Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 139post #2071 of 434512/5/11 at 12:46pmpost #2072 of 434512/5/11 at 12:55pmpost #2073 of 434512/5/11 at 1:16pmpost #2074 of 434512/5/11 at 2:14pmThe fit is near identical to the polo custom (slim) fit oxfords. In fact, it may actually fit a tad larger, but the collar roll of the gitman and the overall fit is better than the polo oxford. I figured it would at least fit slimmer in the torso, but I guess not... Probably getting mine tailored in the body a bit then calling it good. Still on the hunt for the perfect oxford.post #2075 of 434512/5/11 at 2:20pm
Like fycus, I've learned to forgive gitman for their fit since the collar and details are so nice. Just sent one in to have the box pleat sewn down and the sides taken in a little. May still have to shorten it and get the arms taken in if they keep bothering me. The other details make the alterations worth it IMO.post #2076 of 434512/5/11 at 2:28pmYeah, the constant negative fit critique of Gitman Vintage is getting old and worn out.
There is no such thing as a shirt that will flatter everybody's physique. There just isn't. That's why we have brands like BoO, Epaulet, Gitman, RL, TB, etc. to choose from. I'm 6'1 and 200 lbs but you don't see me crapping up the Band of Outsiders thread complaining about how their fit is designed for prepubescent girls or something like that.
If the fit isn't for you then it isn't for you, but don't make the generalization that the fit is shit for everybody when it isn't. For me, GV fits my frame just right (and I don't consider myself fat by any stretch of the imagination).
Now the sizing consistency critique, on the other hand, seems legit because all my GV shirts are larges and each fits slightly different. I hope that's something they can start to correct.post #2077 of 434512/5/11 at 2:32pmpost #2078 of 434512/5/11 at 2:34pmpost #2079 of 434512/5/11 at 2:46pm^
Agreed. Epaulet's sizing is much more forgiving (I just don't like being called an XXL)
And I liked the GV sizing from a few years ago when the sizes were a little bit smaller. As a 44 chest I loved 22.5 inch chest on an older GV, as the newer 23 inch chest is going back into tent territory for me. If there was a 22.25 inch size, I'd buy everything they had.post #2080 of 434512/5/11 at 2:47pmpost #2081 of 434512/5/11 at 2:54pmpost #2082 of 434512/5/11 at 3:03pmpost #2083 of 434512/5/11 at 4:00pmpost #2084 of 434512/5/11 at 5:39pmanyone know where i can get over dyed khaki oxford in size s?
Honestly this looks like the one: https://www.shopacrimony.com/mens/tops/wovens/gitman-brothers-vintage-khaki-oxford
is it mislabeled?
.... I guess I should just give them a call later.post #2085 of 434512/5/11 at 5:46pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 44 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 51 seconds ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding