Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 4:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 176post #2626 of 42876/13/12 at 12:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2627 of 42876/13/12 at 12:24ampost #2628 of 42876/13/12 at 12:30amYeah I almost didn't get it because I have a couple grayish chambray's from years past but than I realized that none of them felt like this and the little flecks are actually quite noticeable so it worked out in the end, can't wait to see the fall stuff, dude told me Gitman is taking it to a whole different level next season.post #2629 of 42876/13/12 at 12:43ampost #2630 of 42876/13/12 at 12:53amThe quintessential summer shirt. I would have bought the blue one but could only budget one today not to mention I already have the GV ocean chambray and two other linen/chambray blend shirts that are also light blue. I would recommend it in a heartbeat, it's unbelievably soft and the color is gorgeous.post #2631 of 42876/13/12 at 1:02amQuote:Originally Posted by ThomSquared
The quintessential summer shirt. I would have bought the blue one but could only budget one today not to mention I already have the GV ocean chambray and two other linen/chambray blend shirts that are also light blue. I would recommend it in a heartbeat, it's unbelievably soft and the color is gorgeous.
Thanks. Damn, that flecked looks nice though toopost #2632 of 42876/13/12 at 6:48pmpost #2633 of 42876/14/12 at 7:16ampost #2634 of 42876/14/12 at 7:47ampost #2635 of 42876/14/12 at 9:26ampost #2636 of 42876/14/12 at 12:57pmpost #2637 of 42876/14/12 at 5:56pm
The threads they use for buttonhole stitching feel too hard for the shirts' fabrics. In fact, one side of the buttonhole stitching tore away on one of my GV shirts when I pulled it from the rather tight-fitting jeans I was wearing.
Another GV shirt, which I got today from Context, had a botched extra line of stitching on the hem of the sleeve (it was a short-sleeved one). I just removed it, but this is really unacceptable for an item with a retail price this high and the fact that I bought it on sale doesn't matter.post #2638 of 42876/14/12 at 6:16pmI semi agree. Almost all of my gitman shirts have had QC issues, both at retail and at a discount. Not to mention that the fit differs drastically on all of them. I love the thickness of the oxford cloth and the high collar, but sometimes it makes me shake my head that I drop so much on a shirt that has these issues...post #2639 of 42876/14/12 at 6:40pmpost #2640 of 42876/14/12 at 6:52pm
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › The Teacher Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Paris restaurants 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects F/W '13-'14 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...