Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/26/15 at 3:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- Slim fit clothing for a really short guy (5'4") Last post on 8/22/13 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 202
Styleforum Top Picks
Just got the new FW12 blue oxford gitman, was curious about wt you guys think of the fit on me. It's not really slim, but the next size down is too small.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Looks a little big. The shirt drapes over the edge of your shoulders quite a bit, but it's not TOO bad. A tailor should be able to fix that. Otherwise, imo it's fine in terms of fit.
I think the body fits fine, any slimmer you would feel uncomfortable & restricted. Maybe just the shoulder, which is not a big issue. Overall still looks good
I haven't encountered much shrinking of my GBV shirts after washing them. Then again, I make sure to not throw them in the dryer, which seems to be the main culprit of clothes "shrinking". I just wash them machine cold and hang dry the shirts.
Yeah no shrinkage for me, Gitman shirts are prewashed...
If you get a shirt taken in from the sides, does the fabric generally come from the front or back or both? Gitman M fits me really well, except for the back being rather blousy. If I had it taken it, could a tailor simple remove fabric from the back panel to achieve a slimmed effect?
If only the back is blousy then just have darts put in.
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 19 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 28 seconds ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 40 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 56 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 1 minute ago
- › LeatherFoot: Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...