My listing even says where I bought it, no secrets. First one sold quickly. Second is lingering.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- Slim fit clothing for a really short guy (5'4") Last post on 12/12/12 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear
- College Wardrobe- What to wear? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:24am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 189
How would you compare a GV (OCBD) sz. Small to a Brooks Brothers Black Fleece or standard BB?
I usually take BB1 (for Black Fleece) and Small or 15/33-34 for others shirts.
I'm afraid Small could fit too small or short (especially the sleeves).
Thanks for your help.
I am a BB1 in Black Fleece, small in Gitman Vintage, and 15-33 in the Extra Slim Fit BB shirts for comparison. The sleeves on Gitman are generally a tad on the short side, but since I generally roll up my sleeves I don't find it to be an issue. If you plan to pair it with suit or blazer, it could be more noticeable.
I recently bought a navy overdyed,haven got to wear it yet. I've noticed the length on one side of the shirt is longer than the other (shall let the pictures do the talking...)
apologies for the poor image...
button up to the last button,one side is longer than the other...anyone has the same issue with their shirts?
As much as I enjoy wearing the couple of Gitman shirts I own, I can't help but think we are at the peak of a 'Gitman bubble' right now. Demand is high and they can be found nearly everywhere, but, really, I think the quality has never quite matched the retail price. I haven't been that impressed with the cut and construction of Gitman shirts. I know of at least a couple shops that have taken the Gitman Vintage cut and made some adjustments (smaller armholes, longer sides, slightly shorter collar, better construction) to offer a much better shirt, often at a lower price.
The MyHabit sale hasn't helped, either. It seems like Gitman sold off the odds and ends, including the irregulars, to HyHabit, which sent out random shirts to some people in the wrong color or sleeve length or odd cut. Hell, even Inventory doesn't currently sell Gitman, which must mean it's on its way out. (8)
Edit: and only an hour later, I buy another shirt I've been wanting a couple more summer shirts, and this linen stripe caught my eye.
Edited by zissou - 7/2/12 at 11:12am
FYI, Acrimony sent an email with an extra 25% off code- SAVE25
Most shirts are about $90 shipped.
Not having read the entire thread, and no owning a single Girman shirt, I purchased one from Acrimony for around $80 plus with Pointer shoes.
Should have thought about it before I pulled the plug, but how is the fit and quality on these shirts? I assume they're SF approved as there is an entire thread where people seem to really like the brand.
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
- › Belvest Suit and Jacket 23 seconds ago
- › Buying my first suit 49 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 58 seconds ago
- › Best BLACK dress shoes for < $100??? 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 13 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 13 minutes ago
- › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013... 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 19 minutes ago
- › Introducing D.C. Lewis Footwear - Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear) by alyssaw
- › What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12 by skehoe