or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Lodger Shoes - London
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lodger Shoes - London

post #1 of 67
Thread Starter 
http://men.style.com/news/blog/2009/....html?mbid=mdn
post #2 of 67
Its interesting but I love the idea of old world luxury so this modern tech isnt really for me.
post #3 of 67
It's the future.
post #4 of 67
would definitely love to have a pair or 2
post #5 of 67


I've been eying them for some time. Especially this one.

I think that the next time I'm in London I'll have to go to their store. That may be a while, unfortunately. I saw that they visited NY recently, but didn't make it out to Chicago. Given all that, it seems I'll have to hold my money and wait for a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuel
I love the idea of old world luxury so this modern tech isnt really for me.

Their construction looks very old world to me- they just have a high-tech measuring engine.
I'm not sure what you mean by old world luxury given that. What, you want someone to fondle your foot?

Oh, I guess they use a 3-d CAD system connects directly to a machine that cuts out pattern pieces.

How does Edward Green cut out their pattern pieces for their RTW line? By hand?
post #6 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_timothy View Post
Oh, I guess they use a 3-d CAD system connects directly to a machine that cuts out pattern pieces.

How does Edward Green cut out their pattern pieces for their RTW line? By hand?

That machine grades and cuts the "˜patterns', the templates, which are laid as a cutting guide onto the hide.
The actual leather pieces, from which the shoes are made, are cut by hand.



The equipment belongs to the factory in Northamptonshire which produces the Logger English collection
(and produces shoes under their own name as well as for numerous "˜private labels'.

EG cuts their patterns in carboard, bound with a lead edge, to withstand the cutting knive for a long time.
post #7 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post
That machine grades and cuts the "˜patterns', the templates, which are laid as a cutting guide onto the hide.
The actual leather pieces, from which the shoes are made, are cut by hand.

Ahh, thank you.

I haven't heard of anyone on SF who actually has a pair of Lodger shoes. That could be for a variety of reasons- Lodger is new, other MTO shoe makers are better- I don't know. I actually think that the SF hot money followed Vass.

The British pound is down, so that pair above is less then full retail RL shoes. Highly tempting- but being London based keeps me from any sudden impulse buying.
post #8 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseshoe View Post
I think you mean Brass bound pattern's, not Lead. Bengal-Stripe, Lead would be a bit of a health and safety issue!!

Oh well...............some metal!!!
post #9 of 67
Wow...I love the white buck shoe! As the article says it's very now.

I brought a pair of Lodger wing broges on my vist to the uk last November. They are a very good fit and still look great. They came with shoe trees that are made to the same shape as the last!

What's your opinion of the white shoe? Is it cool or is it just me??

http://www.lodgerfootwear.com/som/vi...nnis-0409.html
post #10 of 67
I really like it, but white bucks are not my clothing vocabulary right now. In the long run I don't know if I would love or hate the second toe cap. Phat Guido has that new pair of white bucks- I like these better.
post #11 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_timothy View Post


I've been eying them for some time. Especially this one.

I think that the next time I'm in London I'll have to go to their store. That may be a while, unfortunately. I saw that they visited NY recently, but didn't make it out to Chicago. Given all that, it seems I'll have to hold my money and wait for a year.



Their construction looks very old world to me- they just have a high-tech measuring engine.
I'm not sure what you mean by old world luxury given that. What, you want someone to fondle your foot?

Oh, I guess they use a 3-d CAD system connects directly to a machine that cuts out pattern pieces.

How does Edward Green cut out their pattern pieces for their RTW line? By hand?

I love the look of that shoe too.
post #12 of 67
that's what you call innovation plus fashion.
post #13 of 67
The Permanent Stlye blog published a post about Lodger shoes yesterday, which clears up some of the misapprehensions about the brand:

http://permanentstyle.blogspot.com/

(I have no personal experience of Lodger btw, but would be interested to call into their shop when next in London.)
post #14 of 67
On a tourist trip to London about a week back, I was snapping pictures along and around Saville Row (no way was I going to pass it up), and just happened upon the Lodger store. I found the customer service excellent and the shoes just beautiful, albeit steep in price (for me).
post #15 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngScholar View Post
On a tourist trip to London about a week back, I was snapping pictures along and around Saville Row (no way was I going to pass it up), and just happened upon the Lodger store. I found the customer service excellent and the shoes just beautiful, albeit steep in price (for me).

Has anyone purcashed a pair yet? I'm intrigued by the English wholecut. But at 550 GBP, it's not much cheaper than EG.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Lodger Shoes - London