Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 139post #2071 of 428312/5/11 at 12:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2072 of 428312/5/11 at 12:55pmpost #2073 of 428312/5/11 at 1:16pmpost #2074 of 428312/5/11 at 2:14pmThe fit is near identical to the polo custom (slim) fit oxfords. In fact, it may actually fit a tad larger, but the collar roll of the gitman and the overall fit is better than the polo oxford. I figured it would at least fit slimmer in the torso, but I guess not... Probably getting mine tailored in the body a bit then calling it good. Still on the hunt for the perfect oxford.post #2075 of 428312/5/11 at 2:20pm
Like fycus, I've learned to forgive gitman for their fit since the collar and details are so nice. Just sent one in to have the box pleat sewn down and the sides taken in a little. May still have to shorten it and get the arms taken in if they keep bothering me. The other details make the alterations worth it IMO.post #2076 of 428312/5/11 at 2:28pmYeah, the constant negative fit critique of Gitman Vintage is getting old and worn out.
There is no such thing as a shirt that will flatter everybody's physique. There just isn't. That's why we have brands like BoO, Epaulet, Gitman, RL, TB, etc. to choose from. I'm 6'1 and 200 lbs but you don't see me crapping up the Band of Outsiders thread complaining about how their fit is designed for prepubescent girls or something like that.
If the fit isn't for you then it isn't for you, but don't make the generalization that the fit is shit for everybody when it isn't. For me, GV fits my frame just right (and I don't consider myself fat by any stretch of the imagination).
Now the sizing consistency critique, on the other hand, seems legit because all my GV shirts are larges and each fits slightly different. I hope that's something they can start to correct.post #2077 of 428312/5/11 at 2:32pmpost #2078 of 428312/5/11 at 2:34pmpost #2079 of 428312/5/11 at 2:46pm^
Agreed. Epaulet's sizing is much more forgiving (I just don't like being called an XXL)
And I liked the GV sizing from a few years ago when the sizes were a little bit smaller. As a 44 chest I loved 22.5 inch chest on an older GV, as the newer 23 inch chest is going back into tent territory for me. If there was a 22.25 inch size, I'd buy everything they had.post #2080 of 428312/5/11 at 2:47pmpost #2081 of 428312/5/11 at 2:54pmpost #2082 of 428312/5/11 at 3:03pmpost #2083 of 428312/5/11 at 4:00pmpost #2084 of 428312/5/11 at 5:39pmanyone know where i can get over dyed khaki oxford in size s?
Honestly this looks like the one: https://www.shopacrimony.com/mens/tops/wovens/gitman-brothers-vintage-khaki-oxford
is it mislabeled?
.... I guess I should just give them a call later.
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 24 seconds ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Can I wear a suit jacket with kahkis? And does my suit fit? 7 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 8 minutes ago
- › Video Games 9 minutes ago
- › Eyeglasses - The Basics 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan