Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:53 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/11/15 at 9:33am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 191post #2851 of 43177/3/12 at 4:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2852 of 43177/3/12 at 4:15pm
MrPorter has 50% off on Gitmans.
South Willard has 70% off on some Gitmans.
What's the difference between these three shirts?
They have the same name, but come in three different colours and they have the same stripes.
But the pictures shows that they have different fits and lengths. I am not sure if they just took the picture like that, or the shirts have differences. So do you guys have any experiences about these shirts? Also I just received a fine stripe shirt in light blue (not the shirt in these pictures), which is very fit and I like it.
Edited by Dingusberry - 7/3/12 at 8:11pmpost #2853 of 43177/4/12 at 1:06pm
I have this issue too. On some shirts the difference is negligible, but there is one where it's as big as on yours.
That's the only brand I've bought that has this issue.
Another evidence of their workmanship can be seen on the "native stripe" shirt, where the stripes are not symmetrical on the sleeves, collar and yoke.
But don't worry about your shirt being shoddily made, embrace it as "unique heritage artisan authentic appearance".Quote:Originally Posted by luker
I recently bought a navy overdyed,haven got to wear it yet. I've noticed the length on one side of the shirt is longer than the other (shall let the pictures do the talking...)
apologies for the poor image...
button up to the last button,one side is longer than the other...anyone has the same issue with their shirts?post #2854 of 43177/5/12 at 11:13ampost #2855 of 43177/5/12 at 3:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by tonio028
I am a BB1 in Black Fleece, small in Gitman Vintage, and 15-33 in the Extra Slim Fit BB shirts for comparison. The sleeves on Gitman are generally a tad on the short side, but since I generally roll up my sleeves I don't find it to be an issue. If you plan to pair it with suit or blazer, it could be more noticeable.
Thanks for your feedback.
I ordered sz. Small. I like OCBD with sport coat. Will see when received.post #2856 of 43177/7/12 at 11:07ampost #2857 of 43177/7/12 at 2:12pmpost #2858 of 43177/7/12 at 4:14pm
I got mine today from Acrimony also, first pair of GBV's. The fit was surprisingly slim (in a good way). Might be a little long though, but I think I may still be able to pull it off without tucking it in.
On a unrelated note, I also got a pair of blue chambray sneakers from Pointer. They look SICK!!post #2859 of 43177/7/12 at 6:44pmpost #2860 of 43177/7/12 at 6:55pmpost #2861 of 43177/7/12 at 7:36pm
Yes. It is dope. I like it, don't love the price, but then again there are other shirts with far less great materials for more. I've checked it out in person, it is an especially nice GBV piece.post #2862 of 43177/8/12 at 12:06ampost #2863 of 43177/8/12 at 9:40ampost #2864 of 43177/8/12 at 10:21ampost #2865 of 43177/8/12 at 10:42am
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 31 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › NWOB 11D Sutor Mantelassi Leather High-Top Sneakers 5 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 14 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Short sleeve dress shirts, are they ever ok? 17 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 18 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth