or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Polo showdown
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Polo showdown - Page 3

post #31 of 51
For all the world to see you're wearing Polo: It's on sale too.
post #32 of 51
Quote:
For all the world to see you're wearing Polo: It's on sale too.
I've seen those in stores, man are they U G L Y. Jon.
post #33 of 51
*shudder* it looks like it's crawling with bugs. gives me the heebie-jeebies.
post #34 of 51
Quote:
Quote:
(sam @ June 11 2005,17:25) For all the world to see you're wearing Polo: It's on sale too.
I've seen those in stores, man are they U G L Y. Jon.
I was at a board meeting and someone showed up wearing one those. I couldn't stop staring at it. I wanted the person to leave the table. Plus, it ain't very Trad now, is it?
post #35 of 51
I have that same shirt in purple with multi colored ponies all over it and bought it for only $17.00. I love it and always get comment (good and bad) on it.
post #36 of 51
Quote:
I have that same shirt in purple with multi colored ponies all over it and bought it for only $17.00. I love it and always get comment (good and bad) on it.
that was the one I was talking about.
post #37 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I knew I wasn't crazy wanting to pick up a couple more Lacoste. I don't trust anyone with my fashion but I've always wondered how many of each type of item I should have.
What? You only have 2 polos? I don't wear t-shirts, so polos are my most casual top. I recommend having at least 5. I have 7, am shooting for 10.
post #38 of 51
Quote:
Quote:
(mrgoblueguy @ June 13 2005,05:29) I have that same shirt in purple with multi colored ponies all over it and bought it for only $17.00. I love it and always get comment (good and bad) on it.
that was the one I was talking about.
Do you guys maybe know each other?
post #39 of 51
Quote:
What? You only have 2 polos? I don't wear t-shirts, so polos are my most casual top. I recommend having at least 5. I have 7, am shooting for 10.
I must have been hitting the crack pipe a few years ago because one summer I bought about 25 polos. I think I've worn one in the past two or three years...there was a waste of money. I suppose I should wear one this week to try and get back into the habit.
post #40 of 51
Quote:
Quote:
(Horace @ June 14 2005,10:21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoblueguy,June 13 2005,05:29
I have that same shirt in purple with multi colored ponies all over it and bought it for only $17.00. I love it and always get comment (good and bad) on it.
that was the one I was talking about.
Do you guys maybe know each other?
I don't know. Anything's possible. At the party after the meeting, this guy (who looked like an extra from the Soprano's maybe a size 52S coat size) had a very cute blonde on either arm. No joke.
post #41 of 51
Quote:
I knew I wasn't crazy wanting to pick up a couple more Lacoste. I don't trust anyone with my fashion but I've always wondered how many of each type of item I should have. What? You only have 2 polos? I don't wear t-shirts, so polos are my most casual top. I recommend having at least 5. I have 7, am shooting for 10.
Nah I just bought 2 THIS year, I have a couple other nice ones (Ferre and Miu Miu, as opposed to the other brands usually mentioned) that I've picked up over the last few years that I still wear often m
post #42 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
At the party after the meeting, this guy (who looked like an extra from the Soprano's maybe a size 52S coat size) had a very cute blonde on either arm. No joke.
Those women are prostitutes.
post #43 of 51
Quote:
Quote:
(Horace @ June 15 2005,15:53) At the party after the meeting, this guy (who looked like an extra from the Soprano's maybe a size 52S coat size) had a very cute blonde on either arm. No joke.
Those women are prostitutes.
Not necessarily (although the possibility is great). Jon.
post #44 of 51
Quote:
Not necessarily (although the possibility is great).
They could be his daughters. Who could be prostitutes. I mostly wear Lands' End polos - good selection of colors and patterns throughout the year, hold up through any number of washes, good size range, dirt cheap. You also have the option of mesh or jersey ("interlock") fabrics. I also have a couple of Polo RL polos, mainly because they offered colors I couldn't find anywhere else. And I received a Brooks Brothers performance polo in the mail yesterday - I like it so far, but it hasn't gone through a wash yet.
post #45 of 51
Quote:
Quote:
(imageWIS @ June 16 2005,07:42) Not necessarily (although the possibility is great).
They could be his daughters. Who could be prostitutes. I mostly wear Lands' End polos - good selection of colors and patterns throughout the year, hold up through any number of washes, good size range, dirt cheap. You also have the option of mesh or jersey ("interlock") fabrics. I also have a couple of Polo RL polos, mainly because they offered colors I couldn't find anywhere else. And I received a Brooks Brothers performance polo in the mail yesterday - I like it so far, but it hasn't gone through a wash yet.
I too like the Land's End polos. In the overstock section, I can get the trim fit mesh polos for 10 bucks a piece. Size small after washing in order to shrink a bit fits my body perfectly. No logos, decent color selection, trim fit and cheap prices? I'll take it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Polo showdown