Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 1:58 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 202post #3016 of 43389/3/12 at 6:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3017 of 43389/4/12 at 5:39pmpost #3018 of 43389/4/12 at 5:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by eseanyang
Just got the new FW12 blue oxford gitman, was curious about wt you guys think of the fit on me. It's not really slim, but the next size down is too small.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks a little big. The shirt drapes over the edge of your shoulders quite a bit, but it's not TOO bad. A tailor should be able to fix that. Otherwise, imo it's fine in terms of fit.post #3019 of 43389/4/12 at 6:55pmQuote:
I think the body fits fine, any slimmer you would feel uncomfortable & restricted. Maybe just the shoulder, which is not a big issue. Overall still looks goodpost #3020 of 43389/4/12 at 7:49pmpost #3021 of 43389/4/12 at 7:54pmpost #3022 of 43389/4/12 at 9:31pmpost #3023 of 43389/4/12 at 9:38pmQuote:
I haven't encountered much shrinking of my GBV shirts after washing them. Then again, I make sure to not throw them in the dryer, which seems to be the main culprit of clothes "shrinking". I just wash them machine cold and hang dry the shirts.post #3024 of 43389/4/12 at 10:37pmQuote:
Yeah no shrinkage for me, Gitman shirts are prewashed...post #3025 of 43389/4/12 at 11:16pmpost #3026 of 43389/4/12 at 11:18pmpost #3027 of 43389/4/12 at 11:22pmI mean only if they're tight in the shoulders have they stretched, but if that's the case then they're probably too small on me. I like to wear my button-downs baggier so I wear a large and I'm only 6'2" 175lbs. The body is pretty blousy on all my shirts, and I could stand to get them all tailored in the body, but I only had about half of them taken in and I enjoy the fit.post #3028 of 43389/5/12 at 11:55pmpost #3029 of 43389/6/12 at 12:12amQuote:Originally Posted by VLSI
If you get a shirt taken in from the sides, does the fabric generally come from the front or back or both? Gitman M fits me really well, except for the back being rather blousy. If I had it taken it, could a tailor simple remove fabric from the back panel to achieve a slimmed effect?
If only the back is blousy then just have darts put in.
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 18 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 55 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...