Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:23 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:49 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 192post #2866 of 42837/8/12 at 11:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2867 of 42837/8/12 at 11:14ampost #2868 of 42837/8/12 at 11:49ampost #2869 of 42837/8/12 at 11:58am
This is mostly the case. $150 is pretty much the highest limit I'd pay for GBV, which is very rarely, and this only applies to patterns I really, really like (Dragonfly, florals). Even then, it seems pretty much every shirt makes it on sale.post #2870 of 42837/8/12 at 3:55pmI've been hitting the gym pretty consistently for a couple months now - thusly I am now between sizes. Small is just a tad too tight and medium (at least most of them) fit like a tent. Weird.
I was able to pull off some of the Japanese fabrics in medium and somehow the short sleeve seem to be better. I'll have to commit to gaining that extra 5 lbs and just go medium from now on.post #2871 of 42837/8/12 at 3:55pmpost #2872 of 42837/8/12 at 5:40pmQuote:
Paid anywhere from $90 ( solid color ocbd) to almost $200 for a design that I find really appealing, and that won't last till sale season. BOO may be overpriced and I routinely pay $150 for their shirts on sale, but the cut looks MTM on me ...post #2873 of 42837/8/12 at 5:48pm
Net is without shipping, VAT and customs. And gross is with all the things i mentioned.
I can never buy a GBV shirt for under $100 because of my location, where they don't even sell GBV shirts, so I have to import the shirts and pay the fees. The cheapest Gitman shirt I ever bought was from MyHabit and the gross amount was $111.post #2874 of 42837/8/12 at 7:31pmpost #2875 of 42837/8/12 at 7:39pmQuote:
I like GBV shirts better than BoO. BoO's sides are cut too high and short it often ends up looking strange. Their fabrics are weak at times too.
I tend to get my GBV shirts with a full pleat down the center, removing the original box pleat. It pretty much becomes my perfect shirts: great quality fabrics, relatively cheap including alterations, and length that is suitable to my tastes.post #2876 of 42837/8/12 at 8:51pmpost #2877 of 42837/8/12 at 11:41pmQuote:
I think he means he gets the Gitman shirts pleated like BoO, with that thick double sided pleat down the middlepost #2878 of 42837/9/12 at 5:56am^^ Yes, thanks for making that clearer. By removing the pleat this way, the shirt becomes quite a bit slimmer throughout (since you're essentially taking away 1-2 inches of fabric). Removal of the original pleat without doing the BoO thing is possible as well and makes the shirt have a good silhouette, but this is much more time consuming and thus, more expensive.
I think the lower body is fine, I don't have much of a problem with the scalloped hem flaring like some people do, I guess. My problem is the upper body...the original pleat is so fucking big that it just looks awful from any angle that isn't looking straight at the front. It's specifically Gitman too, I have OL and Nanamica shirts with box pleats that aren't nearly as gigantic.post #2879 of 42837/9/12 at 8:03am
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 25 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 51 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 8 minutes ago
- › Need help finding these Shoes/Boots 11 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan