Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 12:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 139post #2071 of 428712/5/11 at 12:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2072 of 428712/5/11 at 12:55pmpost #2073 of 428712/5/11 at 1:16pmpost #2074 of 428712/5/11 at 2:14pmThe fit is near identical to the polo custom (slim) fit oxfords. In fact, it may actually fit a tad larger, but the collar roll of the gitman and the overall fit is better than the polo oxford. I figured it would at least fit slimmer in the torso, but I guess not... Probably getting mine tailored in the body a bit then calling it good. Still on the hunt for the perfect oxford.post #2075 of 428712/5/11 at 2:20pm
Like fycus, I've learned to forgive gitman for their fit since the collar and details are so nice. Just sent one in to have the box pleat sewn down and the sides taken in a little. May still have to shorten it and get the arms taken in if they keep bothering me. The other details make the alterations worth it IMO.post #2076 of 428712/5/11 at 2:28pmYeah, the constant negative fit critique of Gitman Vintage is getting old and worn out.
There is no such thing as a shirt that will flatter everybody's physique. There just isn't. That's why we have brands like BoO, Epaulet, Gitman, RL, TB, etc. to choose from. I'm 6'1 and 200 lbs but you don't see me crapping up the Band of Outsiders thread complaining about how their fit is designed for prepubescent girls or something like that.
If the fit isn't for you then it isn't for you, but don't make the generalization that the fit is shit for everybody when it isn't. For me, GV fits my frame just right (and I don't consider myself fat by any stretch of the imagination).
Now the sizing consistency critique, on the other hand, seems legit because all my GV shirts are larges and each fits slightly different. I hope that's something they can start to correct.post #2077 of 428712/5/11 at 2:32pmpost #2078 of 428712/5/11 at 2:34pmpost #2079 of 428712/5/11 at 2:46pm^
Agreed. Epaulet's sizing is much more forgiving (I just don't like being called an XXL)
And I liked the GV sizing from a few years ago when the sizes were a little bit smaller. As a 44 chest I loved 22.5 inch chest on an older GV, as the newer 23 inch chest is going back into tent territory for me. If there was a 22.25 inch size, I'd buy everything they had.post #2080 of 428712/5/11 at 2:47pmpost #2081 of 428712/5/11 at 2:54pmpost #2082 of 428712/5/11 at 3:03pmpost #2083 of 428712/5/11 at 4:00pmpost #2084 of 428712/5/11 at 5:39pmanyone know where i can get over dyed khaki oxford in size s?
Honestly this looks like the one: https://www.shopacrimony.com/mens/tops/wovens/gitman-brothers-vintage-khaki-oxford
is it mislabeled?
.... I guess I should just give them a call later.
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Wedding Gift Etiquette 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Paris restaurants 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 6 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...