or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › 3 Piece Patch?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

3 Piece Patch? - Page 3

post #31 of 126
I would not. Three-patch and tweed makes it a more casual, which seems incongruous with a three-piece, at least today. I'm with Vox, a sweater vest would probably look better.
post #32 of 126
You must get patch pockets on the vest. For great justice.
post #33 of 126
How about a big patch centured on the back of the jacket, so that you can dispense with a briefbag or backpack?


- B
post #34 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Bill Bixby, the guy who played the Incredible Hulk in the TV series?



BTW, what is a three piece suit

LOL

Billy Reid i mean. where did the heck did i get Bill Bixby??
post #35 of 126
I was contemplating about the patch pocket jacket in a 3-piece suit problem either. Do you think a waistcoat with lapels (which is considered more informal) would look better than a waistcoat without?
post #36 of 126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
I was contemplating about the patch pocket jacket in a 3-piece suit problem either. Do you think a waistcoat with lapels (which is considered more informal) would look better than a waistcoat without?
This is a good idea!
post #37 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
This is a good idea!

We aim to please!
post #38 of 126
A lapelled waistcoat is a good idea indeed, if one can pull off the look without looking costume-y. Shawl lapels though -- there's something disturbing about those little notch lapels you sometimes see on waistcoats.
post #39 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicaldog View Post
A lapelled waistcoat is a good idea indeed, if one can pull off the look without looking costume-y. Shawl lapels though -- there's something disturbing about those little notch lapels you sometimes see on waistcoats.
You think so? I like the notch lapel on the waistcoat of country suits. And if you can pull off a 3 piece Donegal tweed suit with patch pockets, I don't think a small lapel on the waistcoat will make you look "costume-y". ;-)
post #40 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
You think so?
I like the notch lapel on the waistcoat of country suits.

And if you can pull off a 3 piece Donegal tweed suit with patch pockets, I don't think a small lapel on the waistcoat will make you look "costume-y". ;-)

I fear that the notch lapel on the waistcoat may become the proverbial hair that broke the camel's back. But shawl lapels would look very good, even though they might be considered slightly less correct. The incorrectness would reduce the costume/fuddy-duddy factor.
post #41 of 126
Thread Starter 
I don't like shawl lapels on an SB vest. I would get notch.
post #42 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
I don't like shawl lapels on an SB vest. I would get notch.

Fair enough. The lapels on the vest would need a long and voluptous roll in order not to look stuffy imo. And the notch wouldn't show when the coat is buttoned anyway. I guess my theory was that well-rolled shawl lapels lmake the waistcoat look a bit more like a sweatervest of sorts, thus they detract from the overall stuffyness of the suit.
post #43 of 126
Though there are haters...my Shattuck suit is 3 piece with patch.




[/quote]
post #44 of 126
I like!
post #45 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
A three-piece all-patch suit in archival Lesser cloth with drape would be the ultimate iGent suit.
Fixed, as they say...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › 3 Piece Patch?