Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:38 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 4/17/15 at 7:43pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 191post #2851 of 42687/3/12 at 4:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2852 of 42687/3/12 at 4:15pm
MrPorter has 50% off on Gitmans.
South Willard has 70% off on some Gitmans.
What's the difference between these three shirts?
They have the same name, but come in three different colours and they have the same stripes.
But the pictures shows that they have different fits and lengths. I am not sure if they just took the picture like that, or the shirts have differences. So do you guys have any experiences about these shirts? Also I just received a fine stripe shirt in light blue (not the shirt in these pictures), which is very fit and I like it.
Edited by Dingusberry - 7/3/12 at 8:11pmpost #2853 of 42687/4/12 at 1:06pm
I have this issue too. On some shirts the difference is negligible, but there is one where it's as big as on yours.
That's the only brand I've bought that has this issue.
Another evidence of their workmanship can be seen on the "native stripe" shirt, where the stripes are not symmetrical on the sleeves, collar and yoke.
But don't worry about your shirt being shoddily made, embrace it as "unique heritage artisan authentic appearance".Quote:Originally Posted by luker
I recently bought a navy overdyed,haven got to wear it yet. I've noticed the length on one side of the shirt is longer than the other (shall let the pictures do the talking...)
apologies for the poor image...
button up to the last button,one side is longer than the other...anyone has the same issue with their shirts?post #2854 of 42687/5/12 at 11:13ampost #2855 of 42687/5/12 at 3:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by tonio028
I am a BB1 in Black Fleece, small in Gitman Vintage, and 15-33 in the Extra Slim Fit BB shirts for comparison. The sleeves on Gitman are generally a tad on the short side, but since I generally roll up my sleeves I don't find it to be an issue. If you plan to pair it with suit or blazer, it could be more noticeable.
Thanks for your feedback.
I ordered sz. Small. I like OCBD with sport coat. Will see when received.post #2856 of 42687/7/12 at 11:07ampost #2857 of 42687/7/12 at 2:12pmpost #2858 of 42687/7/12 at 4:14pm
I got mine today from Acrimony also, first pair of GBV's. The fit was surprisingly slim (in a good way). Might be a little long though, but I think I may still be able to pull it off without tucking it in.
On a unrelated note, I also got a pair of blue chambray sneakers from Pointer. They look SICK!!post #2859 of 42687/7/12 at 6:44pmpost #2860 of 42687/7/12 at 6:55pmpost #2861 of 42687/7/12 at 7:36pm
Yes. It is dope. I like it, don't love the price, but then again there are other shirts with far less great materials for more. I've checked it out in person, it is an especially nice GBV piece.post #2862 of 42687/8/12 at 12:06ampost #2863 of 42687/8/12 at 9:40ampost #2864 of 42687/8/12 at 10:21ampost #2865 of 42687/8/12 at 10:42am
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › All Saints Knitwear Quality? 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Modern Tailor Custom Suits 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Mozart Bespoke - Central, Hong Kong from TPR 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 9 minutes ago
- › lefty's random dog thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan