Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 216
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3227 of 428612/27/12 at 5:24pmQuote:
Thanks. I checked around online stores and chest sizing was alll over the place, like 3" off in some cases. Oh well, sale in my size is gone now and not paying retail. Look like a great shirt.post #3228 of 428612/27/12 at 6:21pmpost #3229 of 428612/30/12 at 7:12am
About a week ago I finally broke down and copped the GBV F/W '12 "pink/green" llama flannel shown here:
Anyway now that's it here I like it so much I've decided I must simply have the other purple colorway as well, but I can't find it anywhere in M or L. If anyone here finds it anywhere on sale and decide that they don't need it for themselves, I would appreciate a PM. Even if it's full retail I'd still be interested, as well.post #3230 of 428612/30/12 at 3:42pmpost #3231 of 428612/31/12 at 9:10ampost #3232 of 42861/6/13 at 8:15ampost #3233 of 42861/6/13 at 10:13ampost #3234 of 42861/6/13 at 10:17am
So did anyone else who purchased off the "Gitman Blue" sale at MyHabit find the shirts fit tentlike? Such a disappointment. I like the fabric on one of my shirts so much I think I'm gonna attempt to tailor it to acceptability, but the rest are going back. What's bizarre and aggravating is the wildly varying fit amongst them all; you'd expect consistent sizing by the buyers at least amongst those being sold in the same lot!post #3235 of 42861/6/13 at 10:53amThey are selling clothing en masse at clearance. I wouldn't expect much. That said, a competent tailor should be able to handle any Gitman shirt and fix it to your liking.post #3236 of 42861/6/13 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by InHocSignio
So did anyone else who purchased off the "Gitman Blue" sale at MyHabit find the shirts fit tentlike? Such a disappointment. I like the fabric on one of my shirts so much I think I'm gonna attempt to tailor it to acceptability, but the rest are going back. What's bizarre and aggravating is the wildly varying fit amongst them all; you'd expect consistent sizing by the buyers at least amongst those being sold in the same lot!
In the Gitman MyHabit sale previous to the "Gitman Blue" one, I managed to buy a few shirts (everything sold out within a few minutes) that looked like basic oxfords. The fit was spot on with other GV shirts I had purchased before, but the fabric was utterly atrocious. All three shirts came very wrinkled- they all had the look as well feel of a balled up paper towel.
I don't think they were from any F/W or S/S lineup and maybe it was a special makeup for MyHabit.post #3237 of 42861/6/13 at 1:23pm
Have not been back since the Black Friday Sale. They usually carry a previous season or two at 50% off. So around $100 per shirt. I usually wait until they go on clearance for an additional 60% - 75%.
I can post pics of sizes and designs the next time I'm out. Just a warning, size L will probably be taken ;-)post #3238 of 42861/9/13 at 6:23pmQuote:I got one as well and will be returning. Fit is no good. I've never had a gitman vintage shirt but I'd assume the fit is much better?Originally Posted by InHocSignio
So did anyone else who purchased off the "Gitman Blue" sale at MyHabit find the shirts fit tentlike? Such a disappointment. I like the fabric on one of my shirts so much I think I'm gonna attempt to tailor it to acceptability, but the rest are going back. What's bizarre and aggravating is the wildly varying fit amongst them all; you'd expect consistent sizing by the buyers at least amongst those being sold in the same lot!post #3239 of 42861/12/13 at 5:37pmJust in case anyone is selling theirs or knows of sales, I'm looking for the following shirts (all a size Large):
Black/Red buffalo check flannel
Navy Blue overdye oxford
Blue or Red oxfords (normal ones, not the overdye)
Navy blue with white pindots (don't know the exact name)
One of those amazing purple lama shirts
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 5 minutes ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...