Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- Slim fit clothing for a really short guy (5'4") Last post on 8/22/13 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- College Wardrobe- What to wear? Last post on 8/30/13 at 11:02am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 192
Styleforum Top Picks
This is mostly the case. $150 is pretty much the highest limit I'd pay for GBV, which is very rarely, and this only applies to patterns I really, really like (Dragonfly, florals). Even then, it seems pretty much every shirt makes it on sale.
I was able to pull off some of the Japanese fabrics in medium and somehow the short sleeve seem to be better. I'll have to commit to gaining that extra 5 lbs and just go medium from now on.
Paid anywhere from $90 ( solid color ocbd) to almost $200 for a design that I find really appealing, and that won't last till sale season. BOO may be overpriced and I routinely pay $150 for their shirts on sale, but the cut looks MTM on me ...
Net is without shipping, VAT and customs. And gross is with all the things i mentioned.
I can never buy a GBV shirt for under $100 because of my location, where they don't even sell GBV shirts, so I have to import the shirts and pay the fees. The cheapest Gitman shirt I ever bought was from MyHabit and the gross amount was $111.
I like GBV shirts better than BoO. BoO's sides are cut too high and short it often ends up looking strange. Their fabrics are weak at times too.
I tend to get my GBV shirts with a full pleat down the center, removing the original box pleat. It pretty much becomes my perfect shirts: great quality fabrics, relatively cheap including alterations, and length that is suitable to my tastes.
I think he means he gets the Gitman shirts pleated like BoO, with that thick double sided pleat down the middle
I think the lower body is fine, I don't have much of a problem with the scalloped hem flaring like some people do, I guess. My problem is the upper body...the original pleat is so fucking big that it just looks awful from any angle that isn't looking straight at the front. It's specifically Gitman too, I have OL and Nanamica shirts with box pleats that aren't nearly as gigantic.
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › So long, A Suitable Wardrobe... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Official Black Friday Sale Alert Central 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...