Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 12:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 192post #2866 of 43387/8/12 at 11:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2867 of 43387/8/12 at 11:14ampost #2868 of 43387/8/12 at 11:49ampost #2869 of 43387/8/12 at 11:58am
This is mostly the case. $150 is pretty much the highest limit I'd pay for GBV, which is very rarely, and this only applies to patterns I really, really like (Dragonfly, florals). Even then, it seems pretty much every shirt makes it on sale.post #2870 of 43387/8/12 at 3:55pmI've been hitting the gym pretty consistently for a couple months now - thusly I am now between sizes. Small is just a tad too tight and medium (at least most of them) fit like a tent. Weird.
I was able to pull off some of the Japanese fabrics in medium and somehow the short sleeve seem to be better. I'll have to commit to gaining that extra 5 lbs and just go medium from now on.post #2871 of 43387/8/12 at 3:55pmpost #2872 of 43387/8/12 at 5:40pmQuote:
Paid anywhere from $90 ( solid color ocbd) to almost $200 for a design that I find really appealing, and that won't last till sale season. BOO may be overpriced and I routinely pay $150 for their shirts on sale, but the cut looks MTM on me ...post #2873 of 43387/8/12 at 5:48pm
Net is without shipping, VAT and customs. And gross is with all the things i mentioned.
I can never buy a GBV shirt for under $100 because of my location, where they don't even sell GBV shirts, so I have to import the shirts and pay the fees. The cheapest Gitman shirt I ever bought was from MyHabit and the gross amount was $111.post #2874 of 43387/8/12 at 7:31pmpost #2875 of 43387/8/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
I like GBV shirts better than BoO. BoO's sides are cut too high and short it often ends up looking strange. Their fabrics are weak at times too.
I tend to get my GBV shirts with a full pleat down the center, removing the original box pleat. It pretty much becomes my perfect shirts: great quality fabrics, relatively cheap including alterations, and length that is suitable to my tastes.post #2876 of 43387/8/12 at 8:51pmpost #2877 of 43387/8/12 at 11:41pmQuote:
I think he means he gets the Gitman shirts pleated like BoO, with that thick double sided pleat down the middlepost #2878 of 43387/9/12 at 5:56am^^ Yes, thanks for making that clearer. By removing the pleat this way, the shirt becomes quite a bit slimmer throughout (since you're essentially taking away 1-2 inches of fabric). Removal of the original pleat without doing the BoO thing is possible as well and makes the shirt have a good silhouette, but this is much more time consuming and thus, more expensive.
I think the lower body is fine, I don't have much of a problem with the scalloped hem flaring like some people do, I guess. My problem is the upper body...the original pleat is so fucking big that it just looks awful from any angle that isn't looking straight at the front. It's specifically Gitman too, I have OL and Nanamica shirts with box pleats that aren't nearly as gigantic.post #2879 of 43387/9/12 at 8:03am
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › What college did you go/do you go to? 2 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Galway 11/11.5 uk price reduced 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...