or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 196

post #2926 of 3814
That's pretty much how GBV fits. The box pleat is stupid.
post #2927 of 3814
Sure this has been covered but what is the best way to fix this at the tailor?
post #2928 of 3814
Removal of box pleat or darts.
post #2929 of 3814

darts

post #2930 of 3814
I"m sure the quality of the shirts are good, but what's the sense in spending $100+ on a shirt that still needs to be tailored at the end of the day? Untucked it might look ok.

My h&m shirt first better than what I seen from the pics on here.
post #2931 of 3814
I like the Gitman fit. I'm very much over the super slim fitted look and if that is what you're looking for there are plenty of other brands that do that very well. Gitman isn't trying to be that type of shirt I don't think, they are more relaxed, looser, and more of a traditional american fit. For a while I thought they were too baggy but I've grown to like their fit a lot over time.
post #2932 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbe View Post

Sure this has been covered but what is the best way to fix this at the tailor?

SIDE darts.
post #2933 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

I"m sure the quality of the shirts are good, but what's the sense in spending $100+ on a shirt that still needs to be tailored at the end of the day? Untucked it might look ok.
My h&m shirt first better than what I seen from the pics on here.

That's pretty much where I'm at. if I'm going to spend $150-200 on a shirt, might as well go MTM or even bespoke. The biggest issue is finding the right fabrics, though. Now, my $30 Gitmans I picked up at Off 5th, no complaints.. smile.gif
post #2934 of 3814
^ Fabrics. Gitman uses awesome fabrics, plus construction is always solid.

Who is spending more than $100 on shitty basics like stripes and plaids and solids? There's Uniqlo for that. Uniqlo, however, doesn't have llamas or dragonflies or sick florals.
post #2935 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

^ Fabrics. Gitman uses awesome fabrics, plus construction is always solid.
Who is spending more than $100 on shitty basics like stripes and plaids and solids? There's Uniqlo for that. Uniqlo, however, doesn't have llamas or dragonflies or sick florals.

This is should have been said long ago.
post #2936 of 3814
darts with a box pleat looks horrendous idk why you dudes are recommending that...only think you can do is taper it more from the side seams or close the box pleat (which doesnt look too good to me either)
post #2937 of 3814
When you get it darted, you remove the box pleat...
post #2938 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

^ Fabrics. Gitman uses awesome fabrics, plus construction is always solid.
Who is spending more than $100 on shitty basics like stripes and plaids and solids? There's Uniqlo for that. Uniqlo, however, doesn't have llamas or dragonflies or sick florals.

Actually, I'd guess a fair amount of people grab the Gitman basics (I'm one of them). I'm required to wear black at work, and I've pretty much been using two Gitman black/grey chambray shirts for about 2 years now, and they've shown no signs of breaking down/fading yet. I work 6 days a week, about 8-10 hours each day, in a pretty active role (not sitting in an office). I don't own any Uniqlo to say if they hold up well to the same daily wear I need from a shirt.. But yes, Gitman thus far has the best fabrics and construction for a pretty for the prices you can usually get them at.
post #2939 of 3814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feji View Post


Actually, I'd guess a fair amount of people grab the Gitman basics (I'm one of them). I'm required to wear black at work, and I've pretty much been using two Gitman black/grey chambray shirts for about 2 years now, and they've shown no signs of breaking down/fading yet. I work 6 days a week, about 8-10 hours each day, in a pretty active role (not sitting in an office). I don't own any Uniqlo to say if they hold up well to the same daily wear I need from a shirt.. But yes, Gitman thus far has the best fabrics and construction for a pretty for the prices you can usually get them at.

 

This is good to hear. I got my first GBV shirt recently and was hesitant to wear it too frequently, and thought I'd just wear them once every other week. Guess I will now wear it more often, thanks!

post #2940 of 3814
The prints and patterns are the eye catching shirts, but I see no reason not to get the basic oxfords if you like the fit. I like that the fit is a little more relaxed than BoO and I am in between sizes for Epaulet, so GBV is my go to
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage