My listing even says where I bought it, no secrets. First one sold quickly. Second is lingering.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- Slim fit clothing for a really short guy (5'4") Last post on 8/22/13 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- College Wardrobe- What to wear? Last post on 8/30/13 at 11:02am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 189
Styleforum Top Picks
How would you compare a GV (OCBD) sz. Small to a Brooks Brothers Black Fleece or standard BB?
I usually take BB1 (for Black Fleece) and Small or 15/33-34 for others shirts.
I'm afraid Small could fit too small or short (especially the sleeves).
Thanks for your help.
I am a BB1 in Black Fleece, small in Gitman Vintage, and 15-33 in the Extra Slim Fit BB shirts for comparison. The sleeves on Gitman are generally a tad on the short side, but since I generally roll up my sleeves I don't find it to be an issue. If you plan to pair it with suit or blazer, it could be more noticeable.
I recently bought a navy overdyed,haven got to wear it yet. I've noticed the length on one side of the shirt is longer than the other (shall let the pictures do the talking...)
apologies for the poor image...
button up to the last button,one side is longer than the other...anyone has the same issue with their shirts?
As much as I enjoy wearing the couple of Gitman shirts I own, I can't help but think we are at the peak of a 'Gitman bubble' right now. Demand is high and they can be found nearly everywhere, but, really, I think the quality has never quite matched the retail price. I haven't been that impressed with the cut and construction of Gitman shirts. I know of at least a couple shops that have taken the Gitman Vintage cut and made some adjustments (smaller armholes, longer sides, slightly shorter collar, better construction) to offer a much better shirt, often at a lower price.
The MyHabit sale hasn't helped, either. It seems like Gitman sold off the odds and ends, including the irregulars, to HyHabit, which sent out random shirts to some people in the wrong color or sleeve length or odd cut. Hell, even Inventory doesn't currently sell Gitman, which must mean it's on its way out. (8)
Edit: and only an hour later, I buy another shirt I've been wanting a couple more summer shirts, and this linen stripe caught my eye.
Edited by zissou - 7/2/12 at 11:12am
FYI, Acrimony sent an email with an extra 25% off code- SAVE25
Most shirts are about $90 shipped.
Not having read the entire thread, and no owning a single Girman shirt, I purchased one from Acrimony for around $80 plus with Pointer shoes.
Should have thought about it before I pulled the plug, but how is the fit and quality on these shirts? I assume they're SF approved as there is an entire thread where people seem to really like the brand.
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 45 seconds ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › dior homme windbreaker jacket size 48 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforummarket MTO Makeup: Brown CXL Derby 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous denim 8 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 8 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw