Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 1:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 176post #2626 of 42866/13/12 at 12:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2627 of 42866/13/12 at 12:24ampost #2628 of 42866/13/12 at 12:30amYeah I almost didn't get it because I have a couple grayish chambray's from years past but than I realized that none of them felt like this and the little flecks are actually quite noticeable so it worked out in the end, can't wait to see the fall stuff, dude told me Gitman is taking it to a whole different level next season.post #2629 of 42866/13/12 at 12:43ampost #2630 of 42866/13/12 at 12:53amThe quintessential summer shirt. I would have bought the blue one but could only budget one today not to mention I already have the GV ocean chambray and two other linen/chambray blend shirts that are also light blue. I would recommend it in a heartbeat, it's unbelievably soft and the color is gorgeous.post #2631 of 42866/13/12 at 1:02amQuote:Originally Posted by ThomSquared
The quintessential summer shirt. I would have bought the blue one but could only budget one today not to mention I already have the GV ocean chambray and two other linen/chambray blend shirts that are also light blue. I would recommend it in a heartbeat, it's unbelievably soft and the color is gorgeous.
Thanks. Damn, that flecked looks nice though toopost #2632 of 42866/13/12 at 6:48pmpost #2633 of 42866/14/12 at 7:16ampost #2634 of 42866/14/12 at 7:47ampost #2635 of 42866/14/12 at 9:26ampost #2636 of 42866/14/12 at 12:57pmpost #2637 of 42866/14/12 at 5:56pm
The threads they use for buttonhole stitching feel too hard for the shirts' fabrics. In fact, one side of the buttonhole stitching tore away on one of my GV shirts when I pulled it from the rather tight-fitting jeans I was wearing.
Another GV shirt, which I got today from Context, had a botched extra line of stitching on the hem of the sleeve (it was a short-sleeved one). I just removed it, but this is really unacceptable for an item with a retail price this high and the fact that I bought it on sale doesn't matter.post #2638 of 42866/14/12 at 6:16pmI semi agree. Almost all of my gitman shirts have had QC issues, both at retail and at a discount. Not to mention that the fit differs drastically on all of them. I love the thickness of the oxford cloth and the high collar, but sometimes it makes me shake my head that I drop so much on a shirt that has these issues...post #2639 of 42866/14/12 at 6:40pmpost #2640 of 42866/14/12 at 6:52pm
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › ToJ Fishtail S | SS Chandler IV | SS Double Alpaca Jacket IV 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › OAK ROOM - Gentlemen`s Shoe Store - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 14 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 18 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 22 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...