or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 158

post #2356 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplefuturist View Post

I’m after a few more oxfords (or other casual shirts). I really like Gitman, but I don’t have much money. Does anybody have any recommendations for cheaper labels that fit similar? I live in Australia so I’ll probably need to order online. I don’t mind using the classifieds on SF to experiment a bit… I just need to know what to be on the lookout for.

Wait til the end of the season and get a few Our Legacy shirts at 40% off from their website. Or from other sites such as Tres Bien Shop and Mr Porter. Similar look to Gitman, slightly more relaxed fit. I prefer them as their collars are a little smaller and their patterns nicer. Gitman is either super preppy or a bit too crazy. The only great in-betweens are their plaids... like the awesome blackwatch one last season.

Gitman are rarely available on sale at decent prices in good sizes. OL are pretty easy to get though.
post #2357 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post

I think Gitman might be doing a second run of popular styles. Or it's extra fabric like you said. They're bringing back the camo shirt as well (minus the contrasting collar/cuff).
Git-6.jpg
http://www.endclothing.co.uk/blog/gitman-vintage-ss12/

cool, never like contrasting collars anyways. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2358 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake3030 View Post


Wait til the end of the season and get a few Our Legacy shirts at 40% off from their website. Or from other sites such as Tres Bien Shop and Mr Porter. Similar look to Gitman, slightly more relaxed fit. I prefer them as their collars are a little smaller and their patterns nicer. Gitman is either super preppy or a bit too crazy. The only great in-betweens are their plaids... like the awesome blackwatch one last season.
Gitman are rarely available on sale at decent prices in good sizes. OL are pretty easy to get though.


Thanks for the tip. I have a decent bookmarks folder going now so I guess it’s just a matter of waiting around. I actually bought an Our Legacy sweatshirt a few seasons back and found it big. Are their shirts similar? If a small Gitman fits me perfect, should I be leaning towards a XS with OL? They don’t provide measurements on their website.

 

I’m only just beginning to build my wardrobe with simple, but not too cheap basics like solid white, blue, casual shirts. I don’t have much money so I’m trying to start with versatile items. Getting hold of something as simple as a blue oxford has been a pain for me. I’m also very thin at the moment (58kg), and I’m looking at trying to put on some weight soon, hence why I don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on shirts that’ll possibly outgrow.

 

Anyway, this post belongs more in the “Ultimate noob thread” now.


Edited by maplefuturist - 2/21/12 at 5:00am
post #2359 of 3813
zebra short sleeve kopped from tbs
post #2360 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake3030 View Post

Wait til the end of the season and get a few Our Legacy shirts at 40% off from their website. Or from other sites such as Tres Bien Shop and Mr Porter. Similar look to Gitman, slightly more relaxed fit. I prefer them as their collars are a little smaller and their patterns nicer. Gitman is either super preppy or a bit too crazy. The only great in-betweens are their plaids... like the awesome blackwatch one last season.
Gitman are rarely available on sale at decent prices in good sizes. OL are pretty easy to get though.

Problem with OL is the fit is pretty random for a lot of shirts. You can get every seasonal print on sale at Barneys at first/second drop to $109 for sure, decent shot to get it at $69 final drop as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-t View Post

zebra short sleeve kopped from tbs

Wish TBS bought the nautical print
post #2361 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino19 View Post

Does anyone feels that the SS12 collection is a slimmer fit? I bought the Indigo polka dot & is slimmer than usual. 

This is a good question. I would be interested in what others have observed. I only tried on the polka dot quickly at Barney's, but it seemed to be pretty close to normal. It may have been slightly slimmer but I thought it still fit okay. However, I ordered one of the horizontal stripe shirts in my normal size and it is a bit too slim for me (although I doubt enough for sizing up to help). Are others finding this season largely in line with the past few or slimmer yet? Also, are there any specific shirts that are tending to run small/large (like the japanese tartans or whatever last season)?
post #2362 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post

Fall/Winter 2012


gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-04.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-11.jpg



 


definitely been on the hunt for a buttondown buffalo check so that's a must, was looking for a nice grey BD too but that glen plaid peeking out from behind is something I didn't see coming and might be an instakop

post #2363 of 3813
^that plaid behind the buffalo plaid one is really nice, I hadn't noticed that.
post #2364 of 3813
Does anyone own or have pics of the white polka dot shirt (I saw it on tbs but the pics were too bright and it looked just like a white shirt...)... Wanna know how much the polka dots stand out
post #2365 of 3813
Context has it in both long and short sleeve with some good pics of both, check them out. Having seen that shirt in person as well I'd say their pics are pretty accurate.
post #2366 of 3813
There's a nwt white Gitman oxford in medium on eBay for a very good BIN price. I just paid $10 more a week ago.
post #2367 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorman View Post

There's a nwt white Gitman oxford in medium on eBay for a very good BIN price. I just paid $10 more a week ago.

Good price but for the staple white and blue I'd just pony up the extra $70 and get the Thom Browne one, cut is better IMO
post #2368 of 3813
Both of the GV shirts I bought fit my body well... except for the top button (not the collar) being far too high up and close to my neck. None of the other shirts I own have this problem. Any idea why or what this problem is called?
post #2369 of 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by iotan View Post

This is a good question. I would be interested in what others have observed. I only tried on the polka dot quickly at Barney's, but it seemed to be pretty close to normal. It may have been slightly slimmer but I thought it still fit okay. However, I ordered one of the horizontal stripe shirts in my normal size and it is a bit too slim for me (although I doubt enough for sizing up to help). Are others finding this season largely in line with the past few or slimmer yet? Also, are there any specific shirts that are tending to run small/large (like the japanese tartans or whatever last season)?


I bought the navy gingham poplin from Context the other week. Fits about right. I'm a medium in the oxfords and took a medium in the gingham.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1445 View Post

definitely been on the hunt for a buttondown buffalo check so that's a must, was looking for a nice grey BD too but that glen plaid peeking out from behind is something I didn't see coming and might be an instakop

I'm all about that buffalo check too. Didn't even notice the glen plaid in the background, but that thing is perfect too. I hope they are both that heavyweight cotton flannel they did this year in the two grey oxfords.
post #2370 of 3813
Any retailers stateside stock the Zebra L/S shirt in M?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage