums, body is insanely huge, and length (top/bottom) is fairly short...

Is this the same for most people?

I wear small and I find the shoulders to fit perfectly. The sleeves for me, are about an inch too long. But I'm short and skinny. I'd like the shirts more if the body was taken in. The overall shirt length for me, is typically spot on. As far as inconsistency goes, I haven't noticed any variance in the size small shirts I own, both short and long sleeve.

A few years ago I could get away with XS, but the chest was on the tight side. Everything else was great though. I definitely couldn't do XS now.

In other news I'm kinda digging the 1979 madras at Context.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage