• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lodger Shoes - London

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its interesting but I love the idea of old world luxury so this modern tech isnt really for me.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the future.

centrix

Reaction score
would definitely love to have a pair or 2

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EC-Derb-Brn-01.jpg

I've been eying them for some time. Especially this one.

I think that the next time I'm in London I'll have to go to their store. That may be a while, unfortunately. I saw that they visited NY recently, but didn't make it out to Chicago. Given all that, it seems I'll have to hold my money and wait for a year.

Originally Posted by emmanuel
I love the idea of old world luxury so this modern tech isnt really for me.

Their construction looks very old world to me- they just have a high-tech measuring engine.
I'm not sure what you mean by old world luxury given that. What, you want someone to fondle your foot?

Oh, I guess they use a 3-d CAD system connects directly to a machine that cuts out pattern pieces.

How does Edward Green cut out their pattern pieces for their RTW line? By hand?

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
Oh, I guess they use a 3-d CAD system connects directly to a machine that cuts out pattern pieces.

That machine grades and cuts the "˜patterns', the templates, which are laid as a cutting guide onto the hide.
The actual leather pieces, from which the shoes are made, are cut by hand.

Lodger.jpg

The equipment belongs to the factory in Northamptonshire which produces the Logger English collection
(and produces shoes under their own name as well as for numerous "˜private labels'.

EG cuts their patterns in carboard, bound with a lead edge, to withstand the cutting knive for a long time.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
That machine grades and cuts the "˜patterns', the templates, which are laid as a cutting guide onto the hide.
The actual leather pieces, from which the shoes are made, are cut by hand.

Ahh, thank you.

I haven't heard of anyone on SF who actually has a pair of Lodger shoes. That could be for a variety of reasons- Lodger is new, other MTO shoe makers are better- I don't know. I actually think that the SF hot money followed Vass.

The British pound is down, so that pair above is less then full retail RL shoes. Highly tempting- but being London based keeps me from any sudden impulse buying.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by houseshoe
I think you mean Brass bound pattern's, not Lead. Bengal-Stripe, Lead would be a bit of a health and safety issue!!

Oh well...............some metal!!!
laugh.gif

Siegfried_06

Reaction score
Wow...I love the white buck shoe!
inlove.gif
As the article says it's very now.

I brought a pair of Lodger wing broges on my vist to the uk last November. They are a very good fit and still look great. They came with shoe trees that are made to the same shape as the last!

What's your opinion of the white shoe? Is it cool or is it just me??

http://www.lodgerfootwear.com/som/vi...nnis-0409.html

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like it, but white bucks are not my clothing vocabulary right now.
In the long run I don't know if I would love or hate the second toe cap.

Phat Guido has that new pair of white bucks- I like these better.

Ed Sullivan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
EC-Derb-Brn-01.jpg

I've been eying them for some time. Especially this one.

I think that the next time I'm in London I'll have to go to their store. That may be a while, unfortunately. I saw that they visited NY recently, but didn't make it out to Chicago. Given all that, it seems I'll have to hold my money and wait for a year.

Their construction looks very old world to me- they just have a high-tech measuring engine.
I'm not sure what you mean by old world luxury given that. What, you want someone to fondle your foot?

I love the look of that shoe too.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Permanent Stlye blog published a post about Lodger shoes yesterday, which clears up some of the misapprehensions about the brand:

http://permanentstyle.blogspot.com/

(I have no personal experience of Lodger btw, but would be interested to call into their shop when next in London.)

youngScholar

Reaction score
On a tourist trip to London about a week back, I was snapping pictures along and around Saville Row (no way was I going to pass it up), and just happened upon the Lodger store. I found the customer service excellent and the shoes just beautiful, albeit steep in price (for me
shog[1].gif
).

pledge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngScholar
On a tourist trip to London about a week back, I was snapping pictures along and around Saville Row (no way was I going to pass it up), and just happened upon the Lodger store. I found the customer service excellent and the shoes just beautiful, albeit steep in price (for me
shog[1].gif
).

Has anyone purcashed a pair yet? I'm intrigued by the English wholecut. But at 550 GBP, it's not much cheaper than EG.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads