Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Today
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 202post #3016 of 42329/3/12 at 6:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3017 of 42329/4/12 at 5:39pmpost #3018 of 42329/4/12 at 5:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by eseanyang
Just got the new FW12 blue oxford gitman, was curious about wt you guys think of the fit on me. It's not really slim, but the next size down is too small.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks a little big. The shirt drapes over the edge of your shoulders quite a bit, but it's not TOO bad. A tailor should be able to fix that. Otherwise, imo it's fine in terms of fit.post #3019 of 42329/4/12 at 6:55pmQuote:
I think the body fits fine, any slimmer you would feel uncomfortable & restricted. Maybe just the shoulder, which is not a big issue. Overall still looks goodpost #3020 of 42329/4/12 at 7:49pmpost #3021 of 42329/4/12 at 7:54pmpost #3022 of 42329/4/12 at 9:31pmpost #3023 of 42329/4/12 at 9:38pmQuote:
I haven't encountered much shrinking of my GBV shirts after washing them. Then again, I make sure to not throw them in the dryer, which seems to be the main culprit of clothes "shrinking". I just wash them machine cold and hang dry the shirts.post #3024 of 42329/4/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
Yeah no shrinkage for me, Gitman shirts are prewashed...post #3025 of 42329/4/12 at 11:16pmpost #3026 of 42329/4/12 at 11:18pmpost #3027 of 42329/4/12 at 11:22pmI mean only if they're tight in the shoulders have they stretched, but if that's the case then they're probably too small on me. I like to wear my button-downs baggier so I wear a large and I'm only 6'2" 175lbs. The body is pretty blousy on all my shirts, and I could stand to get them all tailored in the body, but I only had about half of them taken in and I enjoy the fit.post #3028 of 42329/5/12 at 11:55pmpost #3029 of 42329/6/12 at 12:12amQuote:Originally Posted by VLSI
If you get a shirt taken in from the sides, does the fabric generally come from the front or back or both? Gitman M fits me really well, except for the back being rather blousy. If I had it taken it, could a tailor simple remove fabric from the back panel to achieve a slimmed effect?
If only the back is blousy then just have darts put in.
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots Iron Ranger style# 4584 -- size 11.5D -- near new 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots Gentleman Traveler style# 9016 -- size 11.5D -- near... 10 minutes ago
- › ***4th Annual SF 2014-2015 YAHOO! FANTASY B-BALL FANTASY LEAGUES... 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...