or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Buzz Cuts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buzz Cuts

post #1 of 43
Thread Starter 
Maintenance free and cheap. Can you get any better? I think not.
post #2 of 43
$50 buys a nice clipper, pays for itsself in a month if you cut your hair weekly like me.
post #3 of 43
Buzz cuts are for cops and nine year-olds.
post #4 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post
Maintenance free and cheap. Can you get any better? I think not.

Buzz cuts are what you describe, but one problem... the person may not have the head shape and/or facial structure for the cut to look good on them. Very much a case by case sort of look.
post #5 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdawe View Post
... the person may not have the head shape and/or facial structure for the cut to look good on them. Very much a case by case sort of look.
I agree, they are definitely not for everyone.
post #6 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdawe View Post
Buzz cuts are what you describe, but one problem... the person may not have the head shape and/or facial structure for the cut to look good on them. Very much a case by case sort of look.

This is true. Ugly people should cover their faces with as much hair as possible.
post #7 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post
This is true. Ugly people should cover their faces with as much hair as possible.

so im guessing you have the cousin it thing going on?
post #8 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdawe View Post
Buzz cuts are what you describe, but one problem... the person may not have the head shape and/or facial structure for the cut to look good on them. Very much a case by case sort of look.

BUT...in my experience and with talking to a couple other guys who shaved thier heads for a charity thing, many people, for whatever reason, think they have a funny shaped head or will not look good with a shaved head; only to find out that it suits them just fine.
post #9 of 43
It's the "I'm balding and don't care anymore" look.
post #10 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
so im guessing you have the cousin it thing going on?

Nay. Definitely sporting a buzz cut right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta View Post
It's the "I'm balding and don't care anymore" look.

Which is better than the "I'm balding and I'm going to try and cover it up" look.
post #11 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR View Post
BUT...in my experience and with talking to a couple other guys who shaved thier heads for a charity thing, many people, for whatever reason, think they have a funny shaped head or will not look good with a shaved head; only to find out that it suits them just fine.
That's an interesting sidenote I've noticed as well. I'd guess this may be due to the fact that they're simply not used to seeing themselves with the buzzed head, and may be uncomfortable with it for a little while. You have to admit though, there really are people out there who don't look great with a buzzed head. I'm not saying this percentage is "high", just that the group does exist. Likely the best way to know is try it, preferably when your younger and have more room to experiment. Then just find out by asking people who you know will answer honestly.
post #12 of 43
i just grew out my buzzcut--------------> it has been nice having my antennae back the higher the hair the closer to god
post #13 of 43
When I buzz my head girls tell me I look like a little kid. True story.
post #14 of 43
I buzz my hair on a pretty regular basis. I'm not going bald but my hair is very thin and limp and thus hard to style. Which is why I cut it short. I think I have the head shape for it and can pull it off.

Some look better when they do go short. Justin Timberlake is one example. When he buzzed his hair it made him look older, more grown up:



Now I'm not really a fan of his but I think he's able to make it look cool and not dorky. I know I've seen guys who do it and it looks terrible on them (a friend of mine started doing it after he started to go bald, but he had kind of a pointy head so the look doesn't really him). Again, it all comes down to head shape.

It can even help fill out your face if you have a narrow chin. Such as Ryan Gosling:



Ewan McGregor is an example of someone who has the right head shape for a buzz cut:



The trick for me is to not do it too short. I think some guys do it for the first time and do it without a guard and on the lowest setting making them look like Cancer patients.
post #15 of 43
There def is a trick to doing it right. In college I used to use the lowest setting but now thats a bit too low. If you use too high of a guard though it takes on a fuzzy mini fro look so I like to thread the needle. I've tried creating a fade to the shortest setting along the back and sides before but it's a tougher to do when you cut it yourself.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Buzz Cuts