Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:53 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/11/15 at 9:33am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 114
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1697 of 43178/20/11 at 5:56amDoes this fabric look familiar?
Also for those Gant Rugger fans, what about this?
B.post #1698 of 43178/20/11 at 1:03pmpost #1699 of 43178/21/11 at 9:51pmpost #1700 of 43178/21/11 at 9:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by lachyzee
Bit unsure on the sizing of these - not sure if I need M or L (i'm interested in the dish towel patterned shirt as well as the oxfords).
I have a large neck, wide shoulders slim waist. I am 184cm, 186 pounds. I like my shirts to be reasonably trim through the body. Usually shirts than fit me nicely in the body won't do up at the collar and/or have shoulders that are too small.
For instance in Brooks Brothers ESF, I will buy 16 or 16.5 collar size but then need to get the back darted fairly heavily. I am usually a size 40 suit.
From the measurements page and what is said here about the fit, an M would be right in everything except the collar (15.5"), which won't do up if I were to wear an M. On the oxfords, this might be a problem, but not so much on the dish towel. Ideally I think i'd get the L collar (16.5") and the M body shape!
So - do you guys think M or L is the way to go? Do the oxfords fit any differently from the casual shirts such as the dish towel?
Quoting an earlier post of mine because I received my Dishtowel shirt today. Fits nicely, and the collar even does up which means its at least 16"/16.5".
The casual shirts, or at least this one, must definitely fit a bit looser than the oxfords. Think I would get an L if I buy one of those.
Perhaps this isn't uncommon with oxford cloth - BB Subpima Oxfords definitely fit about half an inch to an inch smaller in the neck than their regular shirting line IMO.post #1701 of 43178/22/11 at 12:09ampost #1702 of 43178/22/11 at 10:55ampost #1703 of 43178/22/11 at 11:12ampost #1704 of 43178/22/11 at 11:21ampost #1705 of 43178/22/11 at 11:26ampost #1706 of 43178/22/11 at 12:44pmpost #1707 of 43178/22/11 at 12:59pmpost #1708 of 43178/22/11 at 3:23pmpost #1709 of 43178/22/11 at 3:34pmActually, I take that back. I don't know what I was thinking. A M should be good, although if you like an ultra slim fit, you probably wont get that, but it'll definitely fit. I don't know where my head was at earlier. I say order a small and a medium to be sure and send back whatever doesn't fit.post #1710 of 43178/22/11 at 4:01pm
- Gitman Brothers Vintage
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1492 Active Users (313 Members and 1179 Guests)
- › Ebay's Global Shipping - insane 1 minute ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 10 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 11 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth