Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 5:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 202post #3016 of 42879/3/12 at 6:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3017 of 42879/4/12 at 5:39pmpost #3018 of 42879/4/12 at 5:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by eseanyang
Just got the new FW12 blue oxford gitman, was curious about wt you guys think of the fit on me. It's not really slim, but the next size down is too small.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks a little big. The shirt drapes over the edge of your shoulders quite a bit, but it's not TOO bad. A tailor should be able to fix that. Otherwise, imo it's fine in terms of fit.post #3019 of 42879/4/12 at 6:55pmQuote:
I think the body fits fine, any slimmer you would feel uncomfortable & restricted. Maybe just the shoulder, which is not a big issue. Overall still looks goodpost #3020 of 42879/4/12 at 7:49pmpost #3021 of 42879/4/12 at 7:54pmpost #3022 of 42879/4/12 at 9:31pmpost #3023 of 42879/4/12 at 9:38pmQuote:
I haven't encountered much shrinking of my GBV shirts after washing them. Then again, I make sure to not throw them in the dryer, which seems to be the main culprit of clothes "shrinking". I just wash them machine cold and hang dry the shirts.post #3024 of 42879/4/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
Yeah no shrinkage for me, Gitman shirts are prewashed...post #3025 of 42879/4/12 at 11:16pmpost #3026 of 42879/4/12 at 11:18pmpost #3027 of 42879/4/12 at 11:22pmI mean only if they're tight in the shoulders have they stretched, but if that's the case then they're probably too small on me. I like to wear my button-downs baggier so I wear a large and I'm only 6'2" 175lbs. The body is pretty blousy on all my shirts, and I could stand to get them all tailored in the body, but I only had about half of them taken in and I enjoy the fit.post #3028 of 42879/5/12 at 11:55pmpost #3029 of 42879/6/12 at 12:12amQuote:Originally Posted by VLSI
If you get a shirt taken in from the sides, does the fabric generally come from the front or back or both? Gitman M fits me really well, except for the back being rather blousy. If I had it taken it, could a tailor simple remove fabric from the back panel to achieve a slimmed effect?
If only the back is blousy then just have darts put in.
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Bespoke England - Fine Shoes and Accessories; Official Affiliate... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina Split Toe Blucher in Brown Museum Calf. 17 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 20 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 20 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...