Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 12/7/16 at 3:49pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 12/5/16 at 11:05am in Streetwear and Denim
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 114post #1697 of 43518/20/11 at 5:56amDoes this fabric look familiar?
Also for those Gant Rugger fans, what about this?
B.post #1698 of 43518/20/11 at 1:03pmpost #1699 of 43518/21/11 at 9:51pmpost #1700 of 43518/21/11 at 9:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by lachyzee
Bit unsure on the sizing of these - not sure if I need M or L (i'm interested in the dish towel patterned shirt as well as the oxfords).
I have a large neck, wide shoulders slim waist. I am 184cm, 186 pounds. I like my shirts to be reasonably trim through the body. Usually shirts than fit me nicely in the body won't do up at the collar and/or have shoulders that are too small.
For instance in Brooks Brothers ESF, I will buy 16 or 16.5 collar size but then need to get the back darted fairly heavily. I am usually a size 40 suit.
From the measurements page and what is said here about the fit, an M would be right in everything except the collar (15.5"), which won't do up if I were to wear an M. On the oxfords, this might be a problem, but not so much on the dish towel. Ideally I think i'd get the L collar (16.5") and the M body shape!
So - do you guys think M or L is the way to go? Do the oxfords fit any differently from the casual shirts such as the dish towel?
Quoting an earlier post of mine because I received my Dishtowel shirt today. Fits nicely, and the collar even does up which means its at least 16"/16.5".
The casual shirts, or at least this one, must definitely fit a bit looser than the oxfords. Think I would get an L if I buy one of those.
Perhaps this isn't uncommon with oxford cloth - BB Subpima Oxfords definitely fit about half an inch to an inch smaller in the neck than their regular shirting line IMO.post #1701 of 43518/22/11 at 12:09ampost #1702 of 43518/22/11 at 10:55ampost #1703 of 43518/22/11 at 11:12ampost #1704 of 43518/22/11 at 11:21ampost #1705 of 43518/22/11 at 11:26ampost #1706 of 43518/22/11 at 12:44pmpost #1707 of 43518/22/11 at 12:59pmpost #1708 of 43518/22/11 at 3:23pmpost #1709 of 43518/22/11 at 3:34pmActually, I take that back. I don't know what I was thinking. A M should be good, although if you like an ultra slim fit, you probably wont get that, but it'll definitely fit. I don't know where my head was at earlier. I say order a small and a medium to be sure and send back whatever doesn't fit.post #1710 of 43518/22/11 at 4:01pm
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1529 Active Users (334 Members and 1195 Guests)
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 55 seconds ago
- › The Fake Hate Crimes Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Baggy Dress Shirts 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 4 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...